Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please keep anon.

Im 18yrs old and i have a history of bed wetting, it continued up until the about year 10 and then it just stopped. Until now. I've just woken up to myself wetting the bed and im getting seriously worried that the bed wetting will start to be on a regular basis. I've tried looking at other threads but know one was in a similar position to me, can anyone give me any advice?

I would be greatful for any help.

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought about getting a diabetes test?
    Especially if you are tired and thirsty as well...it's probably been going on too long for it to be diabetes, but I'd rule it out just to be on the safe side. It's one of the symptoms I had when I was diagnosed when I was 8.

I doubt it could be diabetes because i've been to the docs in between for check ups and it's never been a case of being thirsty. Having said that, i will still follow it up. Thanks for your reply, anymore would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep anon.

Im 18yrs old and i have a history of bed wetting, it continued up until the about year 10 and then it just stopped. Until now. I've just woken up to myself wetting the bed and im getting seriously worried that the bed wetting will start to be on a regular basis. I've tried looking at other threads but know one was in a similar position to me, can anyone give me any advice?

I would be greatful for any help.
    Do you drink drinks with caffiene before you go to bed? Caffiene is a diuretic(probably spelt wrong), which means that it stimulates water loss. Do you go to the toilet before you go to bed? Or it could be psychological because its happened in the past. Give some more info, or see your GP.

empty your bladder before sleeping (several times if possible) and dont take water or any other liquid 1 hour before sleeping.....i had this problem to a small extent and this is how i managed to control it.

(Original post by kashim91)
    Do you drink drinks with caffiene before you go to bed? Caffiene is a diuretic(probably spelt wrong), which means that it stimulates water loss. Do you go to the toilet before you go to bed? Or it could be psychological because its happened in the past. Give some more info, or see your GP.
    No i dont drink any form of caffiene at all, so i doubt its related to that. More likely to be down to the fact that i did not go to the toilet before i went to bed. May be psychological, i'll see what my doc says. Thanks for your help.

empty your bladder before sleeping (several times if possible) and dont take water or any other liquid 1 hour before sleeping.....i had this problem to a small extent and this is how i managed to control it.
    Thanks for your reply, i'll start listening to your advice and go to the my doc. I guess i got abit complaicant.

ReputationRep:
    on the embarrassing illnesses programme there was a section about some teenage guys who had this problem - if you go to the doctor and tell them what's happening, they should be able to provide you with a lot of different solutions to try out

ReputationRep:
    See your Doctor? It is clearly a medical condition; there's no need to be embarrassed.

(Original post by sadie-kiki)
    on the embarrassing illnesses programme there was a section about some teenage guys who had this problem - if you go to the doctor and tell them what's happening, they should be able to provide you with a lot of different solutions to try out
    ok thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    No i dont drink any form of caffiene at all, so i doubt its related to that. More likely to be down to the fact that i did not go to the toilet before i went to bed. May be psychological, i'll see what my doc says. Thanks for your help.
    The more you worry about it the worse you get. Don't worry, your probably just paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    Have you got any other conditions that the bed wetting could be linked to?
    You should have a chat with your GP to see if there is a physical cause to it.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Have you been under any unusual stress? If you have a history of bed wetting, abnormal stress could potentially trigger it again.

i used to be a regular bed wetter til about year 7/8
    and then it kinda went away. i went to the doctors and they jus told me to stop drinkin coffee/tea (which i didnt do) and coke type drinks. they wernt very helpful but i did find out its a psycological thing (excuse my spelling)

ReputationRep:
    Nappies?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.