Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I accept my offer? 6pm deadline today! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarve99)
    My friends who are left i.e not at uni all think I did the right thing. It's just they're idiots. I was saying, I hope not going to university doesn't limit my ability to meet new similiar minded people.

What's done is done. On the up side, I'll be able to buy my self the upgrade from my SRi to a GTi in april .

And thanks appreciate it
    I cant see how not going to a certain uni/uni at all will stop you meeting similar minded people. Theres friends at college, work and the other uni (Trent) fresher if you go. Oh and of course TSR :p:

Woot for the update

ReputationRep:
    You guys scarying me >.<

The deadline is 6pm today - 27th July.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tombola)
    You guys scarying me >.<

The deadline is 6pm today - 27th July.

Please please please pick Sheffield. You need to learn to live life without the security of money, how to live on absolute basics, and how to do things carefree. Your friends may have all been rich when they went to uni, but there is soooo many people who aren't rich who go... i.e me! My parents income has gone from a comfy 30 grand to below 15 grand, because my dad has a medical condition which means he can't work anymore. I went from having support for when I go to uni, to full dependancy on loans this coming september. But I don't care because I'm going to make friends, further myself to the best of my ability by going to a good uni, and learn how to live off practically nothing.

You will still have all this experience from this company, which is still above and beyond which many people have. And you can of course still go into doing biology related things! If you're earning £5.65 an hour, there are plenty of jobs which are similar in wages that you can get at uni, which you can use to supplement part of your lifestyle. Hell, I work at Sainsburys, and I get £6.12 an hour.

GO TO SHEFFIELD. I visited a friend there and its really nice :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's too late. I hate life for putting me in these situations. The first time I meet god, Ima head butt him.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm. On track, it still says I can reply. Is this irrelevant since I missed the deadline, or does track usually stop me from being allowed?

ReputationRep:
    If you can still apply. You might as well do so. Deadline should have finished at 6pm today though.

ReputationRep:
    I can still accept/decline the offer, it says.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    I can still accept/decline the offer, it says.
    If you want to firm something and it's still giving you the option then do it! You can't keep teasing yourself with 'what ifs' until the decision is taken out of your hands.

ReputationRep:
    I can't bring myself to make the commitment. Seems like too big a deal and a change. Quite unreal a change from my easy going consistant lifestyle. Maybe that's why it sucks.

ReputationRep:
    I really think I want to go university. It's not just the money holding me back overall here though. I chose Chemistry since I was doing it at Corus and thought why not. I only applied the night before June 30th to uni as a backup incase the job failed.

I secretly want to go to university, make a huge change to get in to life and out of this flunk and routine. I MUST develop as a person and I can't do it here I think. Quite fearful of change though. Also, I can't imagine studing Chemistry full time I'll be honest. My interests like in the Biological side mostly. So Sheffield to me in this case respresents my way out and forwards in terms of my self, but I'm held back by money AND the incling that the degree will bore me.

Ideally, I'd study a course with a Biological centre, without being scared to make the leap AND have lots of money. lol.

ReputationRep:
    I really think I want to go university. It's not just the money holding me back overall here though. I chose Chemistry since I was doing it at Corus and thought why not. I only applied the night before June 30th to uni as a backup incase the job failed.

I secretly want to go to university, make a huge change to get in to life and out of this flunk and routine. I MUST develop as a person and I can't do it here I think. Quite fearful of change though. Also, I can't imagine studing Chemistry full time I'll be honest. My interests like in the Biological side mostly. So Sheffield to me in this case respresents my way out and forwards in terms of my self, but I'm held back by money AND the incling that the degree will bore me.

Ideally, I'd study a course with a Biological centre, without being scared to make the leap AND have lots of money. lol.
    Why not do Biochemistry? Best of both worlds lol. If your grades are AAA/AAB standard you can apply to somewhere like imperial which are very reputable AND have the work experience year where you should get paid, so then you could have the money, the reputable uni, the uni experience, the course you want to do and the job prospects (many imperial grads will be snapped right up especially with work experience and quite a few companies employ those who have previously worked for them in their sandwich year). If you cant see yourself doing chemistry full time then why do it? Do what you really want to do.
    You have to make sure that you are guarenteed a job after your degree if you go with the nott trent option. It should be in writing as the company in a few years time can just decide to drop you. Also can you really cope with a full time job AND a demanding degree??

Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.