Turn on thread page Beta

Women Are Getting More Beautiful Apparently watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Lol, are we? Because I'm not!! Damnit...

ReputationRep:
    Natural selection isn't happening any more because of medicine and politics and loads of other reasons which I wont go into.

Women aren't getting more beautiful... they just have time to make themselves look pretty instead of worrying about that great big pack of wolves that's on the loose or when they are next going to get a nice bit of wolly mammoth to chew on.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they meant "bootyful". I blame McDonalds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyjane_09)
    was that meant to be funny? :confused:
    lol, no - that is just generally how you rate things.

ReputationRep:
    I would agree with this actually

ever tried jerking off to women in a history textbook??? literally impossible

ReputationRep:
    "Their attractiveness was assessed" - I wonder how?

ReputationRep:
    What a pile of pseudoscientific crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    Lol, are we? Because I'm not!! Damnit...
    Someone has to do it: Lies!

Those scientists were just looking for a subject to study beautiful women anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    And thats pc bollox too. The best looking people are scandinavians pure breds not half breeds.Always have been.
    That's what i've always thought - Scandinavian girls are the best looking. But a lot of my friends, the so called 'pure breeds' that you refer to always refer to Eurasians as the best looking, using myself as an example. It really is a subjective matter.

ReputationRep:
    Also in the news: Men are getting more blind apparently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Ferdi)
    Well of course people are more beautiful, I don't particularly find our homoerectus ancestors that sexy... Do you? But males too are more attractive, and that whole rich male part is just agreeing with Richard Dawkins the selfish gene. But I also believe our ancestors would find todays women very unattractive possibly even smelly, as will we probably find that the females in 100 million years look weird too us.
    The human race isn't going to survive 100 million years, with the use of resources and global warming. It will be lucky to survive 500. But I get what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. I think we all look better now.

Oliver Cronwell. http://www.peterborough.gov.uk/image...20Cromwell.JPG

Medival woman http://www.csupomona.edu/~plin/ls201...dwoman_big.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el scorcho)
    I would agree with this actually

ever tried jerking off to women in a history textbook??? literally impossible
    Never heard of it either. But it's not like the Sun, is it? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    woman in england have pathetic jaw-lines on the whole, definitely in the poor.
    jaw lines? what does a good jaw line (to you) look like?
    im not being sarcastic... just curious!

ReputationRep:
    Barely any British women are naturally attractive. They actively become it.

I think in this country there's becoming a bigger divide, the hot are getting hotter because of various reasons, and the average - ugly are just getting fatter.
    Most chavy women I see now are overweight.

ReputationRep:
    pathetic typical poor brit female jaw-line

good jaw-line

(Original post by geetar)
    What a pile of pseudoscientific crap.
    Ach, 'pseudoscientific' is a bit harsh. It's just application of some basic principles to a statistical study they've done. It's not particularly good science, true, but it does just about qualify.

ReputationRep:
    woman in england have pathetic jaw-lines on the whole, definitely in the poor.
    Just curious, what is a perfect jawline on a woman??

And as a reply to this thread:

There's this "babyface" theory that guys like girls with big foreheads (not huge huge, just slightly larger than normal), big eyes and a small mouth/jaw. I learnt about it at a Psychology Lecture :ahee:

ReputationRep:

good jaw-line

ooh ok i see what you mean now... well, the woman with no jaw line is just a bit chubby from having a baby im guessing... if she loses it she'll probably get her jaw line back?

ReputationRep:

good jaw-line

She seems a little chubby, maybe if she lost some weight her jaw line would stand out more. :woo:

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.