Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Conditional only on passing CRB and Hep b/C which I have passed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by denture1)
    Conditional only on passing CRB and Hep b/C which I have passed.
    Hey just wondering if you had confirmation that you passed your hep b/c? and if so, how long after did it take to hear you had passed it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimee.)
    haha i think i would die if our first lesson was dentistry bus man! Yeh same I would love to run my own practice, thats kinda why I took bus man cos I thought it would be really useful for if i do but in reality all you do is write notes after notes about the most boring pointless things!

I know, I mean I see why they do it cos it makes things a lot easier for them not having to go through tons of applications. Dundee I think are definitely based more on grades whereas glasgow are more work experience and personality based. Which just makes me love glasgow even more! Dundee is a really good dental school though, you must of done really well in you interview to get an unconditional! Even if you are risking it by complaining about them haha :p:

I'm the same stay at home! Do you live close to the uni? My best friends just moved out, shes got this lovely flat in glasgow and it's so handy cos it's so close to everything plus it's great for nights out! Although I would love to move out it makes more sense to stay at home and get the train in or drive in if I pass my test before I go to uni, fingers crossed! It's so expensive having your own flat I couldn't afford it even with job. You planning on keeping your job during uni? I was thinking of maybe doing one shift a week but then our timetable seems pretty hectic 9-5 everyday and then we need to go home and study what we learnt. I wasn't sure if maybe it would be best not to work and use the weekends to do any extra studying and just chill.

I can't wait to start and meet everyone and I'm happy I know you so thats one person i know! Yay! Is the person you meet off here going to Glasgow?
    Yeh I already had mines done so didn't have to do it this year. Have you? I think we still have more blood tests to do, at least i think thats what the fitness to practice is.

I had my interview around prelim time too and done the same as you and only focused on that and ended up failing all my prelims i failed all my prelims at higher too but everything turned out ok so you should be fine! Prelims are meant to be failed! That way it gives you the kick up the bum to study!
    You looking forward to freshers?
    same! i thought business management would be such a useful subject when it came to running my own practice but i think i took cake decorating more seriously! that was by far my favourite subject in 6th year :p: they gave me so much pointless notes in business! all we had to know was in that leckie and leckie book but i still bet i fail it! haha

i hope i done well in my interview, i was shocked at how little they asked me cause they had my personal statement in front of them so i think they made their decisions before they interview people, i was raging though cause i spent ages learning all this dentistry stuff and the only thing they asked me was what is creative cake production? oh im not complaining i mean they were nice to me but they are defo grades based and you do need a personality but dentistry will make you more confident i think anyway. omg i don't think i can get any louder than i am! haha in my work i think people can hear me upstairs in a different department when im downstairs!

yeh i live in east kilbride about half an hour outside town, what about you? like its a train away and then a subway or a one hour bus journey. i bet your happy you have a place to crash when your out :p: like i would like to move out i'm just way too lazy and reliable on my mum, i would feel so lost without her in dundee especially cause I'm an only child! on results day if i didn't get the grade and glasgow where like no, i would feel more bad for my mum than anyone else cause her sister just moved to singapore (how lucky is she!!!) and she was gutted so i don't think she'll be able to cope with me moving away too awwh are you quite close to passing your driving test? btw whats your dentist car? everyone has one!! haha im starting lessons tomorrow, pure nervous! awwh i was working loads in july and it just made me sick of the place like i love working with the public but working in a shop especially a busy one is hard work, at least when we're dentists we have a nice wee seat :rolleyes: what about you? if its just a 4 hour contract i might keep it but i wont be able to work during the week cause your right its like 9-5, at the weekend we'll wanna go out or relax! not do even more work! are you taking out a loan?

yeh shes going to glasgow too! im so nervous though about what people will be like cause dentistry's such a small close knit year! see that health test thing on the 10th of september is that more blood tests? i fecking hate getting jags or blood taken!!! hate needles its okay though, i won't mind jagging other people! :cool: is it like a full on medical like running and that? be honest with me, did the hep B jags hurt? i was going to book them today but nah i'll leave it til they make me! :p:

did you too? that makes me feel a bit better cause you done well, what did you get in your advanced highers? like any results will be an achievement, i kind of had a i have the grades so i'll focus on like other things like volunteering and my job and doing this cross knit thing that took about 3 months to do to show manual dexterity attitude but i regret not being as focused! at least i will have learned a lesson in uni to get stuck into my work and not leave it til the last minute! omg results in 2 days! i feel i deserve a B for the amount of work i put in but i don't really see it happening, i had a dream last night my results got sent out by text and i woke up pure thinking it was the 5th! :eek:

oh i can't wait but i haven't actually starting getting excited cause i don't know where i'm off too! are you yeh? glasgow will be mobbed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shizzo)
    Hey just wondering if you had confirmation that you passed your hep b/c? and if so, how long after did it take to hear you had passed it?
    if they don't get back in touch with you then you've passed it, i was wondering that too cause you'd think they'd send you a wee letter saying you passed it or something but if you've heard nothing then it's all good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yosrush)
    I'm 18 next july, started school a year early :p:. I'm sure there will be younger though - probably some smart arse that left after 5th year. :rolleyes:.

I usually work during the evening to be fair, only done a couple night shifts, so I'm not that bad for it. There are usually enough staff in tesco that you can slip away without anyone else noticing, so always get out on time. Unless you lose time of track. Stay on longer than you should. Unpaid. Always feel so dirty afterwards. :p: I'm not sure I'll get a job for uni, the nearest tesco is around 1.5 miles away from where I'll be staying, and not too keen trying to find a new job in this economic climate :o:. I'll just have to budget a bit better.

West parks is a bit further than the rest, not something that would be easy to walk to day in day out. And i've never been a fan of buses, always come too early/too late, and i'm always stuck in a bus full of 12 year old ned girls talking the biggest ****. I'd rather walk it.

A letting agency is just a firm that rents out properties. Nothing to do with the uni. Got a place around 20mins away from the uni, rent is about £220 a month if I remember right. It's a student house, but most of them are older (3rd/4th year), probably prefer that to be honest. It'll be quieter (i hope!). All students so to aviod council tax.

They better give me an A for bus man, I'd assume they made a mistake if it was anything less. I had to buy my own leckie&leckie book, never used any of the class note, just learned the 100 odd pages in that book. Easy (compared to the likes of biology).

Yeah... gossip girl, one of the many american-tv-dirty-little-secrets I have. Don't go around spreading now. Need to keep my street cred in order. I've never trusted blair, she seems like a Bi*ch, no one is that good a actress. Chuck's english? I was surprised to see the guy from House to speak in english, really good american accents.

I think i'll be the exact opposite dentist - I don't make small talk, there will be A LOT of akward silences (for them, I wouldn't notice that no one's spoken for ten minutes).

Dundee interviewers' were a bit cheeky, they were telling me the differences between their dental school and glasgow's. I didn't even tell them I applied to glasgow. THEY were selling the dental school to ME. Came out of that room smiling though, so it couldn't have been that bad.

Not long until resuts now, we've started to count it down... 7 days!
    your countdown is now like 2 days!!! :O tonight, monday night, tuesday night then bam! i'm so nervous! are you? all my friends that have uncondtionals really just don't care.

why did you start school a year early! omg so you've just turned 17! tecnically the 2 of us should be in the year below! its good though cause we could of took a gap year and still be the same age as people in our year at uni, i just wanna get straight into dentistry though!

yeh im unsure whether to keep mine on, are you not sick of tescos cause you've been doing loadsa shifts there this summer? i'm planning on living off my loan but i'll need to get it changed if i go to dundee. i hate when customers stay in at like 5 past 6 cause we dont get paid any more for staying longer :p:

yeh same! the bus i got to school always drove past me in the morning when it was half empty! :eek: so when it was my exams i got the 8 oclock bus and its like a 10 minute bus journey! and then you'd get stuck in traffic, i like trains though

thats so good, i'll check out halls if i go to dundee but i think my mum and dad would rather me stay in halls cause of the security but if your staying with students thats going to be pretty secure too.

your right witht hat leckie and leckie book! like i had a dream i got a B in it, i had a wee peek at the answers on SQA so i hope i get an A, but i would be gutted if i didnt get a B in chemistry considering i spent like a day studying the whole course of business management and i had a 50% attendance cause i was in the library doing chemistry studying! haha im such a wee geek :p:

gossip girl rocks! :cool: i never catch it on itv2, i always buy the series on dvd like im on episode 16 but have seen the finale! need to catch up. yeh but hes like posh english as well! thats one good american accent :p: don't worry i won't tell anyone about gossip girl, i'm into football, probably most than some guys, i'm an arsenal fan and made my dad get sky sports back to watch them play rangers :woo: like i watch them play every week and if im working i'll watch match of the day! how sad is that!!! :rolleyes:

i'd ratehr be like you, i would get too attached to my patients pure asking how they're doing and that! i'ds ee like 4 patients a day or something cause most of the time i'll be chatting to them! haha

same! they were telling me how much better they are than glasgow, i was like i'm fecking from glasgow!! but i just went along i mean i wanted an offer from them :p: but they have one nice dental school!!! did you see the lcds and that, their equipment is suprior to glasgow but i still liked glasgow better hence its my firm, i felt glasgow had a better canteen and cause i love my food that is a big factor for me! and i like their course better. :p: same i was under the impression we had to sell ourselves (omg that sounds so dirty!) but your totally right they sold it to us. i came out in shock about how quick it was, mine lasted 5 minutes i had to think up a question to make the interview last longer but the dundee interviewers were lovely, its like no messin, in and out.

are you learning to drive soon? i start tomorrow!!

if i don't talk to you before tuesday good luck with your results! im gutted cause i won't do better than i did last year and my certificate will no longer be straight A's thanks to higher physics and AH chemistry and you never know!!!! business managment!!! AHHHH! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisa.Marie)
    your countdown is now like 2 days!!! :O tonight, monday night, tuesday night then bam! i'm so nervous! are you? all my friends that have uncondtionals really just don't care.

why did you start school a year early! omg so you've just turned 17! tecnically the 2 of us should be in the year below! its good though cause we could of took a gap year and still be the same age as people in our year at uni, i just wanna get straight into dentistry though!

yeh im unsure whether to keep mine on, are you not sick of tescos cause you've been doing loadsa shifts there this summer? i'm planning on living off my loan but i'll need to get it changed if i go to dundee. i hate when customers stay in at like 5 past 6 cause we dont get paid any more for staying longer :p:

yeh same! the bus i got to school always drove past me in the morning when it was half empty! :eek: so when it was my exams i got the 8 oclock bus and its like a 10 minute bus journey! and then you'd get stuck in traffic, i like trains though

thats so good, i'll check out halls if i go to dundee but i think my mum and dad would rather me stay in halls cause of the security but if your staying with students thats going to be pretty secure too.

your right witht hat leckie and leckie book! like i had a dream i got a B in it, i had a wee peek at the answers on SQA so i hope i get an A, but i would be gutted if i didnt get a B in chemistry considering i spent like a day studying the whole course of business management and i had a 50% attendance cause i was in the library doing chemistry studying! haha im such a wee geek :p:

gossip girl rocks! :cool: i never catch it on itv2, i always buy the series on dvd like im on episode 16 but have seen the finale! need to catch up. yeh but hes like posh english as well! thats one good american accent :p: don't worry i won't tell anyone about gossip girl, i'm into football, probably most than some guys, i'm an arsenal fan and made my dad get sky sports back to watch them play rangers :woo: like i watch them play every week and if im working i'll watch match of the day! how sad is that!!! :rolleyes:

i'd ratehr be like you, i would get too attached to my patients pure asking how they're doing and that! i'ds ee like 4 patients a day or something cause most of the time i'll be chatting to them! haha

same! they were telling me how much better they are than glasgow, i was like i'm fecking from glasgow!! but i just went along i mean i wanted an offer from them :p: but they have one nice dental school!!! did you see the lcds and that, their equipment is suprior to glasgow but i still liked glasgow better hence its my firm, i felt glasgow had a better canteen and cause i love my food that is a big factor for me! and i like their course better. :p: same i was under the impression we had to sell ourselves (omg that sounds so dirty!) but your totally right they sold it to us. i came out in shock about how quick it was, mine lasted 5 minutes i had to think up a question to make the interview last longer but the dundee interviewers were lovely, its like no messin, in and out.

are you learning to drive soon? i start tomorrow!!

if i don't talk to you before tuesday good luck with your results! im gutted cause i won't do better than i did last year and my certificate will no longer be straight A's thanks to higher physics and AH chemistry and you never know!!!! business managment!!! AHHHH! :p:
    Haha... 2 & 1/2 days, I signed up for e-mail (I think), so should get it early morning. Last year I was sitting at my screen refreshing. With the pressure of my brother and mother right next to me, watching over. Would have been so gutted with if I had gotten a B. I think I was late for my work experience that day. Best day ever (even if that sounds a bit sad :yes:).

I only got my unconditional late march I think, and I had been working (by working; turning up to classes) at my subjects before then. Thought that I may as well take it all the way. I could see how someone could lose motivation if they got their's around december/jan time.

I would have been... four when I started school. Didn't think I had much of a decision to go to school back then. I think my parents entered me early by mistake. The school didn't hold me back a year when they realised, as I was coping with the 'work' (what do you do in primary 2 in school apart from painting and colouring in?!). Wouldn't want to take a gap year just now. These summer holidays have been long enough, lol. No idea what I'd do with a year out completely unstructured.

I only been doing around 11 hours of work a week lately. I think I would be able to cope with doing one or two shifts a week when I start at uni; 1st year isn't meant to be that hard, should easily manage! You know, I thought that I would be sick of tesco, but I've been there so long that everything becomes... easy. It does get boring at times, but they don't work us very hard. Easy money.

My loan and savings should be more than enough to see me through first year, even without a job. But I've applied for a trasnfer to dundee just in case. Apparently jobs are few and far between for students in dundee. Don't want to quit tesco now, only to find that I need the money a couple years down the line. Although... we can get that NHS bursery from second year. Unlikely I'll get a private dental job in the first five years of work anyway! Free £16k...

I like trains... you can never talk to a stranger in a bus, but some of the most interesting conversations I've had were in a train. And it doesn't stop as often :p:

The L & L book was amazing, revised 2 hours with that before our bus man prelim, no other resvision and got 92%. :yes:

Gossip girl is part of the many american tv shows I follow. All part of my dirty little secret (90210, one tree hill, prison break, lost, heroes, grey's anatomy, chuck, to name a few, *shifts eyes*).

Undercover football fan? Can't say I'm the same, but always seem to know scores and player updates. Also catch too much of MotD. My brother's a big football fanatic.

I'm sure you wouldn't want to be like me; I always go for efficeincy, ignoring detail and anything inbetween. I'll end up seeing 30 people a day, 10 minutes for a filling; leaving the patient thinking "wtf just happened?"

With all open days, I find the tours the same. They show you the libraries, the computer rooms. More computer rooms. Extra computer rooms just in case. To be honest, I think I've missed up the interiour of the dental schools of glasgow, newcastle and dundee. The interviews were so close together that all my memories seemed to fuse together.

Selling youself. :rolleyes: That's how I feel with work. They're paying me for my body (ok...stacking shelfs, but same difference).

Won't be learning to drive this year, might leave it til next year. I'll never pass be september, and not too keen on shifting instructors and all that.

I've my fingers crosses for same results as last year. Straight As! But afraid I'll screw up.

ReputationRep:
    if they don't get back in touch with you then you've passed it, i was wondering that too cause you'd think they'd send you a wee letter saying you passed it or something but if you've heard nothing then it's all good
    Phew, was getting a bit worried there! lol, thank you for putting my mind at rest! Good luck with your results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shizzo)
    Phew, was getting a bit worried there! lol, thank you for putting my mind at rest! Good luck with your results!
    no problem, i asked the nurse when the needle was in my arm and shes says she won't get back to me and i'm like what if i fail it though? so we're all good thankfully awwh thank you so much, i'm really nervous! its the day after tomorrow!! can't believe how close it is!! :eek: good luck with your results too if your waiting on anything!

ReputationRep:
    Haha... 2 & 1/2 days, I signed up for e-mail (I think), so should get it early morning. Last year I was sitting at my screen refreshing. With the pressure of my brother and mother right next to me, watching over. Would have been so gutted with if I had gotten a B. I think I was late for my work experience that day. Best day ever (even if that sounds a bit sad :yes:).

I only got my unconditional late march I think, and I had been working (by working; turning up to classes) at my subjects before then. Thought that I may as well take it all the way. I could see how someone could lose motivation if they got their's around december/jan time.

I would have been... four when I started school. Didn't think I had much of a decision to go to school back then. I think my parents entered me early by mistake. The school didn't hold me back a year when they realised, as I was coping with the 'work' (what do you do in primary 2 in school apart from painting and colouring in?!). Wouldn't want to take a gap year just now. These summer holidays have been long enough, lol. No idea what I'd do with a year out completely unstructured.

I only been doing around 11 hours of work a week lately. I think I would be able to cope with doing one or two shifts a week when I start at uni; 1st year isn't meant to be that hard, should easily manage! You know, I thought that I would be sick of tesco, but I've been there so long that everything becomes... easy. It does get boring at times, but they don't work us very hard. Easy money.

My loan and savings should be more than enough to see me through first year, even without a job. But I've applied for a trasnfer to dundee just in case. Apparently jobs are few and far between for students in dundee. Don't want to quit tesco now, only to find that I need the money a couple years down the line. Although... we can get that NHS bursery from second year. Unlikely I'll get a private dental job in the first five years of work anyway! Free £16k...

I like trains... you can never talk to a stranger in a bus, but some of the most interesting conversations I've had were in a train. And it doesn't stop as often :p:

The L & L book was amazing, revised 2 hours with that before our bus man prelim, no other resvision and got 92%. :yes:

Gossip girl is part of the many american tv shows I follow. All part of my dirty little secret (90210, one tree hill, prison break, lost, heroes, grey's anatomy, chuck, to name a few, *shifts eyes*).

Undercover football fan? Can't say I'm the same, but always seem to know scores and player updates. Also catch too much of MotD. My brother's a big football fanatic.

I'm sure you wouldn't want to be like me; I always go for efficeincy, ignoring detail and anything inbetween. I'll end up seeing 30 people a day, 10 minutes for a filling; leaving the patient thinking "wtf just happened?"

With all open days, I find the tours the same. They show you the libraries, the computer rooms. More computer rooms. Extra computer rooms just in case. To be honest, I think I've missed up the interiour of the dental schools of glasgow, newcastle and dundee. The interviews were so close together that all my memories seemed to fuse together.

Selling youself. :rolleyes: That's how I feel with work. They're paying me for my body (ok...stacking shelfs, but same difference).

Won't be learning to drive this year, might leave it til next year. I'll never pass be september, and not too keen on shifting instructors and all that.

I've my fingers crosses for same results as last year. Straight As! But afraid I'll screw up.
    have you got an older brother? i'd be so nervous cause then you have something to beat :p: i mind last year i got mine by text and my mum and dad left the room, they couldn't bear it cause i wanted 5A's so badly :p: that's good you get them by e-mail, i'm too impatient for the post! i'm working on results day so i hope it's all good otherwise i will be in a bad mood all day :rolleyes: nah that was a highlight for me too cause honestly i was expecting less so it was a nice surprise and it meant we could apply do dentistry this year will be **** for me!! haha once you get straight A's a B or C ruins it for you! :p:

late march? i heard the 10th of march cause my newcastle interview i withdrew was for the 11th. i was so relieved i was at least doing dentistry, glasgow got back to everyone early to, like im sure it was only a few weeks after dundee. The problem with me in 6th year was i absolutely hated my subjects! business and physics and AH chemistry took it a bit far too the only one i loved was cake dec. so that's why i lost motivation, in 5th year (omg just to warn you how sad what i'm about to say) i absolutely loved chemistry, biology and geography! i loved going to they classes like i was actually excited, even in the final exams i was sitting there quite happy :cool: but i hated my subjects in 6th year so didn't really enjoy it as much.

i started when i was 4 and a half so you would have just turned four when you started :p: awwh i'm sure you coped the best with all the colouring in even though you were the youngest, i was such a wee terror in primary! i probably only started working properly in 4th year. like all my primary teachers thought i would amount to absolutely nothing so i really hope i get them as my patients to show them! hahaha! :p: see most people i know who's bdays are in july have turned 18 but its an advantage being young except for when your going out, you know whats scary, when we qualify we're only going to be 22! ha you will of just turned 22! you may be thee youngest dentist ever! there's a dentist on embarrassing bodies whos a cosmetic dentist and hes only 26! like hes the youngest cosmetic one in britain but you could beat him if you ever go into that field :p:

i done 30 one week and this week like 27 so its a lot but my mum and dad both lost their jobs at the same time (gutter!) so i wanna be able to pay all my driving and stuff by myself cause its unfair taking money of them. next is hard work, its always mobbed that's why, when i work in mens its a wee nice and quiet relaxing day unless its a Saturday but ladieswear can get mad so it will be good when I'm a dentist cause i can cope under stress :p: i know but we wanna enjoy our first year and its like 9-5 so at the weekend the last thing we'll want is more work :woo:

dundee is full of students so that would be the case cause everyone will be looking for part time work! its good you asked for a transfer cause you have a better chance as you wont need training and stuff. yeh your right its much more realistic to build up experience, i wanna do a mix of private and nhs, what about you? i'd love to work in a deprived area of glasgow

i don't talk to random people on trains! you better watch they don't try and kidnap you! :p:

i got 74% int he prelim so i was like i better get over that 80% barrier and get myself an A. had a peek at physics and if i'm right, i got 73% so that's a B. wish i didn't take physics i did not enjoy it. :p: i'm chuffed with that crashing physics is so hard, i still don't understand anything and my teacher didn't like me cause i missed her class like to go to dentistry interviews! wtf is more important here! haha :p: she didn't even say well done when i got an unconditional for dundee, i hated stuck up teachers!!

oh i love all they shows!!! aw i wish we were in the same halls if i went to dundee, we could watch they shows together cause i think most other people hate them! don't watch chuck, did you mention desperate housewives? you should get into the hills :cool:

at least you'll get the job done, i would get the job done quicker if i didn't talk so much!! even on the tills i always start up a conversation when there's like a massive que! ha you mean like super speed dentistry!

was newcastle good? i didn't go to my interview for that but i wish i did, it looks amazing its just i'd choose dundee over newcaslte cause we'd have to pay for the course and dundees closer. plus they're team got relegated so the place must be quite down the now they're conditionals for scottish students are harsh like AA advanced highers.

yeh just think off the money! :p: like if we would get a lot more if we properly sold our bodies than tesco and next wages! haha

awwh i started driving today, its amazing! i went up on the kerb a few times but i love it, im trying to persude my dad to take me out in his jeep but hes having none of it! you should start and get someone in dundee like after uni or something.

good luck for the day after tomorrow, the last message i was like if i don't talk to you before, but who am i kidding, we're on this thing all the time! haha you'll get straight A's. i want AABB, thats what we needed for glasgow in 5th year, how ironic! :rolleyes: i'm so nervous though!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    have you got an older brother? i'd be so nervous cause then you have something to beat :p: i mind last year i got mine by text and my mum and dad left the room, they couldn't bear it cause i wanted 5A's so badly :p: that's good you get them by e-mail, i'm too impatient for the post! i'm working on results day so i hope it's all good otherwise i will be in a bad mood all day :rolleyes: nah that was a highlight for me too cause honestly i was expecting less so it was a nice surprise and it meant we could apply do dentistry this year will be **** for me!! haha once you get straight A's a B or C ruins it for you! :p:

late march? i heard the 10th of march cause my newcastle interview i withdrew was for the 11th. i was so relieved i was at least doing dentistry, glasgow got back to everyone early to, like im sure it was only a few weeks after dundee. The problem with me in 6th year was i absolutely hated my subjects! business and physics and AH chemistry took it a bit far too the only one i loved was cake dec. so that's why i lost motivation, in 5th year (omg just to warn you how sad what i'm about to say) i absolutely loved chemistry, biology and geography! i loved going to they classes like i was actually excited, even in the final exams i was sitting there quite happy :cool: but i hated my subjects in 6th year so didn't really enjoy it as much.

i started when i was 4 and a half so you would have just turned four when you started :p: awwh i'm sure you coped the best with all the colouring in even though you were the youngest, i was such a wee terror in primary! i probably only started working properly in 4th year. like all my primary teachers thought i would amount to absolutely nothing so i really hope i get them as my patients to show them! hahaha! :p: see most people i know who's bdays are in july have turned 18 but its an advantage being young except for when your going out, you know whats scary, when we qualify we're only going to be 22! ha you will of just turned 22! you may be thee youngest dentist ever! there's a dentist on embarrassing bodies whos a cosmetic dentist and hes only 26! like hes the youngest cosmetic one in britain but you could beat him if you ever go into that field :p:

i done 30 one week and this week like 27 so its a lot but my mum and dad both lost their jobs at the same time (gutter!) so i wanna be able to pay all my driving and stuff by myself cause its unfair taking money of them. next is hard work, its always mobbed that's why, when i work in mens its a wee nice and quiet relaxing day unless its a Saturday but ladieswear can get mad so it will be good when I'm a dentist cause i can cope under stress :p: i know but we wanna enjoy our first year and its like 9-5 so at the weekend the last thing we'll want is more work :woo:

dundee is full of students so that would be the case cause everyone will be looking for part time work! its good you asked for a transfer cause you have a better chance as you wont need training and stuff. yeh your right its much more realistic to build up experience, i wanna do a mix of private and nhs, what about you? i'd love to work in a deprived area of glasgow

i don't talk to random people on trains! you better watch they don't try and kidnap you! :p:

i got 74% int he prelim so i was like i better get over that 80% barrier and get myself an A. had a peek at physics and if i'm right, i got 73% so that's a B. wish i didn't take physics i did not enjoy it. :p: i'm chuffed with that crashing physics is so hard, i still don't understand anything and my teacher didn't like me cause i missed her class like to go to dentistry interviews! wtf is more important here! haha :p: she didn't even say well done when i got an unconditional for dundee, i hated stuck up teachers!!

oh i love all they shows!!! aw i wish we were in the same halls if i went to dundee, we could watch they shows together cause i think most other people hate them! don't watch chuck, did you mention desperate housewives? you should get into the hills :cool:

at least you'll get the job done, i would get the job done quicker if i didn't talk so much!! even on the tills i always start up a conversation when there's like a massive que! ha you mean like super speed dentistry!

was newcastle good? i didn't go to my interview for that but i wish i did, it looks amazing its just i'd choose dundee over newcaslte cause we'd have to pay for the course and dundees closer. plus they're team got relegated so the place must be quite down the now they're conditionals for scottish students are harsh like AA advanced highers.

yeh just think off the money! :p: like if we would get a lot more if we properly sold our bodies than tesco and next wages! haha

awwh i started driving today, its amazing! i went up on the kerb a few times but i love it, im trying to persude my dad to take me out in his jeep but hes having none of it! you should start and get someone in dundee like after uni or something.

good luck for the day after tomorrow, the last message i was like if i don't talk to you before, but who am i kidding, we're on this thing all the time! haha you'll get straight A's. i want AABB, thats what we needed for glasgow in 5th year, how ironic! :rolleyes: i'm so nervous though!! :p:

Yeah, I've an older brother, he's studying pharmacy at the moment. Wasn't too bothered at having something to live up to; he practially taught me maths and chemistry; I was almost like his investment! I would never want it by text... read it without seeing who it's from, and getting your results when you really aren't expecting it. Surprises are fun and all... just not like that. I just don't want to spoil the record, having a B is by no means bad, but when it's bunched up with a handful of As, it sticks out.

I think it was late march anyway... may have been mid march, I'm always mixing memories up :/ I'd check track just to be sure, but I've forgotten my username and password XD.

6th year was a bit disappointing, bus man was boring. It was piss easy, but the writing... Every made-up answer that I wrote down seemed to be right. Shouldn't count as a higher. :p:
    Chemistry was fun, all I remember were the experiments and nitrous oxide 'discussions' :rolleyes:
    Never liked biology though, hard to work out what you needed to know and what was told to you 'out of interest', and I spent far too long on my investigation - ended up with a 10,000 word, 45 page booklet.
    Cake dec seemed so much fun; it was timetabled at the same time as biology and I always thought "I could be baking a cake instead of cutting up the insides of a rat." Yeah... I can bake *shifts eyes*

I loved 5th year too, I got to relax a little, the classes were better. Didn't share the same love for higher chem as yourself, but I did look forward to computing - I could do it in my sleep :yes:. But higher chemistry... hardest higher I did in 5th year by far... didn't understand any of the concepts, nothing made sense, ended up memorising anything which I didn't "get".

Was it higher physics you took? The final exam last year had far too many 'explain the effect of...' questions, threw a few people off. If you didn't know the course inside out, would have been hard. I don't remember doing much work in class, I guess it depends on your teacher.

I was really quiet and 'hard working' in primary school. In fact I was never a slacker until the start of 5th year, when stuff actually mattered; ironic, eh? I've become an expert at looking busy when in reality I'm doing jack all. Does seem freaky that we'll be qualified at 22 (that's assuming we don't fail any years :p:), to think that in america you can only get into dentistry as a graduate, so they'd be around... 26/27 when they finish studying!

I think I was doing around 30 hours for around 5 weeks before I went off the rails.:yes: It's not easy on the mind. Sorry about your parents losing their jobs, what field were they working in? Nobody's really got job security anymore :/ The economy is meant to be getting better in the uk, so hopefully it won't be long until it's back to normal. I'm trying to just live off my loan in 1st year without asking my parents for help; i've worked out that it should be possible, even if I do a few unplanned shopping sprees.:p:

I always run to the mens section of clothes stores when I'm out to avoid bumping into 50 women with more shopping than they can carry. It's always so quiet in that section, men shop very differently. See something you like; buy it. Women ponder though, how can it take days to decide whether to buy a pair of jeans or not?! Hate it when I get lost in clothes shops though; it's not like getting lost in a supermarket. If you're circling the womens underwear section, desperately looking for the exit, everyone gives you funny looks...:rolleyes:

Train talking is the best! Listening to your mp3 player for a five hour journey, when the person opposite is doing the same gets a bit boring after a while. I'm not sure kidnapping really applies if you can out muscle the other guy anyway :p: (it's not like the first thing I think is "can I take him?" when I see a stranger). However, If I was followed by a few rough looking guys late at night, wouldn't put abduction out the window. Amazing how we've completely turned this thread so far from "off topic" that I've forgotten what it's originally about. What it's like as a glasgow dental student, was it?

Most people that crashed physics found it a bit harder. I think it's one of the few highers that doing the standard grade helps. I liked physics when I started to understand it :yes: (which was around a month before the exam!).

My english teacher made a few comments at the number of days off I took (all in good heart though). As I went to a lot of open days, interviews, trips, etc. Most of the other 6th years in that class went to a local open day (RGU) that I didn't. My teacher said he was surpised to see me still in the class, his words were "I thought you'd be out in a dash, going 'free pens!'"

Ha, you're going to glasgow! Don't get my hopes up for a one tree hill marathon :o: (although I didn't really get into the earlier 'high school' seasons, prefered it when they were 'grown up'). I'd say chuck is the best out of them; it's genuinely funny. I think I've seen an episode or two of the hills, can't say I loved it. It felt too scripted, which would have been fine apart from the fact that they've set it up in a 'reality show' style. I haven't followed desperate housewifes that much (always seems to be on during study leave and exams), but I did see the latest series on E4... where Carlos's niece comes to live with them and she's proper evil O.O

I'd want to go fully private eventually. Haven't given it much thought though, that's around 10 years away! But private seems better, you wouldn't have to break your back for NHS rules and regulations. "i'd love to work in a deprived area of glasgow" Highlight of your post, lol. Braver than me, send me somewhere where everyone already has perfect teeth and isn't carrying a knife (Joking, obviously, just feel the need to say of course not everyone in glasgow has a knife on them, sorry. Just don't stab me:o:. I think dundee's actually worse for crime anyway :yes: Best to carry a weapon for safety).

Newcastle was ok, everyone's really friendly, the dental school has lcd screens and stuff around the dummies so you can see what the lecturer is doing, the city is pretty big too, got lost a few times :yes:. Found my way around eventually. Newcastle was also put down as my 'backup' plan, wasn't too keen on paying 3k a year for tuition and it's a 5 hour train journey from aberdeen, so travelling home would be a bit more difficult than a one hour journey to dundee.

Not sure I'd get that much from selling my body, how often do you hear of male prostitutes? Would probably make less than I do now in tesco. Or did you mean like drug testing in labs and stuff? I can see how the previous comment seems a bit inappropriate now.

I think I might leave driving until I can afford to get a car at the end of it, wouldn't want to learn now, pass eventually, not get a car, forget how to drive, learn again. But I've heard it's like cycling, in the sense that you never really forget how to do it.

I am on TSR more than I'd like to be lately, but what is there to do 2 months into summer?! You should probably ignore the knife and 'selling youself' comments, but other than that, good luck with tomorrow! Not even a whole day left. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Hey- is anyone in this forum heading to glasgow for dentistry this year? or even doing dentistry? when officially are we meant to go over there- to get sorted with halls? and what are the health checks they are doing- so confused!!!! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bella691)
    Hey- is anyone in this forum heading to glasgow for dentistry this year? or even doing dentistry? when officially are we meant to go over there- to get sorted with halls? and what are the health checks they are doing- so confused!!!! xxx
    Not going to glasgow, but for dundee, they sent a letter to tell us what health jabs, etc to get and where to get them. We got another letter that told us when freshers' is/when we start. Halls I had to apply online, it wasn't easy to find either!

ReputationRep:
    no problem, i asked the nurse when the needle was in my arm and shes says she won't get back to me and i'm like what if i fail it though? so we're all good thankfully awwh thank you so much, i'm really nervous! its the day after tomorrow!! can't believe how close it is!! :eek: good luck with your results too if your waiting on anything!
    GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, yes I am. When you reach your offer you get an e-mail about halls and sort it all out then. Haven't heard anything about health checks yet, and yeah i'm wondering whats gunna happen then!

I'm guessing your gunna be living in halls next year so i was just wondering are you gunna be applying for early accom because health checks are starting from the 10th and I think halls actually open on the 11th or 12th!

ReputationRep:
    same! i thought business management would be such a useful subject when it came to running my own practice but i think i took cake decorating more seriously! that was by far my favourite subject in 6th year :p: they gave me so much pointless notes in business! all we had to know was in that leckie and leckie book but i still bet i fail it! haha

i hope i done well in my interview, i was shocked at how little they asked me cause they had my personal statement in front of them so i think they made their decisions before they interview people, i was raging though cause i spent ages learning all this dentistry stuff and the only thing they asked me was what is creative cake production? oh im not complaining i mean they were nice to me but they are defo grades based and you do need a personality but dentistry will make you more confident i think anyway. omg i don't think i can get any louder than i am! haha in my work i think people can hear me upstairs in a different department when im downstairs!

yeh i live in east kilbride about half an hour outside town, what about you? like its a train away and then a subway or a one hour bus journey. i bet your happy you have a place to crash when your out :p: like i would like to move out i'm just way too lazy and reliable on my mum, i would feel so lost without her in dundee especially cause I'm an only child! on results day if i didn't get the grade and glasgow where like no, i would feel more bad for my mum than anyone else cause her sister just moved to singapore (how lucky is she!!!) and she was gutted so i don't think she'll be able to cope with me moving away too awwh are you quite close to passing your driving test? btw whats your dentist car? everyone has one!! haha im starting lessons tomorrow, pure nervous! awwh i was working loads in july and it just made me sick of the place like i love working with the public but working in a shop especially a busy one is hard work, at least when we're dentists we have a nice wee seat :rolleyes: what about you? if its just a 4 hour contract i might keep it but i wont be able to work during the week cause your right its like 9-5, at the weekend we'll wanna go out or relax! not do even more work! are you taking out a loan?

yeh shes going to glasgow too! im so nervous though about what people will be like cause dentistry's such a small close knit year! see that health test thing on the 10th of september is that more blood tests? i fecking hate getting jags or blood taken!!! hate needles its okay though, i won't mind jagging other people! :cool: is it like a full on medical like running and that? be honest with me, did the hep B jags hurt? i was going to book them today but nah i'll leave it til they make me! :p:

did you too? that makes me feel a bit better cause you done well, what did you get in your advanced highers? like any results will be an achievement, i kind of had a i have the grades so i'll focus on like other things like volunteering and my job and doing this cross knit thing that took about 3 months to do to show manual dexterity attitude but i regret not being as focused! at least i will have learned a lesson in uni to get stuck into my work and not leave it til the last minute! omg results in 2 days! i feel i deserve a B for the amount of work i put in but i don't really see it happening, i had a dream last night my results got sent out by text and i woke up pure thinking it was the 5th! :eek:

oh i can't wait but i haven't actually starting getting excited cause i don't know where i'm off too! are you yeh? glasgow will be mobbed!
    aww we didn't have cake decorating at our school I would have loved that I love cakes!

You must have done really well in your interview! I did the exact same thing learning all the dentistry things and didn't get asked which was gutting cos I wanted to impress them with all my googled dental knowledge! I've forgot it all now though!

I live just outside uddingston where glasgow zoo used to be. It's about a half hour train journey but I think I'm gonna have to leave pretty early to get there on time which I'm not looking forward to! I'm the same I'd be lost without my mum, dad and we sis cos I'm really close to them. That's a shame for your mum is her sis moving there forever?

How'd your lesson go? Yeh I'm kinda close to my test I've been taken lessons since the end of last year. I'm not that great tho I'm def not a natural! I have a wee car tho which I've been practising in lately although I'm not insured in it so I really shouldn't be driving it haha, oh well!

I've worked tons this past year I wanna start taking it easy. I think working with the public can be a nightmare at times! Most of the time it's good though. I think I'll just do the one short shift a week maybe on a wed cos we finish ealy that day. Just so I have enough money to do me for going out.

I don't think I'll get one. I think I've saved enough money from working to tide me over for a while. Are you?

I love the fact that it's close knit, that way we'll get to know everyone. I hate getting blood taken too, my friends diabetic and she let me practise injecting her insulin for practise for when I'm a dentist haha. I don't know I think it's just bloods. Although when I imagine it in my head I think of someone on a treadmill with all the wires on their chest like in films haha. I got them when I was a baby, which I'm so grateful for now! My friends who got them for medicine thought they were not too bad i think so you should be fine.

I did really bad in 6th year. I dropped adv chem at around april which I regret now cos i think I could have passed. Got a D for adv bio cos I didn't turn up to class half the time and didn't study. I kinda mucked up 6th year I was so stressed about uni, didn't think I was gonna get in. I did so much volunteering and was in practically every committee at school so it would look good on my PS. I missed a lot fos chool for W/E. I regret it now cos I didn't study til last minute. I'm so bad with studying though. I plan to turn over a new leaf at uni and study most days instead of cramming the last few weeks before exams! You sound like you worked really hard so I'm sure you'll do really well. I bought a cross-stich magazine but I was useless! Did you take your cross-stich pieces to the interview? I did pottery which was fun!

Good luck for tomorrow!!!! I have my fingers crossed for you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey yeh i am! I know health checks start 10th I think someones already said that tho. Where you moving from? I'm staying at home so don't know about halls. You got an uncondional?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've an older brother, he's studying pharmacy at the moment. Wasn't too bothered at having something to live up to; he practially taught me maths and chemistry; I was almost like his investment! I would never want it by text... read it without seeing who it's from, and getting your results when you really aren't expecting it. Surprises are fun and all... just not like that. I just don't want to spoil the record, having a B is by no means bad, but when it's bunched up with a handful of As, it sticks out.

I think it was late march anyway... may have been mid march, I'm always mixing memories up :/ I'd check track just to be sure, but I've forgotten my username and password XD.

6th year was a bit disappointing, bus man was boring. It was piss easy, but the writing... Every made-up answer that I wrote down seemed to be right. Shouldn't count as a higher. :p:
    Chemistry was fun, all I remember were the experiments and nitrous oxide 'discussions' :rolleyes:
    Never liked biology though, hard to work out what you needed to know and what was told to you 'out of interest', and I spent far too long on my investigation - ended up with a 10,000 word, 45 page booklet.
    Cake dec seemed so much fun; it was timetabled at the same time as biology and I always thought "I could be baking a cake instead of cutting up the insides of a rat." Yeah... I can bake *shifts eyes*

I loved 5th year too, I got to relax a little, the classes were better. Didn't share the same love for higher chem as yourself, but I did look forward to computing - I could do it in my sleep :yes:. But higher chemistry... hardest higher I did in 5th year by far... didn't understand any of the concepts, nothing made sense, ended up memorising anything which I didn't "get".

Was it higher physics you took? The final exam last year had far too many 'explain the effect of...' questions, threw a few people off. If you didn't know the course inside out, would have been hard. I don't remember doing much work in class, I guess it depends on your teacher.

I was really quiet and 'hard working' in primary school. In fact I was never a slacker until the start of 5th year, when stuff actually mattered; ironic, eh? I've become an expert at looking busy when in reality I'm doing jack all. Does seem freaky that we'll be qualified at 22 (that's assuming we don't fail any years :p:), to think that in america you can only get into dentistry as a graduate, so they'd be around... 26/27 when they finish studying!

I think I was doing around 30 hours for around 5 weeks before I went off the rails.:yes: It's not easy on the mind. Sorry about your parents losing their jobs, what field were they working in? Nobody's really got job security anymore :/ The economy is meant to be getting better in the uk, so hopefully it won't be long until it's back to normal. I'm trying to just live off my loan in 1st year without asking my parents for help; i've worked out that it should be possible, even if I do a few unplanned shopping sprees.:p:

I always run to the mens section of clothes stores when I'm out to avoid bumping into 50 women with more shopping than they can carry. It's always so quiet in that section, men shop very differently. See something you like; buy it. Women ponder though, how can it take days to decide whether to buy a pair of jeans or not?! Hate it when I get lost in clothes shops though; it's not like getting lost in a supermarket. If you're circling the womens underwear section, desperately looking for the exit, everyone gives you funny looks...:rolleyes:

Train talking is the best! Listening to your mp3 player for a five hour journey, when the person opposite is doing the same gets a bit boring after a while. I'm not sure kidnapping really applies if you can out muscle the other guy anyway :p: (it's not like the first thing I think is "can I take him?" when I see a stranger). However, If I was followed by a few rough looking guys late at night, wouldn't put abduction out the window. Amazing how we've completely turned this thread so far from "off topic" that I've forgotten what it's originally about. What it's like as a glasgow dental student, was it?

Most people that crashed physics found it a bit harder. I think it's one of the few highers that doing the standard grade helps. I liked physics when I started to understand it :yes: (which was around a month before the exam!).

My english teacher made a few comments at the number of days off I took (all in good heart though). As I went to a lot of open days, interviews, trips, etc. Most of the other 6th years in that class went to a local open day (RGU) that I didn't. My teacher said he was surpised to see me still in the class, his words were "I thought you'd be out in a dash, going 'free pens!'"

Ha, you're going to glasgow! Don't get my hopes up for a one tree hill marathon :o: (although I didn't really get into the earlier 'high school' seasons, prefered it when they were 'grown up'). I'd say chuck is the best out of them; it's genuinely funny. I think I've seen an episode or two of the hills, can't say I loved it. It felt too scripted, which would have been fine apart from the fact that they've set it up in a 'reality show' style. I haven't followed desperate housewifes that much (always seems to be on during study leave and exams), but I did see the latest series on E4... where Carlos's niece comes to live with them and she's proper evil O.O

I'd want to go fully private eventually. Haven't given it much thought though, that's around 10 years away! But private seems better, you wouldn't have to break your back for NHS rules and regulations. "i'd love to work in a deprived area of glasgow" Highlight of your post, lol. Braver than me, send me somewhere where everyone already has perfect teeth and isn't carrying a knife (Joking, obviously, just feel the need to say of course not everyone in glasgow has a knife on them, sorry. Just don't stab me:o:. I think dundee's actually worse for crime anyway :yes: Best to carry a weapon for safety).

Newcastle was ok, everyone's really friendly, the dental school has lcd screens and stuff around the dummies so you can see what the lecturer is doing, the city is pretty big too, got lost a few times :yes:. Found my way around eventually. Newcastle was also put down as my 'backup' plan, wasn't too keen on paying 3k a year for tuition and it's a 5 hour train journey from aberdeen, so travelling home would be a bit more difficult than a one hour journey to dundee.

Not sure I'd get that much from selling my body, how often do you hear of male prostitutes? Would probably make less than I do now in tesco. Or did you mean like drug testing in labs and stuff? I can see how the previous comment seems a bit inappropriate now.

I think I might leave driving until I can afford to get a car at the end of it, wouldn't want to learn now, pass eventually, not get a car, forget how to drive, learn again. But I've heard it's like cycling, in the sense that you never really forget how to do it.

I am on TSR more than I'd like to be lately, but what is there to do 2 months into summer?! You should probably ignore the knife and 'selling youself' comments, but other than that, good luck with tomorrow! Not even a whole day left. :yes:
    oh that would be very useful then! like help with your homework! my dad helped me with physics (he just retrained as a teacher but it helped him too cause he was learning the way we learn it too) and he could manage standard grade maths with me but not higher! he has a higher maths and always goes on about how exams are getting so much easier! haha :p: i suppose, like i think a B or a C is amazing and no doubt i shall be getting my first of them tomorrow if i haven't failed anything! but its just when everything else is A's. awk these exams are absolutely nothing, its our BDS which will actually count for something

you don't need to check at all :p: your done with track and have your place! :cool: you think you can still log in when your at uni or will it be gone?

nah chemistry at advanced higher was so bad, it wasn't even chemistry it was just plain mean!!! but I'm glad i sat the final exam, just hope its enough to get into glasgow! :p: was there not a limit on the number of words, a guy in my class done a 40000 word one and had to cut it down to 2500! you can bake? cool, i still cant bake, we had an amazing teacher who basically spoon fed us how to bake the cakes which was good cause if she didn't help us then we would of burned the school down! and her daughters done dentistry so made sure my cakes were good enough to show the interview panel, well the best that i could possibly do! haha my wee turtle i made in my final exam was good though i wish i done AH biology and i know what you mean, like biology higher, i studied all the wrong stuff that didn't come up, there's so much of it.

nah i thought chemistry was okay at higher, AH took the piss a bit though! that i could not handle!! but i think its cause i enjoyed higher so wanted to learn and get better, i found english the hardest cause i'm a maths person! :p: did you think english was harder than higher chemistry?

yeh i crashed it and like my teacher was good, i just think that i would of learned better with another teacher, like she moved too fast and me and the other person crashing didn't have a clue cause she didn't take into account we have no physics knowledge, still i think at the end of the day its up to you how well you do and i have no excuses but if you have an amazing teacher it can definetely make the difference! especially if your struggling.

well its safe to say you can crash business without doing it at SG!! i wonder what that would be like :p:

slacker in 5th year? yeh cause AAAAA is so slacking isn't it? haha!
    i wanted to be a dentist since first year! seriously i asked my science teacher where you have to go to do it :p: it was that or primary teaching but i done my 4th year work experience as a primary teacher
    and got harrased of these wee guys! i was like i am not putting myself through this every day! i just wouldn't get taken seriously like they followed me home and came in for me!!! how mortifying! and then wrote me these dirty valentines cards :eek: how embarrassing is that! they were ******* 10!!!!!!!!!! and the girls who were like 7 were like what mascara do you use, and like can i use your make up, so yeh im a very bad influence!! i just said i wasn't wearing any, i became more a friend than a teacher so that's a huge problem. so yeh that's when it was defo dentistry and i read a book in 3rd year looking at entry requirements but it was a general one and it said AAAAA in one sitting i was like omg! i better work hard to get this! :woo: have you always wanted to do dentistry?

oh i didn't think of that, if we pass which we better then 22! its ridiculous in America! you should be allowed study dentistry and medicine younger, i think when your 17/18 your pretty mature anyway.

yes it was a glasgow dentistry thread but yet again there's loadsa dentistry in it :p: this post is saying how we originally wanted to do dentistry! i'd feel weird if a stranger was talking to me, unless they were very hot or something, even then i'd be like wtf.

i totally agree with you, it's so much simpler working in the mens department at work cause guys don't care!! they're not going to ask for a different size or colour! girls are such complicated shoppers but we have really good customer service so would always help even if it means going out your way to help it's so funny when you see a women dragging her husband about mens trying to pick him clothes, i feel sorry for them!! haha and girls always take the hangers but guys are like nah your okay, thats because their clothes stay on the floor! :p: i'm messy too! i nearly fainted at the tills cause a customer took £250 back of kids clothes back of sale stuff! there was like 40 items! took 50 mintues to do the transaction! :eek: :eek: :eek: i love shopping, i should go shopping tomorrow to cheer myself up! i'm working tomorrow are you? i think people are about to hit me though in there cause all i do is go on about these results! is hould just not open my mouth at all tomorrow :p:

how come you didnt go? and i had 40% attendance for business so she cant complain that much :p: but i suppose english was really hard to catch up on.

i do wanna go to glasgow but i know fine well i might be going to dundee so i've set myself up for being positve whatever happens, its just been such a tough year for everyone really with uni stresses that i would like to end this whole application experience on a high one, like i had no confidence in my academic ability in 6th year even after coming off from getting 5A's so it was a personal struggle for me to actually believe i can pass these exams, cause none of the teachers did, like only one chemistry teacher out the 3 says i have a chance of passing! :eek: fingers crossed i have

yeh the hills is totally scripted! omg did you watch one tree hill last night! it was a horror movie!!! i kept jumping! glad that nanny has gone now, yeh i prefer the later years too. desperate housewives is amazing! like its so funny so you should watch the whole thing :p:

aye cause your going to attack your own dentist, it probably is more likely to be the other way about lmao! nah i love glasgow though and we have a bad rep for teeth so being able to help that and help wee children to look after their teeth eevn though their circumstances like money and education are against them would really make me happy.

awwh dont worry, my mum and dad are int heir 50s and my mum got made redundant which i really think she should use a bit to buy me a car but hey! she was a civil servant. haha and my dad got made redundant a few years ago from motorola, i think he was an electronic engineer and retrained as a physics teacher, done his probabtion year and is now looking for a job but theres like none, teachers so bad to get into the now. he might have to move to aberdeen but theres so many more people in a much worse situation! honestly everyones losing their jobs! its so awful :eek: thats why i took the loan out so i wouldnt be a burden on them, more than i already am haha

nah i watched a programme on male escorts, apartently high earning women use them, i hope i dont ever have to resort to that!! :p: nah i meant the dirtier one! how did we even start talking about that one? lol

i loved TRS for dentistry stuff cause none of my close friends were doing it and had no one to talk to about it as sad as that sounds! but now its like you says, too much free time!

omg i am really going for it on this thread tonight! look how long my post is :eek: i think its nerves!! its like a disortation!!

GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimee.)
    aww we didn't have cake decorating at our school I would have loved that I love cakes!

You must have done really well in your interview! I did the exact same thing learning all the dentistry things and didn't get asked which was gutting cos I wanted to impress them with all my googled dental knowledge! I've forgot it all now though!

I live just outside uddingston where glasgow zoo used to be. It's about a half hour train journey but I think I'm gonna have to leave pretty early to get there on time which I'm not looking forward to! I'm the same I'd be lost without my mum, dad and we sis cos I'm really close to them. That's a shame for your mum is her sis moving there forever?

How'd your lesson go? Yeh I'm kinda close to my test I've been taken lessons since the end of last year. I'm not that great tho I'm def not a natural! I have a wee car tho which I've been practising in lately although I'm not insured in it so I really shouldn't be driving it haha, oh well!

I've worked tons this past year I wanna start taking it easy. I think working with the public can be a nightmare at times! Most of the time it's good though. I think I'll just do the one short shift a week maybe on a wed cos we finish ealy that day. Just so I have enough money to do me for going out.

I don't think I'll get one. I think I've saved enough money from working to tide me over for a while. Are you?

I love the fact that it's close knit, that way we'll get to know everyone. I hate getting blood taken too, my friends diabetic and she let me practise injecting her insulin for practise for when I'm a dentist haha. I don't know I think it's just bloods. Although when I imagine it in my head I think of someone on a treadmill with all the wires on their chest like in films haha. I got them when I was a baby, which I'm so grateful for now! My friends who got them for medicine thought they were not too bad i think so you should be fine.

I did really bad in 6th year. I dropped adv chem at around april which I regret now cos i think I could have passed. Got a D for adv bio cos I didn't turn up to class half the time and didn't study. I kinda mucked up 6th year I was so stressed about uni, didn't think I was gonna get in. I did so much volunteering and was in practically every committee at school so it would look good on my PS. I missed a lot fos chool for W/E. I regret it now cos I didn't study til last minute. I'm so bad with studying though. I plan to turn over a new leaf at uni and study most days instead of cramming the last few weeks before exams! You sound like you worked really hard so I'm sure you'll do really well. I bought a cross-stich magazine but I was useless! Did you take your cross-stich pieces to the interview? I did pottery which was fun!

Good luck for tomorrow!!!! I have my fingers crossed for you!
    same! but I put n weight due to it and i'm really not that an active person! not a good idea but i could eat a whole madira or spongue cake! and omg loadsa icing!!! ahh thats made me hungry, i'm such a positive dentist role model, stuffing my face with cakes! but you know what im worried about, we're going to learn how bad sugar is for our teeth! i may actually feel guilty about eating a big bar of galaxy on my own :p: haha my cake dec. teacher nearly failed me for licking the spoon! i thought i was discreet but i'd be like hmmm and then stop and everyone would be looking at me and i'd have a mouthful of cake mixture! they should introduce that at dentistry, it's so useful :p: we could make cakes for our clients! any excuse!

i don't think i did, maybe they just felt sorry for me like i was so nervous with glasgow at the beginning and was stuttering but i got myself together and tryed to reamin calm! they could of been thinking well glasgow/dundee won't accept her so lets just give her an offer! haha

awwh cool, same! we're oging to have to leave at like half 7 :eek: i'd have to be up at 6!!!!! omg! and we'd get home at like 6! totally long day! nah just 2 years but i see it as an amazing oppertuntiy, i don't think she likes change very much which is why im worried about tomorrow

it went okay, like my steering is a bit dodgy and i ended up on the kerb a few times but didn't cause any accidents so it was good :p: it was on a wee quiet industrail estate but there was other cars and lorrys about! they must be brave to go up to all the learner drivers, once im more comfortable my dads going to take me out in his jeep but i really think theres a huge difference between a car a jeep, it will take a lot getting used to! have you passed your theory yeh? awh i dont think anyones a natural drivier! like maybe lewis hamilton haha do you know he passed his driving test after 4 lessons? we should of done like formula one, would make driving so much easier, obviously not to that standard but even go-karting! haha

where did you work? i know it can but it pays off when you can help them. awwh i've been working loads this summer so i wanna have a few weeks to relax cause uni will be like work again :p: yeh thats a good idea, i'd ratehr do a shift on a wednesday than at the weekend, but i wanna use wednesday as my shopping day! even though i will be skint :p:

does she! she must really trust you, i'd be too scared but we practice on eachother in second year! omg how bad will that be, like loadsa injections, everyone would probably be laughing as well, as long as its not the roof of your mouth it wont be that bad, i screamed when i got that one done :eek: why did you get them as a baby!? dam i wish my mum and dad thought ahead in 17 years time i will apply to do dentistry, i wana get them done with my mumat my gp cause i reckon if i get it done with my year i will embarrass myself, awwh your so lucky :p:

yeh just so i dont have to worry about money cause im really really bad with it

a D for an advanced highers still really good plus you would of been focusen on your physics which is totally understandable! like a D has the same number of points as an A at higher but unis use a B for advanced higher is equivalent to a B at advanced higher which is part of my wee points to say about how i should be accepted by glasgow if i dont get a B same! uni causes so much stress even for a lazy person like me! like its the interviews, offers and stuff which get me pure nervous so no wonder i messed it up this year. tbh i'd rather get into uni than get more A's. omg your exactly the same as me, the comitees and work experience and loking back i regret it too but i wanted to make sure i get an offer cause its not all about grades. same i have learned a lesson not leaving things to the last minute like this year! all i left the house for in april-june was to go to work and that was it! pure hermit! i hope it pays off yeh cause i wanted to get loadsa marks for manual dexterity and thought a half finsished one would look crap so went for the whole thing, that and jewlery and guitar and my cakes, i went a bit overboard, what did you take to your interview?

awwh thank you so much i'll let you know how i get on! im well not sleeping tonight!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Before you all loose the plot while waiting for exam results I'd just want to say that I wish you all the best.

I hope that all your work and effort is rewarded in full.

ReputationRep:
    same! but I put n weight due to it and i'm really not that an active person! not a good idea but i could eat a whole madira or spongue cake! and omg loadsa icing!!! ahh thats made me hungry, i'm such a positive dentist role model, stuffing my face with cakes! but you know what im worried about, we're going to learn how bad sugar is for our teeth! i may actually feel guilty about eating a big bar of galaxy on my own :p: haha my cake dec. teacher nearly failed me for licking the spoon! i thought i was discreet but i'd be like hmmm and then stop and everyone would be looking at me and i'd have a mouthful of cake mixture! they should introduce that at dentistry, it's so useful :p: we could make cakes for our clients! any excuse!

i don't think i did, maybe they just felt sorry for me like i was so nervous with glasgow at the beginning and was stuttering but i got myself together and tryed to reamin calm! they could of been thinking well glasgow/dundee won't accept her so lets just give her an offer! haha

awwh cool, same! we're oging to have to leave at like half 7 :eek: i'd have to be up at 6!!!!! omg! and we'd get home at like 6! totally long day! nah just 2 years but i see it as an amazing oppertuntiy, i don't think she likes change very much which is why im worried about tomorrow

it went okay, like my steering is a bit dodgy and i ended up on the kerb a few times but didn't cause any accidents so it was good :p: it was on a wee quiet industrail estate but there was other cars and lorrys about! they must be brave to go up to all the learner drivers, once im more comfortable my dads going to take me out in his jeep but i really think theres a huge difference between a car a jeep, it will take a lot getting used to! have you passed your theory yeh? awh i dont think anyones a natural drivier! like maybe lewis hamilton haha do you know he passed his driving test after 4 lessons? we should of done like formula one, would make driving so much easier, obviously not to that standard but even go-karting! haha

where did you work? i know it can but it pays off when you can help them. awwh i've been working loads this summer so i wanna have a few weeks to relax cause uni will be like work again :p: yeh thats a good idea, i'd ratehr do a shift on a wednesday than at the weekend, but i wanna use wednesday as my shopping day! even though i will be skint :p:

does she! she must really trust you, i'd be too scared but we practice on eachother in second year! omg how bad will that be, like loadsa injections, everyone would probably be laughing as well, as long as its not the roof of your mouth it wont be that bad, i screamed when i got that one done :eek: why did you get them as a baby!? dam i wish my mum and dad thought ahead in 17 years time i will apply to do dentistry, i wana get them done with my mumat my gp cause i reckon if i get it done with my year i will embarrass myself, awwh your so lucky :p:

yeh just so i dont have to worry about money cause im really really bad with it

a D for an advanced highers still really good plus you would of been focusen on your physics which is totally understandable! like a D has the same number of points as an A at higher but unis use a B for advanced higher is equivalent to a B at advanced higher which is part of my wee points to say about how i should be accepted by glasgow if i dont get a B same! uni causes so much stress even for a lazy person like me! like its the interviews, offers and stuff which get me pure nervous so no wonder i messed it up this year. tbh i'd rather get into uni than get more A's. omg your exactly the same as me, the comitees and work experience and loking back i regret it too but i wanted to make sure i get an offer cause its not all about grades. same i have learned a lesson not leaving things to the last minute like this year! all i left the house for in april-june was to go to work and that was it! pure hermit! i hope it pays off yeh cause i wanted to get loadsa marks for manual dexterity and thought a half finsished one would look crap so went for the whole thing, that and jewlery and guitar and my cakes, i went a bit overboard, what did you take to your interview?

awwh thank you so much i'll let you know how i get on! im well not sleeping tonight!! :eek:
    I love madira cake but I only seem to get it around christmas time. Haha I know I'm dreading that part cos I love sweets and chocolate so much. People always say to me you should know better you're gonna be a dentist! But the way I look at it is thats a good thing cos we will be able to fix our teeth! Haha but you can't not lick the spoon! Haha I would love that plus it would be really great for business, people would eat the cakes and then need to come to dentist to get their teeth fixed!

I was the exact same with the stuttering at the beginning I was so nervous but then once I got into the swing of it I was ok. When I came out from my interview I just burst into tears. How pathetic! It hadn't even gone badly I think I was just so relieved it was over with, cos I had put myself under so much pressure.

I know I'll need to leave at like half 7 too and I'm not really a morning person. I like to have about a million cups of tea to wake me up haha. That is an amazing opportunity, I would love to travel. What does she do?

I was the same with steering at the beginning but you 'll get a hold of it in no time. omg a jeep thats impressive and brave! I would still be too nervous to try and handle a jeep. My car's a wee toyota yaris so its tiny, which is good! Haha wow 4 thats insane, my friend passed in 8!

thats a good idea! Or you could use thurs as a shooping day cos shops are open late or both haha

I'm not so sure but when my mum told me I had them done I was yuss!! No jags for me! How many do you need?

I know it's so stressful. And the thing is getting the grades is kinda the easy part. You then need to do so much more to make yourself stand out. I did the exact same in 5th year and stayed in from april to june. Even at school at break I would study and be like 'don't talk to me' to my friends haha it's horrible at the time but so worth it! I know you're nervous bout getting this B but you sound like you studied incredibly hard plus you're smart cos you've got 5a's I wouldn't be suprised if you got an A although I don't wanna jinx it! I took all my pottery stuff like wonky pots and mugs. I also took knitting stuff which my mum taught me to do like a week before the interview. My main thing for manual dexteriety was sports like badminton, tennis, relays and stuff to show hand eye co-ordination but that was kinda hard to show in the interview without bringing in like rackets or something haha.

You finding out through post? My wee sis has her standard grades and my mum going to the post office to pick them up at like 7!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 16, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.