The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
815 Iain
Films can't capture the magic I have in my life.

Sure, I've been through hell, like the time I got arrested for a crime I didn’t commit and got sent to prison. The warden was a right pain in the arse, even when I used my skills to make the guy a nice bit of (illegal) cash. But because of the good money flow he refused to help me a few years down the line when a fellow prisoner has evidence of my innocence. After losing all chance of freedom, I eventually escaped through a tunnel I spent nearly 20 odd years making. Once I got on the other side I leaked the warden’s story to the press and took all his of earnings to start a new life. Soon after, my best pal from my time behind the bars was released and we now live happy and most importantly, free.

Oh, hang on.

Hah, I got about halfway through that before I suddenly thought "this seems familiar". :p:
depends what film
noaksey
that library would surely cost a fortune?

yes , yes it would :-)
My first thought was "no" but real life is probably better, just much slower so you don't realise it at the time. It's not wrapped up nicely in 2 hours, and sometimes it doesn't fulfil all your expectations, so if life was a film, it'd be one you wouldnt watch again.
As if life could ever be as good as this...

Hopefully sometime in the future it will approach that unreal level of awesomeness tho
People get a kick of trying to make every aspect of their romantic lives just like a film or a song they heard, but things are far much more complex than that.
If you try to make your life like a film, or use fiction as a yard stick for happiness you'll never be fulfilled.
yeah, Trainspotting.
hahahaha, highly doubt it, as in a movie you usually end up with the person ur meant to be - no matter what crap he/you did, he has a gf or whatever ...
or, of course, he dies to make it more tragic.

yet, in real life its muuuch more fun imo, of course, there can be a guy whos perfect for you and you fall for him but it never works out, yet you can also just have FUN nd dont need this permanent obsession with love and "the one"
Real life is MUCH better than in a film :smile:
No.
Reply 30
No, yes for the first part, but I'm still waiting for the happy ending :frown:
Reply 31
My life reminds me of "one flew over the cuckoo's nest".

Same prison, same nurse ratchets etc, just a different location.
Reply 32
the green mile imo

N00bsicle
My life reminds me of "one flew over the cuckoo's nest".

Same prison, same nurse ratchets etc, just a different location.

noobsicle how ever much did that set up cost you?

i nearly went for going all out and made a thread about building one a few weeks ago but chickened out in the end lol.
No... films lie to us. Especially Bollywood ones. Hmph.
Reply 34
jesty
the green mile imo

noobsicle how ever much did that set up cost you?

i nearly went for going all out and made a thread about building one a few weeks ago but chickened out in the end lol.

It wasn't THAT much. I built the bulk of this pc like a year ago and have just been swapping parts when I have been able to get them cheap :wink:

You are quite right not to build one at the moment. 1156 chipset has been released and will be released in the UK. Will provide great bang for buck.

If you ever need a hookup or cheaper parts, give me a bell and i'll see if I can find something for you. :smile:
Reply 35
Is real life ever as good as in a film?

Nope, real life is better :yep:
Reply 36
N00bsicle
It wasn't THAT much. I built the bulk of this pc like a year ago and have just been swapping parts when I have been able to get them cheap :wink:

You are quite right not to build one at the moment. 1156 chipset has been released and will be released in the UK. Will provide great bang for buck.

If you ever need a hookup or cheaper parts, give me a bell and i'll see if I can find something for you. :smile:

thanks man. i usually shop on scan, dabs, novatech etc

just sold my old comp (8800gt gpu, E5400 processor and other pretty avergae items) but think i may get to uni and miss having a desktop. ill see how it goes on that front.

ill have to do some research on this new chipset. not heard much about it.

sorry for the hijack OP :o:
Ummm... I've seen some really, really **** movies... so yes.
Reply 38
jesty
thanks man. i usually shop on scan, dabs, novatech etc

just sold my old comp (8800gt gpu, E5400 processor and other pretty avergae items) but think i may get to uni and miss having a desktop. ill see how it goes on that front.

ill have to do some research on this new chipset. not heard much about it.

sorry for the hijack OP :o:

Best time to have sold the stuff xD

Price performance ratio, you cannot do better than a Q9450/Q9550. I picked up on dirt cheap, and unless you are doing enormous media encoding you will not see any improvements.

Latest

Trending

Trending