Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm going to Glasgow and am so excited!! Applied last year and didn't meet my condtional but got an uncondtional for this year yay! Just wanted to know who else has got Glasgow as firm?

ReputationRep:
    Class uni. Enjoy!

:top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisa.Marie)
    did you do your qualification they asked for again or something? aw well done your so lucky im getting my results next week which will tell me what uni i'm going to :eek: pure nervous!! lol
    I've been so caught up with work and sorting out uni stuff that I've completely forgotten that results day is coming soon! Doesn't feel like a year has passed since I was in the same position waiting for results.

Is it a B in chem that you needed for glasgow? You should be able to make that :yes:. From what I remember, the exam was ok. Give me the same exam to do now though, and i'll just laugh. Everything that I ever knew about chemistry, biology and anything else I may have studied is out the window.

As for OP, didn't get an offer from glasgow, but from what I saw from interviews and open days there, it seems like a lovely uni. People are more willing to talk to 'strangers' and are more open than the rest of scotland. So even if you don't know anyone else that's going there, you should fit in quite quickly :yes:

ReputationRep:
    did you do your qualification they asked for again or something? aw well done your so lucky im getting my results next week which will tell me what uni i'm going to :eek: pure nervous!! lol
    I was to get an A in crash higher physics but only got a B. I got an A in another higher so thought they might still let me in and arranged for a meeting with Mr Hutchinson to try and beg for a place haha. He told me to reapply and that I wouldn't need to get any other qualifications cos I had the min AAAAB.
    A few days later I got a letter sent out saying I had a place for the year 2009 based only on Health and Disclosure. I was over the moon! Plus it was such a relief to not have to go through the whole application process again.

Well done on getting an offer! From what I've heard there are less places getting offered this year since too many people got accepted last year and some people from 2008 were asked to wait til 2009 to start. I hope you get your conditions but at least you know from what happened to me theres hope even if you don't! Good luck I hope you get it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmarkmclachlan)
    Class uni. Enjoy!

Thanks I can't wait to start. You doing dentistry there the now or gonna be a first year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimee.)
    Thanks I can't wait to start. You doing dentistry there the now or gonna be a first year?
    No, I'm not a student, per se, anymore. Got a few mates still going to GU, it's a good uni. I clicked the "Glasgow Uni" from the "Latest Discussions" tab, didn't realise it was in Dentistry!

ReputationRep:
    hey there

same! like all i've been doing is working this summer too like i was up at 3.30 to get start work at 5 for that next sale! lol it does not feel as though we've had 2 months off does it not! have you got your accomodation and that sorted yet?

yeh thats so not happening and i don't know if they'll still accept me cause i have an A at higher! haha same!! couldn't tell you one chemistry related thing! oh we are in for a shock when we start dentistry! :p: have you had a good summer though? like after reults we still have a good month and a half off!

i'm just annoying myself now though so i really want to know my results and where i'm going! some days i wanna go to glasgow and some days i wanna go to dundee! i was talking to someone who went to dundee and she loved it and came back to glasgow like every weekend!
    Bloody hell... 3:30? When I do overtime, it's usually a afternoon/night shift, still doing 9 hours a day mind, just start at one in the afternoon so I get to sleep in and have breakfast during lunchtime. I call it the lazy-boy equivalent of a 9-5.

It does feel like a long time since school, I'm certain I can't use a pen anymore, it would just feel wierd! Got (most of) my jabs sorted, and am still in the mist of sorting out accomodation. Applied for halls a bit late and ended up with the 'budget' halls dundee had to offer. So I've been looking for private lease, should have it all sorted out within a week or so. The people I know with conditionals can't actually apply for accomodation until they get accepted so feel bad for them; they won't get a choice in what they're given.

Summer's been good! It's nice to take a break from everything, not have to use your brain for 3 months, and throw your responsibilities out the window. :yes: That last point only applies to a point though :p:

I'm not too sure what to expect with my results anymore, I walked through biology, would be gutted if I lost a single mark in Bus Man, but I was hit and miss with chemistry and english. :o: God I hated english...only took it as glasgow asked for higher english in the requirements, only to be rejected from them in march. But still had to continue with the subject as it was too late to switch. That left a bitter feeling.:p:

You're right though, we've still got quite a bit of time until we have to worry about uni and the lark! It's still summer

ReputationRep:
    You're gona love Glasgow.

My first year of Dentolz was great - great mates and great chat.

ReputationRep:
    well that was what i set my alarm for, ended up my mum had to wake me at 4.20 and had like 20 minutes to get ready! i was on the tills at 5 and people were buying like hundreds of pounds worth of stuff! night shift? i thought you had to be 18? awwh in next it can be your usual 9-6 or 11-8 or 10-7 so it takes up your whole day. awwh you do a 1-10 then? at least you get your long lies but i find it hard to switch off after working until 10 like sale prep.

did you not have an unconditional for dundee? and they still have not got your halls sorted? what chance do i have of getting any decent ones!! :p: oh no!! we'll be in the crappy ones! i want the villas, i will miss my double bed so much if i go to dundee! :rolleyes:

:p: haha i can just imagine someone throwing all their jotters out a window! yeh this summers been good but its scary like i'm seeing all my pals at parties and next summer we might not even know some of them! everyone will have new friends too!

same how boring was business management! still though i wont be as confident as you until i actually get my results! i bet i somehow mucked it up! oh i have a result already! an A in cake decorating woohoo! you didn't do english in 5th year then? i hate how the english departments like you need english for every single thing at uni, quite clearly you don't if you got an unconditional! :p: that is a gutter, i was only doing physics cause glasgow "prefer" it and they didn't want anything in it even though i done chemistry already. awwh well no knowledge is wasted and i bet you done fab in english, i loved it in 5th year! :o:

I think once we get our results its when we'll actually realise we're starting uni soon!

we've somehow managed to turn this glasgow thread into a dundee/summer/work/business management thread! :woo: do we not do this in quite a lot of forums?
    I meant 1pm to 10pm, should have made myself more clear. Although I have done the odd night shift (12 hour shifts when you didn't sleep during the day make you a little crazy. Strangest feeling in the world watching the sun set, and then rise a few hours later). I think you are meant to be 18 to do night shift, but people seem to think I'm in my early 20's at work. No idea why though :confused:, I just turned 1 a couple weeks back. I find working later is easier; fewer customers, fewer managers, you can relax. And the work isn't too demanding/non-existant when you're shelf stacking :p:

It's not the uni's fault about the accomodation, I should have applied months ago, but left it 2 weeks before the deadline. So I ended up with the booby prize; you're not going to get a villa, they ones that were left are tay mills (no central heating, no internet, 'working area' of dundee) and (maybe) west park (around 1.4 miles from dental school), good news though is that there are plenty of flats nearby the uni, so you shouldn't find it too hard to find somewhere to live; not that you need to be looking, as you'll get that conditional

I remember the rooms from the open day, they are small: single bed, desk, bathroom and that's it. No room to stretch your legs and they have the cheek to charge £4.3k for the 9 months :rolleyes:

It does seem strange that you won't see the people you grew up with (or at least spent a good 6 years seeing them 5 days a week), but you'll make new friends, and if you work at it, staying in contact with your school mates should be manageable, even a few years down the line :yes:

Bus Man was... dull, I was hoping in the back of my head that it would be a souped up version of monoploy. Copying out note off a projector got a bit boring after the 80th hour.

I was hoping to aviod doing english altogether thb, took maths, chem, bio, physics and computing in 5th year, english was never my strongest subject, and I didn't want it to be a liability that would drag me down. Don't get me wrong, the lessons were great (had a legendary teacher, we spent most lessons just talking, and playing on the wii), but I never understood any of the analysis.

I'll probably realise I'm going to uni after freshers' week, just be like "Oh ****", and start panicing. I'm like that, i'm so unprepared and relaxed until the last minute and usually forget to do stuff.

We've gone off topic quite a few times, but I'll pretend that what we're saying will help someone that's in a similar situation, etc. There's my justification.

Glasgow's great :top:, to stay on topic. Only problem I had was finding the dental school, I was circling the place for around ten minutes before finding the entrance. I was already late for the interview by then though, it's brilliant walking into a lecture room when they've already started, and 50 people in suits turn their heads to look at the idiot that couldn't even make it on time

ReputationRep:
    awwh so you had to complete the AAAAB thing in 6th year. thats unfair that you got your condtion just not the right subject, i would of let you in last year if i was in charge!! haha :p: so you were like a deferred entry? i crashed physics this year, it's so hard! thats like the meanest condtion ever! my condtion was a B in advanced higher chemistry! so not happening cause i thought if i had to get something it would be in physics so spent like all my time oding that and had like 2 months to swot up on chemsitry! :eek: and theres a post saying the answers are starting to get put up! oh no! that must of been a relief cause your interview was obviously really good if you got an offer so theres no point in you doing it again.

awwh thanks yeh i know a few people who got rejected but yeh it must have something to do with taking too many people last year. yeh exactly! your story will give so many other people hope cause surely it's not just me who's starting to worry about results! :eek: if i don't i will be off to dundee and as much as i'd love to go to glasgow, at least it's still dentistry.
    I did the exact same thing spending all my time on physics and completely neglected all other subjects. I even started doing physics equtions in my dreams haha. Last year tho if I remember rightly Glasgow didn't really ask for adv highers, they told me right from the very start they wouldn't give me a condition in an adv higher. I'm sure you'll do well with chem cos I always found the past paper questions were pretty staright forward if you had studied, unlike some subjects where it feels like they delibrately tried to trip you up. Yeh physics was a nightmare and we had the worst teacher who was so old he would just fall asleep during class.

I took Bus man last year I thought it was gonna be such a fun subject but what a let down!

So is Glasgow your first choice if you get your conditions or you still deciding between them and Dundee?

By the way has anyone joined the yougofurther thing? I did last year but have no idea how to work it this year, I've tried searching for other Glasgow dental students but it's not working.

ReputationRep:
    yeh same! except my time was totally wasted on it :p: i still would love to get a B in physics like you did though cause crashing it was hard! did they say that to you? i got told i wouldn't need chemistry at the open day! :eek: like if i knew i would need it i would of spent time on that too but it's that way you just wanna get your condtion and no other subjects are as important! haha in your dreams? i'm pretty sure i done that too! my advanced chemistry was like a bloody relationship! all my time was spent studying on that so i was releaved when i finished all my exams! :woo: i will be gutted if i fail it though cause i done more work on that one subject than i did in like my 5 highers the year before. he fell asleep in class! usually its the other way about, nah i'm being serious when i say i fell asleep during business, like i took it thinking cause i loved accounts it would be amazing and your right! a let down and a half! did you get your A in that? btw what did you phone up and say when you got your results? i have a strong feeling i will be doing the exact same thing next wednesday and you obviously done quite well with it if you got a place!

yeh glasgows my first choice but i'm happy i have a pretty good back-up too. well there is only 2 dental schools in scotland! we don't have much of a choice do we! :p: haha dundees really good but i just think i'd fit in at glasgow better, and not just cause i'm from glasgow!! :eek:

i'm on it but its now that yougo thing and there is actually no other dentists on it, there was a few on the older one though but now it keeps redirecting me to the new one which no one else has! have you got the new one?

what did you do on your year out then?
    Thats pretty unfair to say you won't need it and then give you a condition on it. What did u get in your prelim?
    I know what you mean about no other subject being important towards the end I just stopped going to my other classes and sat in the library doing physics.
    It sounds like you studied really really hard theres no way you are gonna fail!
    Yeh I got my A in bus man which i was pretty shocked at cos I did not study for it at all and spent my time daydreaming in class. As stupid as this is gonna sound it was a bit gutting cos it was like I've studied so hard for physics and get a B and don't put in any effort for bus man and get an A. Oh well! At least we don't have to do any more physics or chem or bus man at uni yay!
    I went up to the dental school bit where we had our interview and asked to see Mr Hutchinson. He was really helpful cos he broke down my scores for my PS, portfolio and interview and explained to me how it worked and what the cut-off points were. I'm sure you won't need to do that tho. You are so lucky you have the safety net of Dundee. They rejected me straight away cos i only had AAABB in 5th year. So for me it was Glasgow or nowhere!
    Would you wanna move it if you went to Glasgow or just stay at home?
    I think I still have the old one. I was hoping to go on it to meet other Glasgow dental students cos i know noone!
    Not much really worked a lot and travelled a little. Because I didn't think I was gonna have a gap year I hadn't really planned anything. It's been a nice rest from exams and deadlines! I have no idea how I'm gonna cope now at uni! The other day I had to write a few sentences and my hand literally started to cramp cos I hadn't properly written for so long!

ReputationRep:
    awwh if your 18 i think its fine, im 17 so escape sales prep and get sent home at like 10 whereas everyone has to stay until 2! it's like the only good thing about being 17 but you'll get more money for doing night shift. haha i was a bit crazy on sale day! i had like 2 hours sleep so was hyper cause the shop was so busy! :woo: i don't even wanna know what i'd be like doing night shift! where do you work?

ohh! west park has double beds!! they look nice and they put a wee bus on to take you from the union to the dental school. isn't that lovely! i dont care if tay mills is left, i'd rather have central heating! pure wearing jackets and that in your flat! i'll be a bit gutted if glasgow don't accept me cause then i could of applied for nice halls at dundee! :p: at least you don't have to share a bathroom! no i won't like i think i got a C if i'm lucky. just need to wait like a week now!! oh no!

halls is so expensive like you'd be cheaper renting a flat.

yeh like i think i'll stay in touch with my close friends but not everyone you seen all the time at school.

it was so boring! like i have never wanted an exam to go in quicker than business, i think i even liked AH chemistry better and that my friend is saying something!! haha

you got a wii? omg our treat was that we got to watch wuthering heights the dvd cause we done the novel but the guy in it was so hot so i wasn't complaining that much. apparently a new ones being filmed with chuck out of gossip girl in it :rolleyes: what stuff did you do in english?

haha i'm just a worrier! but i'm more excited about starting uni than being nervous. do you know anyone starting dentistry in the same year?

nah i just think it's funny people will come on thinking it's all about glasgow :p: but your right, a good part of it is!

I'm from glasgow and it is great, there, there's my addition to that haha ohh where you late? :eek: a few people where late at my interview but people come from everywhere so they can't expect everyone to be on time. nah i was like 15 minutes early and about 40 people where just standing there, like no one was talking to anyone!! at dundee there was 8 of us in a nice wee room so it wasn't that daunting but glasgow was so nervous for me cause i was thinking only like half of these people will get an offer! i was lucky though cause i got lovely interviewers, some people came out feeling they got interrogated!! :eek: ahh how happy are you you never had to go through that admissions process again but mind you, gappers, like they have experience so that's a plus but i never wanna go through that wait for offers again! :eek:
    I'm not 18 yet - in fact I've got to wait almost a year until that happens O.O, I work at tesco, no one really seems to know/care how old anyone else is, you can get away with anything. Wouldn't recommend night shift anyway though - harder to skive, not easy to get back into your normal sleep routine. Where I work I can usually 'haggle' my overtime - choose the shifts you want to work, if you don't like any ask for different/longer hours. I generally don't bother with shifts shorter than 5 hours, even though it only takes me 10 mins to get there :p:. And I'd never stay a minute after 'clock out' time.

I haven't seen the west park flats, I just assumed they were single like the rest of them. The prices are the same as the rest :confused: To be fair to tay mills, they do have electric heaters, and all bills are included with the rent. I managed to get accomodation finally, not from halls, but a letting agency. Not en-suite unfortunately, but there are four bathrooms shared between 5 people, so almost one each. :rolleyes: Halls is expensive, the average rent in dundee seems to be half the price halls are charging. I guess people would prefer to let them take care of it rather than finding a flat themself, pay bills etc. I know it's what I'd rather have did!

For the bus man exam I think I wrote around 4 times the points require for each question. So a 4 marker would have 12 equally valid and well explained points. I thought that I may as well rip the piss. Give the examiner something to laugh about, think I wrote around 25 pages or so. Stopped half way through out of boredom; the exam was basically copying things out from that leckie & leckie bus man book I bought a while back; never used my own words, just writing from memory...

Our english teacher managed to buy a wii for the department, there's a word game for it, apperently. We just played tennis most of the time :o:. When I say we didn't do much it english I really meant it. I'd write my name on a sheet of paper, that would be it. One time, the only work I did was cross out a few sentences I wrote the day before - so I finished the lesson with a minus word count.:yes: The stuff we 'did' was philip larken poems, "the lord of the flies" and romeo and juliet. But I didn't finish reading romeo and juliet, and only looked at a couple of the poems. So I went int that exam room with two poems and a book to write about, luckily the essay questions were gifts. Can't say I have much of an opinion of 'hot guys', but serina from gossip girl is...:yes:

I was late for my interview, but to be honest THAT time, it wasn't my fault. My bus took around an hour and a half to go 6 miles because of the snow/ice. Caused me to miss my train, had to buy a new ticket, run to the dental school, then realise I've no idea where it was, find the dental school. Walk around the building like a lost dog peeking into every room looking for the right lecture room... yeah, I'm no good with directions. The interview did feel like an interrogation, I think I spent a good 5 mins rambling on how the banks shouldn't have given loans to those that couldn't afford to pay back, and the govenment shouldn't be trying to get people to spend more, as no one has any money to spend... what in gods name does that have to do with dentistry?!?!

ReputationRep:
    what year are you in?
    Heading into 2nd year. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allthewayhome)
    Heading into 2nd year. :woo:
    are you being serious :eek: i thought you were in like 4th or 5th! you know your stuff on these forums! haha :p:

ReputationRep:
    are you being serious :eek: i thought you were in like 4th or 5th! you know your stuff on these forums! haha :p:
    Everything I say should be taken with a large pinch of salt 'n a heavy dose of real life :p:

Thanks tho - it means I've successfully learned enough to bluff my way through basic dent advice - yuss. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allthewayhome)
    Everything I say should be taken with a large pinch of salt 'n a heavy dose of real life :p:

Thanks tho - it means I've successfully learned enough to bluff my way through basic dent advice - yuss. :cool:
    well you do have a lot of wisdom for a first year, its just like you've been doing dentistry for ages or something. speaking of wisdom and dentistry my wisdom teeth are coming in now! :eek: its bloody agony! now i know why babies cry all the time when they are teething! :p: yeh i guess it means you have! haha :cool:

ReputationRep:
    when are you 18? it's not after january is it! omg i thought i would be one of the youngest in my year but maybe not :p: your working illegally with your nightshifts but mind you i wasn't meant to work at 5 in the morning and my age didn't stop that :p: 'clock out' we have that too but i never use it but sometimes like today some cusotmers come in at like 5.55 and refuse to leave and we have to stay intil they leave :p: ahh the joys of retail! but i do like it and its good getting money for uni, quite obviously we're going to need it for halls!! :rolleyes:

the only thing about west park is that they're a wee bit out from the others halls which may put other people off them. whats a letting agency? nothing to do with uni? how much are you paying and thats quite good if you got a better deal. is your flaty quite near the uni and do other students live there?

i really took the piss with that exam too! 25 pages like snap! i wrote loads too, the examiner probably gave up marking ours pure ffs i'll just give you an A! :p: you know our school didnt even give us the leckie and leckie book! i had to go out and buy it but if i didnt have it then i would not of managed to write anything. OMFG do you watch gossip girl! haha see what i did there, im so sad! i love gossip girl but i like blair better than serena, i dont know why though cause shes a lot *****ier than serena. i just feel sorry for her. do you know chucks english? how good is his american accent. i bet you still get an A in english! i mind in march last year thinking i am never going to be able to do 2 essays in 1hr 30 but you learn to do it eventually :p: that was my B in my prelims so i was chuffed with an A cause i'm more mathy. lord of the flies is meant to be amazing. i done the glass menagerie and embarassed myself quite a bit by doing my deep southern alabama accent! oh btw you know why im scared to go to dundee, people in glasgow do not understand me!!! i talk soooo fast so how on earth are people in the east of scotland able to know what i say! my patients will be like WHAT?! haha

awwh did you have a winter interview, well tbh december to march was all winter, it was snowing a few days before my interview in febuary. haha i rambled too!! omg i got asked about the banks, i says they should give people longer to pay back or stop giving out loans to people who cleary cant afford them or get the government to help them out. i got asked what would i change about myself. that was my hardest question cause your trying to talk yourself up but i says something about being less optimisitc about everything cause it can all come crashing down dundee asked me when my glasgow interview is? your not allowed to ask your right about that but i think they kind of need to get to know you. i mean we would of been preparing for months on dentistry, some stuff you cant really prepare for which is what they want to know! AH a week tomorrow :eek: i will know when i'm heading
    I'm 18 next july, started school a year early :p:. I'm sure there will be younger though - probably some smart arse that left after 5th year. :rolleyes:.

I usually work during the evening to be fair, only done a couple night shifts, so I'm not that bad for it. There are usually enough staff in tesco that you can slip away without anyone else noticing, so always get out on time. Unless you lose time of track. Stay on longer than you should. Unpaid. Always feel so dirty afterwards. :p: I'm not sure I'll get a job for uni, the nearest tesco is around 1.5 miles away from where I'll be staying, and not too keen trying to find a new job in this economic climate :o:. I'll just have to budget a bit better.

West parks is a bit further than the rest, not something that would be easy to walk to day in day out. And i've never been a fan of buses, always come too early/too late, and i'm always stuck in a bus full of 12 year old ned girls talking the biggest ****. I'd rather walk it.

A letting agency is just a firm that rents out properties. Nothing to do with the uni. Got a place around 20mins away from the uni, rent is about £220 a month if I remember right. It's a student house, but most of them are older (3rd/4th year), probably prefer that to be honest. It'll be quieter (i hope!). All students so to aviod council tax.

They better give me an A for bus man, I'd assume they made a mistake if it was anything less. I had to buy my own leckie&leckie book, never used any of the class note, just learned the 100 odd pages in that book. Easy (compared to the likes of biology).

Yeah... gossip girl, one of the many american-tv-dirty-little-secrets I have. Don't go around spreading now. Need to keep my street cred in order. I've never trusted blair, she seems like a Bi*ch, no one is that good a actress. Chuck's english? I was surprised to see the guy from House to speak in english, really good american accents.

I think i'll be the exact opposite dentist - I don't make small talk, there will be A LOT of akward silences (for them, I wouldn't notice that no one's spoken for ten minutes).

Dundee interviewers' were a bit cheeky, they were telling me the differences between their dental school and glasgow's. I didn't even tell them I applied to glasgow. THEY were selling the dental school to ME. Came out of that room smiling though, so it couldn't have been that bad.

Not long until resuts now, we've started to count it down... 7 days!

ReputationRep:
    yeh i know but what can you do, i can't ask to change my condition but i just hope their lenient with it cause they says an A at higher or B at advanced higher, i at least have one of the two haha
    same with chemistry! i totally abandoned business management at the end of the year to focus on chemistry! i bet it will be ironic like i do much better in business the one i didnt study for
    i think i did!! ahhh im getting pure nervous but i just wanna know where i'm going.
    awwh i know what you mean that will the same for me if i do better in physics and business management.
    i know!!!:woo: imagine our first lesson is business in dentistry!!! haha i'd walk out! like i'd love to run my own practice but see if its like higher business i am out of there! one year was more than enough.
    awwh they reject people with 4A's. i really don't agree with dundees system, i think its easier to take people with 5A's cause its a smaller dental school and glasgow deal with a lot more interviews but seriously, is someone with 5A's really going to make a better dentist than someone with 4 or 3A's? definetely not! i hope i don't get my unconditional taken off me after i says that!! i'm not complaining that much! i should make myself more anonymous instead of a pure picture up and that! haha
    he interviewed me! i was lucky cause he was really nice and its good he broke everything down with you and gave you a place cause it was unfair and unlucky what happened to you.
    stay at home! i'm an only child and i'd miss my dog too much! haha i bet i'll be a qualified dentist and still live at home :eek: nah im ko hopefully move out 2nd or 3rd but its so much cheaper to stay at home. what about yourself? are you staying at home in your first year?
    neither do i! well i talk to one all the time who i met of this and shes really nice and you seem really nice so hopefully all the other students are..really nice!! it will be fun though meeting everyone!
    where did you travel too? yeh usually people have the year planned out cause they knew but it was a nice wee break for you, i bet you couldn't wait to get started! :p: haha! i'm like that in work, i have to fill out refund recepits and i actually struggle! i'm sure we'll get loadsa writing doing dentistry in 1st year haha! btw have you had your hep B jags yet? oh and to answer your 1st question, they didnt even show me it!!! my prelim was THAT bad!! like my glasgow interview was the same week so i wanted to better in that but now i have the condtion im like no!!! :P
    haha i think i would die if our first lesson was dentistry bus man! Yeh same I would love to run my own practice, thats kinda why I took bus man cos I thought it would be really useful for if i do but in reality all you do is write notes after notes about the most boring pointless things!

I know, I mean I see why they do it cos it makes things a lot easier for them not having to go through tons of applications. Dundee I think are definately based more on grades whereas glasgow are more work experience and personality based. Which just makes me love glasgow even more! Dundee is a really good dental school though, you must of done really well in you interview to get an unconditional! Even if you are risking it by complaining about them haha :p:

I'm the same stay at home! Do you live close to the uni? My best friends just moved out, shes got this lovely flat in glasgow and it's so handy cos it's so close to everything plus it's great for nights out! Although I would love to move out it makes more sense to stay at home and get the train in or drive in if I pass my test before I go to uni, fingers crossed! It's so expensive having your own flat I couldn't afford it even with job. You planning on keeping your job during uni? I was thinking of maybe doing one shift a week but then our timetable seems pretty hectic 9-5 everyday and then we need to go home and study what we learnt. I wasn't sure if maybe it would be best not to work and use the weekends to do any extra studying and just chill.

I can't wait to start and meet everyone and I'm happy I know you so thats one person i know! Yay! Is the person you meet off here going to Glasgow?
    Yeh I already had mines done so didn't have to do it this year. Have you? I think we still have more blood tests to do, at least i think thats what the fitness to practice is.

I had my interview around prelim time too and done the same as you and only focused on that and ended up failing all my prelims i failed all my prelims at higher too but everything turned out ok so you should be fine! Prelims are meant to be failed! That way it gives you the kick up the bum to study!
    You looking forward to freshers?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, any you had a further correspondance from Glasgow Uni, the last thing I got was regarding health screening and CRB checks? Perhaps I'm jumping the gun if most are waiting for results, maybe only after them the Uni will get in contact?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by denture1)
    Guys, any you had a further correspondance from Glasgow Uni, the last thing I got was regarding health screening and CRB checks? Perhaps I'm jumping the gun if most are waiting for results, maybe only after them the Uni will get in contact?
    I haven't had anything else since that either. Although last year after the Health screening and criminal record checks I also had this form to fill in. It was a few pages and asked things like your height, weight and other general health questions. I haven't had that out this year and I'm not sure if thats because they are leaving it til later or because they still have the one I did last year. I wouldn't worry anyway. Do you have an unconditional from Glasgow?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.