Turn on thread page Beta

your first love... watch

keep anon or delete, friends etc view this

my question is, do you ever fall out of love with your first true love? Do you ever lose the feelings that you had for that person even when in a new long term relationship some time in the future?

I think you always have some feelings for your first love. I personally never forget about mine, although I am not in love with him anymore. I guess it's hard to get over him completly as he was my first and it meant alot. You never forget your first, right?

I'm not in love with him anymore, but I do love him lots. We're quite close friends and he's very special to me.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think you ever fall out of love with them, but the love changes for them, you always have some feelings for them but they are not the feelings that are needed for a relationship. (if that makes sense)

ReputationRep:
    I thought i was in love with my first boyfriend, but now i am so sure that the only guy ive ever actually loved is my current boyfriend. I hope i never break up with him :love:

ReputationRep:
    My first love turned out to be a *******. So I could be a bit biased. I think part of me will still love him in a way - the few times I've had to speak to him, and we've both been civil and had a conversation were really nice. It made me forget for a moment what an idiot he had been, but then I remembered and hated him again

I think you do lose those feelings, but you never quite forget, and its easy to feel a shadow of them if you talk to them again.

ReputationRep:
    I never met him, he lives in London. It was a classic met-him-on-the-internet situation, I was 14 and he told me he was 17. Found out two years later that he's 28 and now has a child. Even though he lied to me so severely, I'll still have feelings for him but I've definitely moved on.

I count that as my first love, but because we never met no-one takes that seriously. The only other guy I've been in love with actually lives in the same country as me haha, and I guess that was a lot more real considering I was physically with him. I still love him and I think I'll always have feelings for him because I feel like we never fully gave it a shot and it's a missed opportunity in a way. I've been with several guys since him, but I always think about him. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I'm still with my first love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapturedSoul)
    I'm still with my first love.
    You're lucky!!

ReputationRep:
    think residual feelings are always there for me but i realised there are many fish in the sea (gag..) and just because she was the nicest fish i'd seen at that point didn't mean there weren't **** loads of other sweet fish that i'd like more.

once i got the same feeling again i realised its just an important rite of passage

ReputationRep:
    I think you will always have feelings for them in some way, even after a bad break up you will eventually get over them and remember the good times. but yeah I dont think you will ever forget them as they have been apart of an important part of your life.

ReputationRep:
    well ive never been with a second yet, so thats the reason why i still miss my first love. Although i'll admit one thing, ive lost my feelings for her (which i find to be pretty sad) yet a part of me still holds some feelings for her and i dont think i'll ever be able to forget her.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a little, but I'm well past thinking will ever happen again between us

ReputationRep:
    i knwi that if i ever spoke to him i would hate him, well probably, but the person he was when il oved him, and the person i was when i loved him, i still love that desperately.

ReputationRep:
    I won't forget him, but do I have feelings for him in any way? No. I wouldn't be with him again cos I'm over it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    No. Your first love is just that.

I wouldn't go out with him again (to be fair, he does live in America!) but I'm now in a relationship with the best boyfriend in the world anyway
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I think the love is there and always will be, but it's not romantic love anymore. Instead just a shell of what was once romanic love maybe. Maybe it's just me, because I bet it depends on how the relationship was and how it ends but it's what I think.

I know I'll always love my first love, even though he doesn't love me.

I will never ever fall out of love with my first love. Even if he will never love me.

ReputationRep:
    I love the memories of him and our time together, but no longer him. We've both changed so much that the guy I loved doesn't really exist anymore.
    Right, I'm going to take my cliches away now. Sorry :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.