Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Will any of you be attending the welcome dinner on 16 September???? I think I'm not interested.... but is everyone else going???

ReputationRep:
    me

just got the confirmation yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take you to get your confirmation, I still haven't received it... Should I apply again?

ReputationRep:
    Took me one day...

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to apply for that dinner seperately?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azuero)
    Do you have to apply for that dinner seperately?
    The forms asks whether or not you'd like to sign up for the dinner too.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/international/...tion-form.html

ReputationRep:
    Urgh I just got told that there are TOO MANY applicants for the International Student Orientation and I haven't got a place for it. Who's decided to cancel? Would really appreciate if I could have your place. THANK YOU!

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know when we can move in to the accommodation?? 23rd of Sep.?

I think the 19th is the official move-in day, though I know many people who are moving in earlier because they called their accommodation and requested it. If you move in early, you have to pay extra for each day.

ReputationRep:
    That's what I'm doing.. moving in a week earlier. I think I paid about 20 pounds per day all up.

Now I need to know what to do with myself for a whole week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joncgde2)
    That's what I'm doing.. moving in a week earlier. I think I paid about 20 pounds per day all up.

Now I need to know what to do with myself for a whole week!
    same here, I'm moving in on the 15th. I'm driving from France, and have to sort out bank account, mobile phone and stuff...where you living?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic_33)
    same here, I'm moving in on the 15th. I'm driving from France, and have to sort out bank account, mobile phone and stuff...where you living?
    ahah me too! defo with the bank account and mobile... ahh i'm don't even know where to begin lol

I'll be in Great Dover... how about you?

ReputationRep:
    ahah me too! defo with the bank account and mobile... ahh i'm don't even know where to begin lol

I'll be in Great Dover... how about you?
    In International Hall. But I'm so clueless regarding the bank account and the mobile, anyone got any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm coming from France too and I'll be in International Hall.
    For the mobile, you can keep your current cell phone and buy a sim card once you are in London (O2 simplicity cards for exemple). But you have to have your phone unlocked first.
    For the bank account, I have an appointment in HSBC to sort this out.

ReputationRep:
    There's a thread going in the International Chat forum about this...

Some banks seem to provide accounts with no fees, so that's what I'll be going for. Lloyd's seems good enough for me (I just want an account that is easy to withdraw from!).

I think youneed a fair bit of documentation though, so I have to look more into that :/

For you guys arriving early, what will you be doing? Any good places to go around and see? I don't know where I should be going! :/

ReputationRep:
    There's a thread going in the International Chat forum about this...

Some banks seem to provide accounts with no fees, so that's what I'll be going for. Lloyd's seems good enough for me (I just want an account that is easy to withdraw from!).

I think youneed a fair bit of documentation though, so I have to look more into that :/

For you guys arriving early, what will you be doing? Any good places to go around and see? I don't know where I should be going! :/
    link please:p:

ReputationRep:
    ahh you lazy sod, here you go

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=988818

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.