Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazija)
    ooh ok i see what you mean now... well, the woman with no jaw line is just a bit chubby from having a baby im guessing... if she loses it she'll probably get her jaw line back?
    you say that like she'll instantly look fabulous as soon as she gets her jaw-line back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HEJ92)
    Just curious, what is a perfect jawline on a woman??

And as a reply to this thread:

There's this "babyface" theory that guys like girls with big foreheads (not huge huge, just slightly larger than normal), big eyes and a small mouth/jaw. I learnt about it at a Psychology Lecture :ahee:
    I know the look you mean, not my cup of tea. In japanese girls these features are common.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HEJ92)
    Just curious, what is a perfect jawline on a woman??

And as a reply to this thread:

There's this "babyface" theory that guys like girls with big foreheads (not huge huge, just slightly larger than normal), big eyes and a small mouth/jaw. I learnt about it at a Psychology Lecture :ahee:
    quite a few of my male friends told me they liked girls with cutesy looks, who can turn on 'sexy' whenever they want... the examples they gave me were jessica alba and christina milian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el scorcho)
    you say that like she'll instantly look fabulous as soon as she gets her jaw-line back
    hahah. lil bit of weight loss and makeup, she could look alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazija)
    ooh ok i see what you mean now... well, the woman with no jaw line is just a bit chubby from having a baby im guessing... if she loses it she'll probably get her jaw line back?
    Yes bodyfat does have an effect, but you have to have a decent jaw in the first place. I'll show you with blokes. Admittedly strong jaw-line is seen as more attractive in males, but i think woman should have a relatively strong jaw-line. I think a lot of woman in the country have very weak jaw-lines. Maybe where i live, the midlands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    I
    Do you know the other week I saw for the first time in months an actual beautiful woman? six foot at least she was, blonde, perfect shaped breasts and arse. She was very eyecatching.And because I was across the street I was able to perve for about five minutes without anyone being the wizer. However blokes driving past in their cars were far less subtle. In fact she nearly caused a car crash at one point.Even women were staring at her.THAT is how rare goodlooking women are.
    Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome? (AIS) A lot of stunningly beautiful models have AIS. It's interesting how perfectly beautiful women aren't actually 'women' at all. "They exhibit secondary sexual characteristics like anyone else, including the physical ones (breasts and a vagina). The difference is that the vagina is not connected to the uterus, because there is no uterus. Instead, there are internal testes, as you would find in a male£

As for women becoming more beautiful, it's not a very reliable study, I mean, beauty is subjective as someone mentioned before. Plus it depends on culture. However, yeah mixed raced people can be ridiculously beautiful. Also you gotta bear in mind there's plastic surgery, false hair/eyelashes/false everything, make up and photoshop nowadays. I don't think there will be stunning women and average looking men in the future, because surely 'beauty genes' are passed on to men as well as women. This study is bull.

ReputationRep:
    Karen. Matthews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    survival of the FITtest, literally
    Not really, government hand outs means the poor wasters in this country breed like rats passing on their ugly/stupid genetics too many kids, who then breed like rats.

Hard working intelligent people have to pay massive mortgages and work long hours so can't really afford many kids.

It will all come clear in about 30 years time.

It should be survival of the fittest, but government hand outs put a stop to that.

Darwin even said back in the day that they got to stop throwing loaves of bread to the poor because they're not killing off the weak and allowing the strong to keep on breeding and the weak to die out. Hospitals are keeping the weak alive as well.

ReputationRep:
    tbh I agree, women are so fit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    'FOR the female half of the population, it may bring a satisfied smile. Scientists have found that evolution is driving women to become ever more beautiful, while men remain as aesthetically unappealing as their caveman ancestors."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6727710.ece

If this is true then I feel sorry for the cavemen because they must have been much better looking than cavewomen who must have been really ugly if it took women this long to get to where they are. Only joking... but I think it might just be the make up, not so much evolution.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.....:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xwardax)
    Make up and plastic surgery.... Thats all im going to say
    Exactly what I was going to type.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    Beauty is subjective and relative, thus this statement can never be correct nor incorrect.
    Beauty can be objective, see beauty and social psychology.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had a good jaw line :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    I wish I had a good jaw line :nothing:

could be worse :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    Beauty can be objective, see beauty and social psychology.
    Sadly I believe that the idea of objectivity is merely subjective desire that can never truly come to fruition, because everything is subjective in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james_dow)

could be worse :awesome:
    Lol, s/he looks like Sharon Osbourne :eek:

ReputationRep:
    from wat i saw last nite at my bar, i think u mite b rite.

ReputationRep:
    Someone made a good point earlier. The availabilty of many kinds of plastic surgery, albeit for a high financial cost means some women will be able to make themselves highly attractive, certainly better than what they were given through genetics. However we keep hearing how the rich-poor divide is ever increasing.Which means it will only be a small minority of women this study applies (if there is anything in it at all) too at least in this country.

As I think we all agree, that the average woman in the uk anyway is getting bigger and fatter, has to work even if married because you nearly always need two incomes now,perhaps has kids, so will have little time to exercise, will not have the money for expensive surgeries , and basically have less time to preen herself and eat a sensible diet. And diet is key, feasting on ready meals every days will not give you a great body. Which is another part of the rich-poor divide. Many poor people simply cannot afford to eat properly and spend what money they have for food on turkey twisslers.Which they feed their kids on too.

So I really think this study is basically rubbish.And not only that what one person finds beautiful another doesn't .The people who did it, just did it to get their names in the paper and justify their budget. They often already have a conclusion in mind and use various data to prove it. It's happened before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She_said)
    Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome? (AIS) A lot of stunningly beautiful models have AIS. It's interesting how perfectly beautiful women aren't actually 'women' at all. "They exhibit secondary sexual characteristics like anyone else, including the physical ones (breasts and a vagina). The difference is that the vagina is not connected to the uterus, because there is no uterus. Instead, there are internal testes, as you would find in a male£

As for women becoming more beautiful, it's not a very reliable study, I mean, beauty is subjective as someone mentioned before. Plus it depends on culture. However, yeah mixed raced people can be ridiculously beautiful. Also you gotta bear in mind there's plastic surgery, false hair/eyelashes/false everything, make up and photoshop nowadays. I don't think there will be stunning women and average looking men in the future, because surely 'beauty genes' are passed on to men as well as women. This study is bull.
    So basically myself and a load of other blokes (some of whom were builders, sure they would love to hear this news) were drooling after a kind of extremely passable ******?. Excellent.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, pop science...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.