Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No ones going to let you hire any kind of car at 17, unless you pay handsomely for it!

If you want to have some fun in a car, buy yourself a cheap old MX-5 or BMW (£300-1k) and go to some trackdays, or make friends with someone who has access to private tarmac'd or paved land, farmers, airfields etc.

Best advice really is to spend your money on driver training days etc. Even if you have a 1.0 micra now, you still won't be driving it to the best of its ability, guaranteed. Once you have perfected controlled lift off oversteer in whatever fwd hatch you have now, then someone might let you borrow something tasty.

ReputationRep:
    For 150k I might let you drive my new DB9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steeps)
    For 150k I might let you drive my new DB9
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

YOU HAVE A DB9?

I love that car...:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Gotta be 21 to hire any car, but I've seen many companies that only hire cars to 25+.

So erh... good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GorgeousMatt)
    No ones going to let you hire any kind of car at 17, unless you pay handsomely for it!

If you want to have some fun in a car, buy yourself a cheap old MX-5 or BMW (£300-1k) and go to some trackdays, or make friends with someone who has access to private tarmac'd or paved land, farmers, airfields etc.

Best advice really is to spend your money on driver training days etc. Even if you have a 1.0 micra now, you still won't be driving it to the best of its ability, guaranteed. Once you have perfected controlled lift off oversteer in whatever fwd hatch you have now, then someone might let you borrow something tasty.
    Any particular trackdays you recommend? And most of us don't know someone with private land... or at least, not well enough to let us use the car on it!

ReputationRep:
    lol im 18!today is my birthday. and being 18 isnt that enuf? I have a license too in my country and i have cars hired for rent at this age. Wtf 25! anyways cant i get atleast a normal car? like real normal1?

ReputationRep:
    wwow i checked this website http://www.azuresupercarhire.com/, Its cheap, bmw335i for 125 pounds per day only!!!!!!!!!!!!billy pilgrim im not black guy nor a racist. So whos having DB9? And about training, i had enuf training. We have pursuits over here. Why so hard to have rent car at 18 altho im ready to pay even if i damage it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheV)
    Any particular trackdays you recommend? And most of us don't know someone with private land... or at least, not well enough to let us use the car on it!
    The ones held on the track nearest your house? Have a quick search on google, they're held all over the place.

Yeah that's why I said 'make friends' with someone with access to land, ie. find them and befriend them with the intention of using their land.

OP, if you're willing to pay if you damage the car then why not just buy something nice? You can pick up nice motors over here for very little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)

YOU HAVE A DB9?

I love that car...:woo:
    No, but if you re-read my post... if someone was paying me 150k I would go and buy a DB9, then I would have a DB9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steeps)
    No, but if you re-read my post... if someone was paying me 150k I would go and buy a DB9, then I would have a DB9
    Oh yeah...:rolleyes:

I'll do the same as this guy OP...:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GorgeousMatt)
    The ones held on the track nearest your house? Have a quick search on google, they're held all over the place.

Yeah that's why I said 'make friends' with someone with access to land, ie. find them and befriend them with the intention of using their land.

OP, if you're willing to pay if you damage the car then why not just buy something nice? You can pick up nice motors over here for very little.
    There's a few tracks around here, but I meant if there's any novice days anywhere that you've been to and would recommend? Same for driver training, the likes of Don Palmer are quite expensive and even then the cheapest are like £250 for half a day!

As for airfields/car parks after closing hours... hmm :P

ReputationRep:
    im not getting answer wat im expecting tho

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.