The Student Room Group

Women Are Getting More Beautiful Apparently

'FOR the female half of the population, it may bring a satisfied smile. Scientists have found that evolution is driving women to become ever more beautiful, while men remain as aesthetically unappealing as their caveman ancestors."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/article6727710.ece

If this is true then I feel sorry for the cavemen because they must have been much better looking than cavewomen who must have been really ugly if it took women this long to get to where they are. Only joking... but I think it might just be the make up, not so much evolution.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Beauty is subjective and relative, thus this statement can never be correct nor incorrect.
Reply 2
"Graham Mitchell wrote:
Women are getting more beautiful? Yes. And alcohol is getting stronger...
July 26, 2009 6:11 AM BST"

:rofl:
"race" mixing ftw.
I
Do you know the other week I saw for the first time in months an actual beautiful woman? six foot at least she was, blonde, perfect shaped breasts and arse. She was very eyecatching.And because I was across the street I was able to perve for about five minutes without anyone being the wizer. However blokes driving past in their cars were far less subtle. In fact she nearly caused a car crash at one point.Even women were staring at her.THAT is how rare goodlooking women are.

So this study is a load of bollox. And I love the way they subtly slag off men.Who done this study ,dykes and liberal wooly jumper wearing men I bet.
xTazx
"race" mixing ftw.

And thats pc bollox too. The best looking people are scandinavians pure breds not half breeds.Always have been.
Ministerdonut
And thats pc bollox too. The best looking people are scandinavians pure breds not half breeds.Always have been.

my mate is half norwegian and half asian.

and fit as.
Reply 7
Make up and plastic surgery.... Thats all im going to say
woman in england have pathetic jaw-lines on the whole, definitely in the poor.
How are they measuring beauty?
well when you have an inch of foundation, silicon-based mammary glands and buttocks implants, it's the least you expect
Reply 11
The study was only done in America, in other cultures such as India I'm sure completely different results would be found, seeing as they have a somewhat different attitude to have kids (they have way more). But this seems reasonable for American/western cultures.
Hugh-Jackman
woman in england have pathetic jaw-lines on the whole, definitely in the poor.

that's because they have a layer of fat around their jaw lines :awesome:

ima kidding
Reply 13
Good news for us guys then; according to the study good looks count for nothing for us so we needn't bother trying to look hansom.
how do you measure "beauty"? :s-smilie:
unless they're measuring beauty by orangeness or silicon to flesh ratio I don't think that's right
symmetry, plus there is specific proportions that are asthetically pleasing.
Reply 17
Well.. we all know the population is getting beautiful because research done now compared to 1940's is way different. Perhaps in the 2050, all women will have straight teeth and veener like teeth also. As for guys..well majority guys don't bother with those. We'd rather bulk up to look like Hulk and yes, men starting to look the part of bigger and stronger.
xTazx
my mate is half norwegian and half asian.

and fit as.

Yeah mixed race girls tend to be very interesting looking.

Reply 19
emilyjane_09
how do you measure "beauty"? :s-smilie:

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest.:yes:

Latest

Trending

Trending