Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically, it is. It looks awful all the time. It's really REALLY fine, no matter what I get loads of split ends. My mother's a hairdresser and I avoid seeing her at times because all she does it moan at my hair. The style is just rubbish and ughhh!

Spoiler:
    Show

I'm seriously pale (as you can see in those pictures), blue eyes the lark. I've hard my hair darker before and it just makes me look worse, but I look so childish! Arggh! Any styling tips? Something not too hard to make look nice because I just get so angry. :mad: Thanks TSR!

(I don't want it short, I look around 12 with short hair. :o: )

ReputationRep:
    It looks fine to me tbh!

Maybe it's just a case of style - straighten or curl it perhaps? The heat will be no good for your split ends, but the style might cover it up a bit, and it will help if you use a "heat protect" type product on your hair. Although would your mum be willing to trim your split ends on a regular basis for free? Or perhaps, teach you how to do it (not sure how wise that is!).

I can't really tell if your hair is coloured/dyed from the pic, but some light blonde highlights might look nice. Oh and, perhaps get some more structure to your fringe, you have one of those faces that can pull of a block fringe - aka http://www.catwalkqueen.tv/fringes.jpg
    If you don't like that, you could just grow it out. Just seems to need a bit more structure.

I know I've said a lot but I still think you have nice hair as it is :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    It looks fine to me tbh!

Maybe it's just a case of style - straighten or curl it perhaps? The heat will be no good for your split ends, but the style might cover it up a bit, and it will help if you use a "heat protect" type product on your hair. Although would your mum be willing to trim your split ends on a regular basis for free? Or perhaps, teach you how to do it (not sure how wise that is!).

I can't really tell if your hair is coloured/dyed from the pic, but some light blonde highlights might look nice. Oh and, perhaps get some more structure to your fringe, you have one of those faces that can pull of a block fringe - aka http://www.catwalkqueen.tv/fringes.jpg
    If you don't like that, you could just grow it out. Just seems to need a bit more structure.

I know I've said a lot but I still think you have nice hair as it is :tongue:
    My hair is dyed, by my mum, for free. Gotta love my mum. Naturally it's that in between mousey colour with a grey tinge and just looks worse.

Straight hair makes my face look really long. But maybe I could curl it at the back or something, really loose curls? I need a fringe else I just look.. Bad. Maybe I just need a new fringe and a curling iron. :erm:

Aww, thanks though! Most people hate my hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasphlam)
    My hair is dyed, by my mum, for free. Gotta love my mum. Naturally it's that in between mousey colour with a grey tinge and just looks worse.

Straight hair makes my face look really long. But maybe I could curl it at the back or something, really loose curls? I need a fringe else I just look.. Bad. Maybe I just need a new fringe and a curling iron. :erm:

Aww, thanks though! Most people hate my hair.
    Ohh well your mum is good, it looks natural!

Yeah I think curly would suit you better than straight would, it just seems to be a case of style and the fringe then. I definitely think a block fringe would suit you!

And anyone who says they hate your hair is stupid, they're probably jealous. You have that whole beach hair look going on and it's really hard to replicate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Ohh well your mum is good, it looks natural!

Yeah I think curly would suit you better than straight would, it just seems to be a case of style and the fringe then. I definitely think a block fringe would suit you!

And anyone who says they hate your hair is stupid, they're probably jealous. You have that whole beach hair look going on and it's really hard to replicate.
    My mum will be glad to hear that then . Aww thanks, that's sweet! I'll see what everyone else thinks, I've never thought about block fringes but now I'm intrigued. Thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    i don't like your fringe. perhaps a side parting?

ReputationRep:
    I think if you tried parting it to the side, it would look a million times better. But it's not as bad as you think, seriously.

ReputationRep:
    It looks like you're using your hair to hide your face... Get rid of your fringe, get a side parting, leave the colour as it is and try and get rid of the bulges at the side.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone! I need a fringe because I have a slightly oversized forehead and it needs to be covered. So basically, from what you've all said, get a side parting, a side fringe to go, and use straighteners/curlers to neaten up the layers?

ReputationRep:
    You look a bit like Cassie from Skins 1 & 2 in that picture!

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried having it lighter at all? And a side fringe w/ side parting would definitely be a good call!

ReputationRep:
    Mine is imo, but apparently girls like curly hair so maybe not.

ReputationRep:
    I think your hair looks great

ReputationRep:
    It looks lovely, you should be well happy...my hair is so thick that it still looks like Kylie in the 80s (but without the curls, just frizz) after 3 different straightening products - though I own 9 - and straighteners. Added to that it doesn't seem to grow. Think Hermione Film 1...I would love to have your hair, srsly

ReputationRep:
    I'd go darker I think the blond doesn't suit you as well. The kind of shade you see at the bottom of your hair on the inside would be ideal. Then if you try getting rid of the random curled in flicks. I think you'll look great then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john.miguel)
    You look a bit like Cassie from Skins 1 & 2 in that picture!
    Thanks :o: I get that a lot, we both have an overbite too. :p:

(Original post by Marsha2112)
    It looks lovely, you should be well happy...my hair is so thick that it still looks like Kylie in the 80s (but without the curls, just frizz) after 3 different straightening products - though I own 9 - and straighteners. Added to that it doesn't seem to grow. Think Hermione Film 1...I would love to have your hair, srsly
    If you hate my hair you wouldn't want it! Trust me. :p: I'd kill for thick hair! We should swap.

Thanks everyone! I was thinking about dying it a reddy brown colour, but I might just keep it blonde for now. My hair's like it is in those pics/my profile pic without a hair dryer or any products. I think I'll go for a side fringe and a bit more styled layers, with maybe some curls for special occasions.

Thanks for all the compliments too! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasphlam)
    Thanks :o: I get that a lot, we both have an overbite too. :p:

If you hate my hair you wouldn't want it! Trust me. :p: I'd kill for thick hair! We should swap.

Thanks everyone! I was thinking about dying it a reddy brown colour, but I might just keep it blonde for now. My hair's like it is in those pics/my profile pic without a hair dryer or any products. I think I'll go for a side fringe and a bit more styled layers, with maybe some curls for special occasions.

Thanks for all the compliments too! :o:
    Fair enough, it's pretty much a rule that everyone hates their hair:o: We should swap, hah
    Just to make you feel better: at least your hair doesn't look like this if you don't put about a litre of serum on: http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...any2008057.jpg
    http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...any2008062.jpg (and your face doesn't look like that either:p: )

ReputationRep:
    Your hair looks really lovely in your profile picture :O It looks all soft and smooth.
    You're crazy if you think it doesn't :p:

I think a side or block fringe would look really good too though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marsha2112)
    Fair enough, it's pretty much a rule that everyone hates their hair:o: We should swap, hah
    Just to make you feel better: at least your hair doesn't look like this if you don't put about a litre of serum on: http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...any2008057.jpg
    http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...any2008062.jpg (and your face doesn't look like that either:p: )
    Aww I like your hair! It's got so much volume and it's a lot nicer than my straw hair IMO. We should deffo swap!

You look really pretty there btw I have the face of a young child. :p:
    (Original post by SianSian)
    Your hair looks really lovely in your profile picture :O It looks all soft and smooth.
    You're crazy if you think it doesn't :p:

I think a side or block fringe would look really good too though.
    Aww thanks. :p: It doesn't feel nice ever though. :erm:

I think I'll go with the fringe.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.