The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Lisa.Marie
yeh i got mine through today except i just done an 11-8 at work so wasnt in the mood for trolling through the thing! its like our next directory the sheer length of it haha i skimmed over it cause i was excited about freshers but theres loads! do we have to send anything back? i will actually read it tomorrow! im so lazy! yeh we need freshers passes, glasgow are stingy cause starthcylde let your pals in but glasgow dont.

mines is at 10.30!!! i may see you cause i hate getting jags and giving blood so i will take a while :p: i heard last year someone didnt get let in cause they missed their medical so im getting there in plenty of time! :eek:

Haha I know! Yeh the health questionaire, freshers pass and order for our lab coats. I went onto the website and I have no idea what to put down for size cos its says things like 84cm? I have no idea what that is.

That must have been awful for them! I'm gonna be in really early just incase! That would be cool if I did see you! It happens in groups of 13 so hopefully it won't be too bad cos we'll be going through it together!
Reply 121
NadineC
I got that letter too :smile:! The first paragraph on the cover page is so nice like where it says welcome to BDS or somehting :smile: I quite liked reading that wee paragraph lol!! Where does it tell you about the reading list :O?

My health screening is at 9:45 :smile: Still have no clue about what they're goign to do to me it it lol!! I'll probably get a Freshers pass too just to be safe :biggrin: !! xxx

I know I love that bit I was like awww how sweet. When I read it I got a wee tear in my eye cos I was like this is actually happening I'm gonna be doing dentistry at Glasgow yaaaay!!!
See in the joining instructions bit point number 4 says not to buy any books beforehand.

I think it's gonna be more blood tests.
I know think thats the best idea, but I wonder why they need 2 passport size photos just for a pass thats gonna last a week. Do you think they might use one of them for our student card?
Reply 122
Lisa.Marie
liverpool asked for AAB at advanced higher, why did i even apply there! i was doing one advanced higher! lmao oh i know why i did, i love scouser accents, and hoped i could go down for the weekend arsenal played away at liverpool, i got rejected :frown: you could of went to an english uni if you wanted to, most of them are strict with advanced higers but you aced yours! :smile:

no dundee was number one last year, we stole your crown :p: haha nah actually its 2 different papers. i'd have to agree with the glasgow one i'm afraid to say :p: what one do you believe? i'd love to go to queens, simply cause its irish, they should be involved in our interdental field day!

i live in a suburb kind of, pure desperate housewives talk haha but not the city so yeh round about the same, i thought edinburgh would be the most expensive. yeh like the one thing i learned from geography, aberdeen has granite, my knowledge before of granite:p: its a good pendulum song! :woo:

yeh i bought volume 2 of season 2 there, cant wait but have you noticed the characters have all like slept with eachother? surely theres more guys and girls in new york! haha bit like hollyoaks. oh apart from aaron, hes a newy but i always wanted chuck and blair to go steady, didnt like nate and blair, nates too innocent for blair! shes deserves a bad boy :p:

20 million for 20 people? like a million per person! nah there needs to be more dental schools, theres always a shortage of dentists and you wonder why when theres 2 dental schools in scotland and like about 13 in the UK? aberdeen should of made it bigger and let undergraduates in too cause glasgow and dundee accept postgraduates.

i love cheryl cole! btw x factors back on saturday! WOOHOO!:woo: do you watch it?

yeh which is funny cause its harder to get into that medicine considering theres so much more compettion for places cause theres less places to do it. we are not downgrade except in the hangover the guy got it ripped out him for being a dentist, have you seen it ? it is so funny, he gets drunk and pulls out his own tooth for a bet! :p: **** that, i am calling myself Dr. whether people think im a real doctor or not! i think being called Dr.'s pure sexy! haha :o: yeh like an average wage, and i hope your right with the guys not bothering about their other halfs wage, i read that yooiur 50% more likely to get divorced if the girl earns more than the guy :eek: who earns more than dentists? surgeons? top lawyers? oh i did win most likely to become a WAG but dentist and a footballer, i really do not see it! haha i dont wanna get divorced! single and no where near married but yeh, i do not wanna get divorced! :confused:

so your saying your honest? thats a great quality to have, but you'd be bad working in retail, if a customers trying on something you tell them what you want to hear! even if your thinking it belongs in a bin you have to lie to get sales! :p: harsh isnt it but sometimes a wee lie is better than the truth. you'd be ewwwwwwwwh! get that off! haha :p:

yeh im going to try and be friends with a wide variety of people too, just dentists would drive you mad! haha omg have you heard that song of the v festival advert, its amazing! i searched the whole internet for it, its called sweet disposition by the temper trap, listen to it its amazing! :smile:

yeh thats true, but i like my job, even getting up at half 3 for the sale, id become so lazy if i didnt do it! and everyones really nice that works there and its good for my peoples skills :p:

i do that all the time with like hairbands so yeh the googles will be hapeneing too! do dentists have to wear white? its just i think i suit black better.

omg do you? thats so excting! thats the one thing im missing out on at uni, moving out! i'll make such a crap housewife cause my mum does like evrything for me, she gives me breakfast in bed! omg i am going to uni and my mum still gives me breakfast in bed! i am ridicoulous!! even my dog doesnt have to do that much. you'll have an amazing time! it must be so exciting! its in like 10 days, you should go up and meet your flatmates! :smile:

I don't think english unis understand advanced highers! It's not the same as getting AAB at A level. I think half of the overall A level is AS, imagine if half our AH grade was made up of what we got at higher? We'd be flying.

To be honest, what does it matter which dental school is the best? It's not like we'll ever be short of a job. :p: But dundee do have higher grade requirements... just saying. Queens would be great, but imagine how much it would cost you to take a planes home?!

Only know one pendulum song - propane nightmares. They do seem alright though, might have to look through their other stuff. I remember they did a decent cover of violet hill (seeing coldplay soon in glasgow, :woo:). I don't live in the city either; a few miles off. Although the town has expanded quite a bit.

I've noticed that nath has slept with basically everyone of the main female cast (did he with jenny? ...don't remember). Haha, hollyoaks, haven't seen that in years. The storylines (or should I say storyline) got a bit repetitive. They just changed the cast, getting uglyer every year and repeated the same old crap. Nate and blair didn't work. Blair's pure evil.

I think aberdeen were planning to get in more folk next year, this year was just a pilot or something. They're using the same course structure as dundee, so it's not like they're starting from scratch.

X factor... forgot about that! I usually work saturdays so I might miss it. Can always catch it the next day though; they always seem to repeat it a few times during the week! I prefer the auditions to the live bits; they always choose the wrong people to go through to the next round... and then you end up with a top 12 who can't sing... Entertaining though. :wink:

We'll always be the foot of all jokes to doctors. Can't escape that. :o: Can't go bursting their egos now, can we? :p:

Hangover was great, one of the best movies I've seen in a while. Pulling out a tooth; the movie made it so real (unless the actor didn't have the tooth to start out with!). Dentists are not made out to be amazing on screen; apart from good luck chuck; he's a dentist that becomes a player and ends up with jessica alba. Wouldn't want to get divorced either! But who walks into a failed marriage anyway? Gold-diggers, that's who. :p:

Honesty is not a good trait to have. There is no filter; ends up being just plain mean. Don't need to be a sales rep in a supermarket, there are enough people going in and out that loyalty from one person isn't THAT big.

You need someone in uni to compain about how hard dentistry is! Someone in your course would catch you out too easily. I'll have to listen to that song later, need some sleep first. :eek:

You'd prefer a black lab coat? All dressed in black with a mask over your face muttering "This won't hurt a bit" to a poor soul? Go for it!

I still can't use a washing machine, or cook anything other than pasta, or pasta related. I'll meet my flatmates... eventually. I'm there for almost a year - i'd have pleantly of time!
I wish we had black tunics - I wore my white one out on a pub crawl 'n it hasn't been the same since. :p:

Aw bless y'all sound dead excited for it lol
Allthewayhome
I wish we had black tunics - I wore my white one out on a pub crawl 'n it hasn't been the same since. :p:

Aw bless y'all sound dead excited for it lol

Isn't it such a good idea! :biggrin: i reckon we should take it up with the GDC haha do you get to choose your own tunic when your a dentist? glasgow should let us wear black ones, they would get less dirty, especially when you took yours on a pub crawl! haha it must still stink of booze! :p:

we should be excited! where you not overly excited too starting? :woo: i'm so nervous too cause i don't know anyone going and don't know what to expect. how was freshers?
Reply 125
im starting dentistry at liverpool in sept.....anybody else??????????
Reply 126
Lisa.Marie
hey i just remembered! its A-level results today, how did you get on? hope your coming to glasgow!:smile:

yeh like tbh wherever you go to do dentistry will be amazing like teching wise, theres nothing between the schools so fun stuff like pubs and going out is just as important but for me its also about the shops! haha i like glasgows course better, you get to have patients in 2nd year and its one of the only schools you can do that. thats what im looking forward to the most about the course, actually having your own patients, i hope i get nice ones! haha yeh glaswegians and irish are oh so friendly!

did you get an offer from queens cause i take it you applied there too yeh? omg thats actually really good i just dont wanna be in that position of failing exams :p: but its nice to know you'll get help if you do.

your family will be over all the time! they'll miss you :smile: but its good you can fly back and forth, i will be going from glasgow to glasgow! :p:

you wont understand me, i had to learn to talk slower for my interview, most of the people i know just pretend they know what im saying haha! irish is quite a slow accent isnt it?

i am not paying for that thing! haha omg we need chickenpox jags too! i have never had that or actually chickenpox :eek:

yeh booze for making the pasta sauce :p: ovo! haha

let me know how you got on, i still have my fingers crossed!! :smile:

Hey - got AAA- into Glasgow!!! so excited!!

So i shall be seeing you there in a matter of 2 weeks!!

Got my wee info pack- flippin GP is taking ages with my forms and immunisations records which is starting to annoy me!

Oh and the dental tunic ..... that was so exciting!! I dont really know what to do with that- do we just preorder and then go and lift it when were in glasgow? and were do we find out the sizes?

My health screening is at 11 am ..... injections I presume .... seeing as we were told to eat some food !!

I was rejected from queens but i loved glasgow anyway so the only downside was being away from home etc!!

So was on the fone to a dentist who recently graduated from glasgow- work is supposedly so intense..... eek but he says well all love it ...... can u just not believe that ur actually gonna be a dentist after talkling bout it all so much!!!

Yeah was talking to a girl who works at the halls i got into..... catering (which I didnt want) but ensuite .... she had such a cute scottish accent.... and I didnt find it overly hard to understand..... the Northern Irish accent is awful lol..... u will get sick of me!!

Are you getting the freshers pass?
bella691
Hey - got AAA- into Glasgow!!! so excited!!

So i shall be seeing you there in a matter of 2 weeks!!

Got my wee info pack- flippin GP is taking ages with my forms and immunisations records which is starting to annoy me!

Oh and the dental tunic ..... that was so exciting!! I dont really know what to do with that- do we just preorder and then go and lift it when were in glasgow? and were do we find out the sizes?

My health screening is at 11 am ..... injections I presume .... seeing as we were told to eat some food !!

I was rejected from queens but i loved glasgow anyway so the only downside was being away from home etc!!

So was on the fone to a dentist who recently graduated from glasgow- work is supposedly so intense..... eek but he says well all love it ...... can u just not believe that ur actually gonna be a dentist after talkling bout it all so much!!!

Yeah was talking to a girl who works at the halls i got into..... catering (which I didnt want) but ensuite .... she had such a cute scottish accent.... and I didnt find it overly hard to understand..... the Northern Irish accent is awful lol..... u will get sick of me!!

Are you getting the freshers pass?

yehiiee!! :biggrin: well done! those are amzing results, did you not only need AAB? you bet your condtional! woo hoo :woo: you must of been estatic :smile:

im going to the docs thsi week to find out my immunisation dates, i havent had the chickenpox one nor the chickenpox so im slightly worried :p:

oh the shop is right next to central, i'd wait til your over here and get it cause i got mine today and had to try on a few of them, the tunic was a letdown for me! i need to not wear as much make up cause i've already made the neck of it a bit orange!! haha and the loabcoats like the ones kim and aggy wear in how clean is your house? :o: they're still pretty cool, i brought them home and my mum was nearly crying! haha the tunics are huge though, all of them, i could easily wear mine as a dress, obviously im not going to though! haha omg imagine someone did that :p: i wanted a black one but i suppose i will just have to wait 5 years! :smile:

omg seriously! you think we'll be starting our hep B, think i bring a pal, or my mum, someone better offer to hold my hand i hate getting jags! im fine with jags in my mouth though :p: thats why it says eat something!

i was rejected by liverpool, at least you get to come to glasgow :smile:

i really dont know what to expect with everything, do you know anyone else coming over from ireland?

nah i love all irish accents! you will get sick of me, i talk so fast, my patients will never undertsand me! :p:

yeh im getting one, going to send the form off tomorrow, 35 is a lot it better be worth it :p: when do you move in? and id much rather have an en-suite than catering! :smile:
Reply 128
Lisa.Marie
yehiiee!! :biggrin: well done! those are amzing results, did you not only need AAB? you bet your condtional! woo hoo :woo: you must of been estatic :smile:

im going to the docs thsi week to find out my immunisation dates, i havent had the chickenpox one nor the chickenpox so im slightly worried :p:

oh the shop is right next to central, i'd wait til your over here and get it cause i got mine today and had to try on a few of them, the tunic was a letdown for me! i need to not wear as much make up cause i've already made the neck of it a bit orange!! haha and the loabcoats like the ones kim and aggy wear in how clean is your house? :o: they're still pretty cool, i brought them home and my mum was nearly crying! haha the tunics are huge though, all of them, i could easily wear mine as a dress, obviously im not going to though! haha omg imagine someone did that :p: i wanted a black one but i suppose i will just have to wait 5 years! :smile:

omg seriously! you think we'll be starting our hep B, think i bring a pal, or my mum, someone better offer to hold my hand i hate getting jags! im fine with jags in my mouth though :p: thats why it says eat something!

i was rejected by liverpool, at least you get to come to glasgow :smile:

i really dont know what to expect with everything, do you know anyone else coming over from ireland?

nah i love all irish accents! you will get sick of me, i talk so fast, my patients will never undertsand me! :p:

yeh im getting one, going to send the form off tomorrow, 35 is a lot it better be worth it :p: when do you move in? and id much rather have an en-suite than catering! :smile:

Tanks!!! yeah im so happy - all this talk about "hopefully im going to do dentistry" now it "im going to do dentistry" ........ well if this flippin GP would hurry up withmy medical form!!!!-yeah aab - but the 2 AS hada be in chemistry and Biology ..... Chemistry is soooooo tough tho so if anything was gonna drop it was gonna be chemistry!! Wel done in your highers.... what were ur subjects/ what did u havta get? Highers totally confuse me!!

Are you only 17? I think ur a year younger if ur scottish is tat rite? Wow tats pretty impressive - ill be like amongst the oldest in the year - betya ill feel old

I dont understand that blimmin blue form- do we need that all signed now or do we bring it to the health check?

Also do you know where the lectures will be in first year- cuz my halls are a 1 hour walk away from the uni. itself , not even the dental school..... but at least there ensuite..... but catered ......urgh!! i was looking forward to cooking my own food!!

I havnt a notion what to expect..... i dont even know anyone going to the university itself...... so il be a proper lonely pint.....!! hopefully ill recognise people from interview or the open day- where u at the open day? I dont even know what the lectures or work will be like.... i made my own thread one day to ask that question and i got such a rude answer from this pompous assed guy.... he was just like "i hate people who do dentistry and medicine just because they can.... you should have researched the work load" ........ I mean of course i know how hard it is but I was just looking to know what lectures will be like!! Plus the guy wasnt even doing dentistry or medicine!!

Liverpool was my insurance- not that it really mattered cuz if I didnt get into glasgow liverpool wouldnt have taken me either!! Got an offer from dundee but didnt really like it- it just seemed the werent v organised!! Plus they grilled me about where else Id applied... which there not meant to.
Wer all did u apply?
yosrush
I don't think english unis understand advanced highers! It's not the same as getting AAB at A level. I think half of the overall A level is AS, imagine if half our AH grade was made up of what we got at higher? We'd be flying.

To be honest, what does it matter which dental school is the best? It's not like we'll ever be short of a job. :p: But dundee do have higher grade requirements... just saying. Queens would be great, but imagine how much it would cost you to take a planes home?!

Only know one pendulum song - propane nightmares. They do seem alright though, might have to look through their other stuff. I remember they did a decent cover of violet hill (seeing coldplay soon in glasgow, :woo:). I don't live in the city either; a few miles off. Although the town has expanded quite a bit.

I've noticed that nath has slept with basically everyone of the main female cast (did he with jenny? ...don't remember). Haha, hollyoaks, haven't seen that in years. The storylines (or should I say storyline) got a bit repetitive. They just changed the cast, getting uglyer every year and repeated the same old crap. Nate and blair didn't work. Blair's pure evil.

I think aberdeen were planning to get in more folk next year, this year was just a pilot or something. They're using the same course structure as dundee, so it's not like they're starting from scratch.

X factor... forgot about that! I usually work saturdays so I might miss it. Can always catch it the next day though; they always seem to repeat it a few times during the week! I prefer the auditions to the live bits; they always choose the wrong people to go through to the next round... and then you end up with a top 12 who can't sing... Entertaining though. :wink:

We'll always be the foot of all jokes to doctors. Can't escape that. :o: Can't go bursting their egos now, can we? :p:

Hangover was great, one of the best movies I've seen in a while. Pulling out a tooth; the movie made it so real (unless the actor didn't have the tooth to start out with!). Dentists are not made out to be amazing on screen; apart from good luck chuck; he's a dentist that becomes a player and ends up with jessica alba. Wouldn't want to get divorced either! But who walks into a failed marriage anyway? Gold-diggers, that's who. :p:

Honesty is not a good trait to have. There is no filter; ends up being just plain mean. Don't need to be a sales rep in a supermarket, there are enough people going in and out that loyalty from one person isn't THAT big.

You need someone in uni to compain about how hard dentistry is! Someone in your course would catch you out too easily. I'll have to listen to that song later, need some sleep first. :eek:

You'd prefer a black lab coat? All dressed in black with a mask over your face muttering "This won't hurt a bit" to a poor soul? Go for it!

I still can't use a washing machine, or cook anything other than pasta, or pasta related. I'll meet my flatmates... eventually. I'm there for almost a year - i'd have pleantly of time!

do you think advanced higehrs are harder than A-levels then cause its the exact same AAB requirements, maybe they just dont want scottish students! :p:

i know, dundee have the highest i think but its about what you like cause all the courses are slightly different, saying that dentistrys dentistry and id happily go wherever to do it, i just prefered glasgow :p:

omg that coldplay cover was amazing! so much better than the original, im going to have a wee listen to it the now, thanks for reminding me! i hope they play T in the park next year.

nah but mind him and jenny had a thing, the letter that vanessa stole! vanessas had a thing with all 3 guys too, slept with 2. i cant wait until hilary duff comes into it :biggrin: im watching the episode where they get back together and its like yous didnt even like eachother the first 2 times! bring on season 3!! :cool:

so aberdeen will be an undergraduate one too? you know edinbugh used to have a private dental school?

im not sure about the audience though now, like in america its so funny cause if your **** the crowd boo you off the stage but here they're kind of restrained. i love dannis new hair doo :smile: did you see the teacher? he was amazing!!! nah i thought they had a good top 12 last year. but they show the people who cant sing in the audtions which is entertaining but i feel sorry for them cause the producers decide who goes through the first round so by doing that they are giving people false confidence.

how funny was it, i was laughing from start to finish! i know! maybe he did! imagine a dentist actually done that haha! omg seriously? i havent seen good luck chuck but i will now! i think dentists should be made out better in the public and by these roles in films we're becoming cooler, like everyone loves doctors but hates dentists! :p:

have you got your lab coat and tunic yet, i got mine and i am sticking with the black one wheni qualify, i think it will look well smart! haha the white one has gone orange already! ohno and the labcoat is down to my feet, i supose it is to protect your clothes :rolleyes: my cousin was laughing at me trying it on and was like you should of done hairdressing cause they have lovely ones! :p:

have you started packing yet? and you'll learn everything you need to know when your forced to do it yourself :smile: pastas healthy! are you not getting really excited about freshers!!! whens dundees freshers week the 14th yeh?
bella691
Tanks!!! yeah im so happy - all this talk about "hopefully im going to do dentistry" now it "im going to do dentistry" ........ well if this flippin GP would hurry up withmy medical form!!!!-yeah aab - but the 2 AS hada be in chemistry and Biology ..... Chemistry is soooooo tough tho so if anything was gonna drop it was gonna be chemistry!! Wel done in your highers.... what were ur subjects/ what did u havta get? Highers totally confuse me!!

Are you only 17? I think ur a year younger if ur scottish is tat rite? Wow tats pretty impressive - ill be like amongst the oldest in the year - betya ill feel old

I dont understand that blimmin blue form- do we need that all signed now or do we bring it to the health check?

Also do you know where the lectures will be in first year- cuz my halls are a 1 hour walk away from the uni. itself , not even the dental school..... but at least there ensuite..... but catered ......urgh!! i was looking forward to cooking my own food!!

I havnt a notion what to expect..... i dont even know anyone going to the university itself...... so il be a proper lonely pint.....!! hopefully ill recognise people from interview or the open day- where u at the open day? I dont even know what the lectures or work will be like.... i made my own thread one day to ask that question and i got such a rude answer from this pompous assed guy.... he was just like "i hate people who do dentistry and medicine just because they can.... you should have researched the work load" ........ I mean of course i know how hard it is but I was just looking to know what lectures will be like!! Plus the guy wasnt even doing dentistry or medicine!!

Liverpool was my insurance- not that it really mattered cuz if I didnt get into glasgow liverpool wouldnt have taken me either!! Got an offer from dundee but didnt really like it- it just seemed the werent v organised!! Plus they grilled me about where else Id applied... which there not meant to.
Wer all did u apply?

i know! it must finally be sinking in, it still hasnt for me! still thats amazing grades :p: what did you do to celebrate it? i nearly dropped advanced chemistry until glasgow gave me a condiotnal in it! it was horrible :p: i know! like see that blue form, i have my name on i and date of birth, thats it! but i know someone who phoned up and got told dont worry if you've not had your jags but it would be good if you could start it with your gp, so im going to ask on thursday to get it, that way no one will realise im afraid of jags! haha same with a-levels, like you get your AS levels and gsces. i done an advaned chemistry and got a B, an A for business (the most boring subject ever!) B for physics and an A for int 2 cake decorating! that was this year but we done highers last year and i got A's in maths, english, biolgy, chemistry and geography. i take it A-levels are a lot harder cause you do them over 2 years? :s i'd prefer A-levels cause you focus on 3 subjects instead of 5! :o:

are you 18? when are you 19? im young for my year but in scotland, loadsa my friends are already 18! no you wont be :p: they'll be post-grads there! 18 isnt old at all! at least you can buy drinks! i get my freshers pass taken off me!:eek:

im bringing the blue form and the white long one to the health check, the whole pack totally confused me! :s-smilie:

i think we'll get lectures in the dental hospital cause mind the big room at the start fo our interview, i think thats used for lectures. and we'll get some at the main campus too! ohno i am bound to end up at the totally wrong place! people better look after me at uni!! haha :woo: dont worry about your halls, you'll be able to get a bus. the en-suite is a must! dont you want catered halls nah? the food will be nice and if you dont like it you can cook too cant you? :s-smilie: you'll have like a sink and oven surely? :eek:

only 2 of my friends are going to glasgow but they're doing totally different subjects! im nervous about making new friends too cause theres going to be so many people. you'll have your flatmates and they'll be int he exact same position as you so you'll have made so many friends before freshers week! we'll meet up at freshers too and we can find all the other dentists!! :p:

thats ridicoulous, i wanna know what the workload will be like too cause its completely new to us so for someone to be mean to you is not on. i mean how are we meant to know cause some people will judge the workload differently. so they woulndt of even known what they were talking about! i think it will be hard but as long as work throughout it it will be fine. theres a lot of practical too so its not as if we can practice that in our house! :p:

omg did they! dundee where like "so whens your glasgow interview?" thats totally not allowed thats why other unis cant see where you applied but they did give me an uncondtional so they can be forgiven! haha :p: dundee was my insurance, i withdrew my newcastle interview cause the day before i got my dundee offer and i would choose dundee over newcastle cause its closer to home and we dont have to pay fees. plus that might of gave someone else an interview. when was your glasgow interview? i met a few irish girls at my interview! they were lovely! maybe one was you! :p: was your dundee offer AAA yeh? you could of choose anywhere!! glasgow will be so much fun though :biggrin:
Reply 131
aimee.
I know I love that bit I was like awww how sweet. When I read it I got a wee tear in my eye cos I was like this is actually happening I'm gonna be doing dentistry at Glasgow yaaaay!!!
See in the joining instructions bit point number 4 says not to buy any books beforehand.

I think it's gonna be more blood tests.
I know think thats the best idea, but I wonder why they need 2 passport size photos just for a pass thats gonna last a week. Do you think they might use one of them for our student card?

Boo...blood tests are not fun :frown:
I was wondering about that and how it says attach them but dont use atthesives...confused :frown: I think I'll just paperclip them to it :biggrin: !! Smart thinking by me - Yayy :smile:!!

My brother told me when he was there they took your pic for your student card like actually like at registration but they might have changed it since then :s-smilie: !!

xxx
Reply 132
Lisa.Marie

im bringing the blue form and the white long one to the health check, the whole pack totally confused me! :s-smilie:

Dude just noticed this part of your post ... I don’t think your meant to take the long white questionnaire to the heath check :s-smilie: Like there’s something on the cover letter and on the instructions that says that you have to return it in the envelope provided to the uni health service by the 31st of August since it has to be checked before your heath screening :s-smilie:

I know you probably already know that and I've just picked it up wrong but just thought I'd say just in case you hadn't noticed it or something :eek: !! I'd hate for us to mess something up now we've come so far :O!!

xxxxx
NadineC
Dude just noticed this part of your post ... I don’t think your meant to take the long white questionnaire to the heath check :s-smilie: Like there’s something on the cover letter and on the instructions that says that you have to return it in the envelope provided to the uni health service by the 31st of August since it has to be checked before your heath screening :s-smilie:

I know you probably already know that and I've just picked it up wrong but just thought I'd say just in case you hadn't noticed it or something :eek: !! I'd hate for us to mess something up now we've come so far :O!!

xxxxx

omg i just noticed today we had a wee small envelope for it!! :eek: i was thinking maybe thats to send it back! haha thank you so much for telling me cause i was a bit confused! like how on earth is that white form meant to fit in that wee tiny envelope :eek: :p: omg like thats where people got rejcted for not filling it out in time, like i have my doctors appointment today so i was going to just get it signed then sent away but see cause there is only a few days left, i might just do it special delivery so it gets there defo saturday or maybe tomorrow if i'm fast!

omg no i never! i was just going to bring it to the screeening! :eek: i'm such an idiot, like i didnt even know we had a deadline for it! :rolleyes: nah your totally right, like imagine we could get rejected for something as stupid as that! i'm getting rid of it today!! :woo: thank you so much :smile:

xxxxxxxx
Reply 134
Lisa.Marie
do you think advanced higehrs are harder than A-levels then cause its the exact same AAB requirements, maybe they just dont want scottish students! :p:

i know, dundee have the highest i think but its about what you like cause all the courses are slightly different, saying that dentistrys dentistry and id happily go wherever to do it, i just prefered glasgow :p:

omg that coldplay cover was amazing! so much better than the original, im going to have a wee listen to it the now, thanks for reminding me! i hope they play T in the park next year.

nah but mind him and jenny had a thing, the letter that vanessa stole! vanessas had a thing with all 3 guys too, slept with 2. i cant wait until hilary duff comes into it :biggrin: im watching the episode where they get back together and its like yous didnt even like eachother the first 2 times! bring on season 3!! :cool:

so aberdeen will be an undergraduate one too? you know edinbugh used to have a private dental school?

im not sure about the audience though now, like in america its so funny cause if your **** the crowd boo you off the stage but here they're kind of restrained. i love dannis new hair doo :smile: did you see the teacher? he was amazing!!! nah i thought they had a good top 12 last year. but they show the people who cant sing in the audtions which is entertaining but i feel sorry for them cause the producers decide who goes through the first round so by doing that they are giving people false confidence.

how funny was it, i was laughing from start to finish! i know! maybe he did! imagine a dentist actually done that haha! omg seriously? i havent seen good luck chuck but i will now! i think dentists should be made out better in the public and by these roles in films we're becoming cooler, like everyone loves doctors but hates dentists! :p:

have you got your lab coat and tunic yet, i got mine and i am sticking with the black one wheni qualify, i think it will look well smart! haha the white one has gone orange already! ohno and the labcoat is down to my feet, i supose it is to protect your clothes :rolleyes: my cousin was laughing at me trying it on and was like you should of done hairdressing cause they have lovely ones! :p:

have you started packing yet? and you'll learn everything you need to know when your forced to do it yourself :smile: pastas healthy! are you not getting really excited about freshers!!! whens dundees freshers week the 14th yeh?

AH must be harder than A-levels, you dont hear people saying that the grades for AH are inflated and useless.

I'm not sure... I'm not a massive coldplay fan (they do have a few decent songs) but I do think they're better than pendulum. :p: Pendulum are too... electronic for me.

Everyones sleeps with everyone else... regardless of what tv show you're watching. Take one tree hill for example, brooke & peyton have slept with most of the male cast. I guess they must run out of story lines. :p: I remeber hillary duff from lizzie mcguire as a kid - very whinny I've got to say. Not sure if the new season of GG will work. If everyone goes to different unis, they'll have to cut some of the cast or change the storyline (like make it over summer/after a few years down the line).

I'm not sure if aberdeen has opened undergrad yet - haven't really looked into any unis/ucas/anything related to that since I got my offer. Didn't know edinburgh had a dental school! What happened to it?

The crowd do boo some people off, but they also cheer the crap ones... it's better without the crowd. Feels less fake and scripted. I'm not a fan of danni, she doesn't have much facial expression and I hate the way she says "Yeahhhh", listen out for it! Cheryl's good though, you don't expect her to be so harsh to some of them, but the truth needs to be said! I'm thinking the teacher was too good. He put on a show. Something fishy's going on I think. Either that or he's practiced quite a bit. He was the only one on that show who might win it; I think simon said it was the best 1st audition he's seen ever? What I don't understand is how some of them, who clearly can't sing, think they're amazing. I know I can't sing if my life depended on it, I'm not going to pretend I'm the next big thing!

The only other dentist I know on tv is that guy from desperate housewives... but doctors get this amazing image with all the medical dramas going about. I'm sure dentistry can be just as exciting!

I got a letter from the uni today, we have to order a yellow lab coat as well for anatomy. Yellow... I think a proper fitted white one would be awesome. We also get the option to rent a skull for a year o.O Who would do that!?!

Haven't started packing, will probably do it an hour before I leave - just stuff a suitcase full of clothes. Bought a laptop too. Won't need much more. I'd prefer to travel light :smile: Fresher's week is in less than a couple of weeks for us (5th I think, but I'll go down on 7th probably) Should be a blast!
I'm really worried about writing my Personal Statement - I'm not sure what to write - I still have to go for work experience next week. Am I writing it too late?
Reply 136
Yazoo.C
I'm really worried about writing my Personal Statement - I'm not sure what to write - I still have to go for work experience next week. Am I writing it too late?

Don't worry this isn't too late :smile:!! You don't have to have it in until some time in October I think it is...Although its probably best to write it as early as you can and spend the rest of the time perfecting it, I'd say your best to wait until after work experience - it gives you so much inspiration because you realise just how amazing being a dentist would be :biggrin:!!

Just write about yourself, why you want to do dentistry and any extra-curricular activities or hobbies that you have...Don't worry I'm sure it'll be great and enjoy your work experience - mines was amazing!!

If you ask at your school they may also be able to provide you with guides or information on how to do it although personally I think it's best if it comes 100% from you :biggrin: Good luck!!
NadineC
Don't worry this isn't too late :smile:!! You don't have to have it in until some time in October I think it is...Although its probably best to write it as early as you can and spend the rest of the time perfecting it, I'd say your best to wait until after work experience - it gives you so much inspiration because you realise just how amazing being a dentist would be :biggrin:!!

Just write about yourself, why you want to do dentistry and any extra-curricular activities or hobbies that you have...Don't worry I'm sure it'll be great and enjoy your work experience - mines was amazing!!

If you ask at your school they may also be able to provide you with guides or information on how to do it although personally I think it's best if it comes 100% from you :biggrin: Good luck!!

Thanks. I am going for work experince tomorrow so hopefully I can make a start to my PS. I have been given a sort of guide but there is a meeting all about UCAS tomorrow.

Sorry for bothering you but should I be taking notes on any particular thing when I go for work experience tomorrow?
I think Universities ask you a lot of questions at the interview and don't know if there is any common questions they ask e.g. types of fillings?

I only managed to organize 9 half days (effictively 3 full days) of work experience - would that be enough?
Reply 138
Yazoo.C
Thanks. I am going for work experince tomorrow so hopefully I can make a start to my PS. I have been given a sort of guide but there is a meeting all about UCAS tomorrow.

Sorry for bothering you but should I be taking notes on any particular thing when I go for work experience tomorrow?
I think Universities ask you a lot of questions at the interview and don't know if there is any common questions they ask e.g. types of fillings?

I only managed to organize 9 half days (effictively 3 full days) of work experience - would that be enough?

No need to be sorry :smile: If tomorrow is just your first day I'd just concentrate on settling in and getting to know the dentist better :smile: After that I'd just really pay attention to what the dentist is doing during procedures/how they are with their patients and don't be scared to ask questions :biggrin:!! Also I'd try to spend time with all members of the dental team it will really help :smile:!

3 day's is the minimum but I think it's best to get as much experience as you can with anyone you can as long as it's not interfering too much with your school work :biggrin:

Enjoy tomorrow :woo: !!
Reply 139
Hey guys, was just wondering about that blue form we are meant to fill in....I was just wondering if we had to fill in all of it? because for the HIV and hep C parts, is that not from the blood tests we had to have at the spire health clinic? just a bit confused at the minute!

Latest