Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What do you do when you've got someone stalling on paying for the item they've bid on and won?

I sold a hairdresser's mannequin on ebay last sunday and I've been emailing the buyer. She's stalled twice already saying she doesn't have the money in her account to pay and now she's suggesting that 'if I'm desperate for the money I could offer someone a second chance buy'.

I'm sick of her stalling and I want my money. She's said in an email that she'll pay on monday or tuesday, so what do I do if she doesn't? I have a feeling she's going to keep on dragging it out.

Help!

ReputationRep:
    In future, add on the auction that you'll relist it if the bidder doesn't pay in a certain amount of time.

Edit: Have you tried the resolution centre?

ReputationRep:
    She obviously can't afford it! Give her a break and relist it.... or leave neg feedback

ReputationRep:
    This happened to my Dad, unfortunately he sent the item before he received payment stupidly so at least u still have the mannequin. The buyer refused to pay, continued to stall, so my Dad took him to court. The buyer still hasn't paid (£5!!!) so he has a judgement against him which will hinder him in some respects (Credit etc) but best thing to do is threaten legal action i would suggest! Or relist the item. x

ReputationRep:
    I've not gone down the 'dispute' route yet. The auction ended last sunday, so if it's not paid by tuesday (and over 7 days after the auction ended), then I think I'll have to start a dispute. I'm not sure what's involved, does anyone know how it works? The ebay 'help centre' isn't much... help lol.

ReputationRep:
    This happened with one of the items I sold... I basically just emailed them with a blunt response of if you aren't going to pay any time soon then I'll relist. Suffice to say they paid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kane_Fizz)
    She obviously can't afford it! Give her a break and relist it.... or leave neg feedback
    Wait if someone cant afford, or doesnt have the money they shouldnt be buying ****.

ReputationRep:
    Do the dispute resolution thing.

ReputationRep:
    You could neg rep them

I think on eBay you can start a thing so that if the seller agress you get your fees back - basdically the dispute service

offer her one last chance

there is no point waiting for someone to pay if they dont wnat to.

just get your fees abck and relist ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    Just open a dispute (after waiting 'til tuesday if you wish) You'll be able to either offer it to the second highest bidder or list it again for free.

ReputationRep:
    Am I right in thinking sellers can't neg rep buyers anymore? Or is it possible if they haven't paid?
    Whenever I've sold, there's only an option for pos rep, but then I've never had people not paying.

I would give them until the day they said they'd pay buy, and if they don't pay, report them to ebay, leave feedback, and yes, it might have a green +, but explain what happened in the box.

The do the 2nd chance offer/relist.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just hacked off with it tbh. It's £23 so it's what I had planned to use to pay for my sellers fees. The mannequin is all boxed and wrapped ready to go, and I haven't got time to be pissing around with more listings & auctions. I gave myself a week to put all my stuff on and get it sold so I'm naturally pissed off that she's messed me about. I just want it over and done with now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by René Artois)
    Wait if someone cant afford, or doesnt have the money they shouldnt be buying ****.

Yeah I totally agree but at the same time we need to remember that people could be going through a number of different emergancies and maybe truly unable to pay at the minute.

However I wish you every look in getting your EARNED wages.

Good Luck,

K

ReputationRep:
    *Luck

L K

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kane_Fizz)
    Yeah I totally agree but at the same time we need to remember that people could be going through a number of different emergancies and maybe truly unable to pay at the minute.

However I wish you every look in getting your EARNED wages.

Good Luck,

K
    The most annoying thing is that she's been buying stuff on ebay since she won my auction. She's received feedback for it, so she's clearly got the money to go buying other bits n bobs, but not mine? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    sellers cant leave negative feedback anymore.
    OP, what was the next highest bid?

if it wasn't much less than the highest bid (£23?) i would just offer it to the next person

ReputationRep:
    The next bid down was for £22, so I'd only lose a pound. I'll do second chance offer on tuesday if this woman doesn't pay up.

If she doesn't pay up, and I do offer a 2nd chance to someone else, I won't be able to warn other buyers in my feedback would I?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    The next bid down was for £22, so I'd only lose a pound. I'll do second chance offer on tuesday if this woman doesn't pay up.

If she doesn't pay up, and I do offer a 2nd chance to someone else, I won't be able to warn other buyers in my feedback would I?
    i am not sure, i have never done this

you could email ebay asking this

ReputationRep:
    it happens

just 2nd chance offer

and u can still dispute resolve this and get ur fees back

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.