Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Plan for tuition fees to hit £7,000 a year watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle6727699.ece

What impact will this have on you/your younger siblings?

ReputationRep:
    My bro just slips under the radar so none :p:

ReputationRep:
    They have some ridiculous figures...

It was 10, 20k at one time...:lolwut:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    The plans for tuition fees have been fluctuating between £15000, keeping them where they are, getting rid of them or somewhere in between for a while... I think we should wait until people actually make their minds up before panicking. But either way, if this plan comes into force in 2013, then I'll have escaped with 1 year's leeway (the last year of my degree will be '11/'12).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    The plans for tuition fees have been fluctuating between £15000, keeping them where they are, getting rid of them or somewhere in between for a while... I think we should wait until people actually make their minds up before panicking. But either way, if this plan comes into force in 2013, then I'll have escaped with 1 year's leeway (the last year of my degree will be '11/'12).
    I wouldn't change for people already in the system, only for people starting new degrees

ReputationRep:
    I've already hate quite a debate on here about this :p:

ReputationRep:
    its really unfair because it hits the poorest the highest and does nothing for class divide.
    rich kids who already have their school fees paid, it will make no difference. but if you have to get out a loan then you might not bother and settle for a worse job

ReputationRep:
    lol Lord Mandelson...says it all really.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.