Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

turning 19 and having a quarter life crisis Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else turning 19 and thinking: this should be the best time of my life, so why is it still not happening? Basically, I'm turning 19, changing my degree, don't have any real friends, never been in a relationship, and don't know where I'm going wrong. Wondering if anyone else is the same.

ReputationRep:
    How can you be so sure you will live to 76? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    There are alot of people in the exact same position as you, you havent found the right direction to go down yet in life, nothing abnormal about that, some people struggle to find a direction and then can be twice your age.

Just take life as it comes and appreciate it, im sure you know 19 isnt old.

ReputationRep:
    I guess, it's just so depressing when everyone else seems to be getting on with their lives and you're stuck in a rut

ReputationRep:
    why did you decide to change your degree OP? And also why do you think you've never been in a relationship may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    better to suffer now than when you're older in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I feel like it. I get obsessed with travelling the world and finding new places where I'd be really accepted. I want to make more friends and just have a good time, but I let my social anxieties get in the way. It's not a financial issue for me, just an issue of willpower.

ReputationRep:
    well Malcom, I realised I'm doing the wrong degree to get into the masters I want to major. Realising that a year on is pretty depressing. And I don't really know why I've never been in a relationship. I'll be honest, I'm sure it's not the way I look or talk, it's just that I've never found the right situation to meet anyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_wakeman)
    well Malcom, I realised I'm doing the wrong degree to get into the masters I want to major. Realising that a year on is pretty depressing. And I don't really know why I've never been in a relationship. I'll be honest, I'm sure it's not the way I look or talk, it's just that I've never found the right situation to meet anyone
    Ah well, good luck with that anyway. And for next time, it might be better to use the quote function so that I know I've got a direct reply from you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalcomNewMoney84)
    Ah well, good luck with that anyway. And for next time, it might be better to use the quote function so that I know I've got a direct reply from you
    What happened to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Snips)
    What happened to you?
    What do you mean? My rep, lol?

ReputationRep:
    Its okay, its because you dont know what direction your life to take, jsst take life as it comes and dont look to much in the future, trust me plans dont always work out. I'm similar to you, and was quite unahppy a few months back, but now my life is kinda back on track things are fine. good luck and sometimes you need to make things happen rather then sit around and wait for them to happen

ReputationRep:
    life's not meant to be fun :p:

ReputationRep:
    This feeling comes and goes, really. I'm 21 and all I've got to show for it is a degree. I know that sounds a bit weird, but I've not been travelling or anything "youthy" and I often fear I'll be too old before I know it. But to be honest, such things can be done well into 30s without much problem. Our perception of age is a little distorted at this point.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean? My rep, lol?
    Yep, explain

ReputationRep:
    Yep, explain
    Well you see buddy, once one's sub runs out, some really brave people who are obviously very naughty, feel big enough to neg anonymously, for no apparent reason. But I really do not care though, in fact I want to be the biggest troll this neek-hole has ever seen lool What they don't know is that once my essays have gone through, and I get my new sub in a few days, I'll find out who these pussy's are and I will wreck them forevvvveeerr :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Well you see buddy, once one's sub runs out, some really brave people who are obviously very naughty, feel big enough to neg anonymously, for no apparent reason. But I really do not care though, in fact I want to be the biggest troll this neek-hole has ever seen lool What they don't know is that once my essays have gone through, and I get my new sub in a few days, I'll find out who these pussy's are and I will wreck them forevvvveeerr :woo:
    God speed

ReputationRep:
    God speed
    sorry, im probably being really thick, but i dont get what you mean by that. do you mean that its a rapid turn around in my mentality on here, or that the riches should come through quicker than that :confused:

ReputationRep:
    sorry, im probably being really thick, but i dont get what you mean by that. do you mean that its a rapid turn around in my mentality on here, or that the riches should come through quicker than that :confused:
    Godspeed, as a word, is a wish for a prosperous journey, success, and good fortune

ReputationRep:
    Godspeed, as a word, is a wish for a prosperous journey, success, and good fortune
    but you spelt it as 2 words, thus offering a different interpretation, no?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.