Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm really frustrated at the minute. Race related. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    Black girls don't hang around outside chicken shops.
    This :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressworthy)
    What's that supposed to mean? =/ I'm surprised nobody's picked up on that, because that's the sort of attitude you need to lose. In a multicultural society, perhaps the other people there also feel as though Britain is their home, particularly if they were born there? I mean, going by what you say, people who are of foreign ancestry but born and brought up in the UK and pretty much completely British also feel like a minority in their own country on a daily basis...
    ... shut up? It's all I can think to say to such a profoundly unnecessary rant about racism... or whatever it was about. O.o

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, this isn't some sick gimmick but i feel really frustrated. I have developed a massive attraction to black girls and there are none around my area, where is there a high concentration of these girls? I have only ever experienced going out with white girls but its just something about black girls that makes me very sexually excited, take this seriously please.
    Anyways care to explain this attraction to black girls? I don't find them sexy at all... too violent and aggressive! Where's the love? D: Obviously I'm generalizing but so were you so :P

ReputationRep:
    Lets name areas where there are many black girls? I'll go driving around with a pen and paper and binoculars and come back and list some areas.

Sheesh, what a joke

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Tottenham has a lot of black people.

Where you go in Finchley... i live near there.
    north finchley mainly just by the tube station

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    Anyways care to explain this attraction to black girls? I don't find them sexy at all... too violent and aggressive! Where's the love? D: Obviously I'm generalizing but so were you so :P
    And a very unfair one too. Generalising one race in a bad manner gets you nowhere, I don't understand why people do that :rolleyes:

Anyway, OP, there are some nice black girls and some tough ones. Go to South East London (no, you won't automatically get stabbed). Go to uni in London, or something. Is it just black, or mixed race girls too (we can be beautiful as well )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
    north finchley mainly just by the tube station

There is no 'North Finchley' Tube Station, so I'm guessing that you're talking about either West Finchley or Woodside Park?

Anyway, what is it with all these people from Finchley all of a sudden, that's where I live. Not looking forward to taking the girls to nursery today, bloody awful weather...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressworthy)
    What's that supposed to mean? =/ I'm surprised nobody's picked up on that, because that's the sort of attitude you need to lose. In a multicultural society, perhaps the other people there also feel as though Britain is their home, particularly if they were born there? I mean, going by what you say, people who are of foreign ancestry but born and brought up in the UK and pretty much completely British also feel like a minority in their own country on a daily basis...

This is such a pointless argument. It doesn't matter if people 'feel British' if your skin is white and you are the only white person on a full bus you are a minority on that bus. If you are black and you are the only black person on a full bus you are a minority on that bus.

As much as you can eat fish and chips or whatever it actually means to be 'British'** you can't lose your skin colour and it's stupid and damaging to tell people they should ignore it, because it's an inherent feeling when you know you look different from the people around you. Your skin is a part of who you are, your largest organ, and it's colour carries all sorts of connotations good and bad depending on where you are in the globe. Whether you like it or not that's a fact. It's not something PC attitudes are ever going to break and trying to just frustrates people.

When you go abroad and you're the only white person you stand out and often people call and heckle to you, it's quite alienating, but not really a problem as you know you're a guest in that country. You don't want that feeling of standing out in your own country because it's just not that pleasant and the British/European ethnicity is white, so obviously this is why kat2pult said that it feels strange to be a minority in her own country.

** just to add to the point I made above about 'feeling British' a lot of people don't act what is considered to be traditionally British and so this also alienates people who live in diverse areas that their own country doesn't feel how they perceive it should. It's not 'racist' and it's not necessarily an attitude they should lose, it's a culture clash.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if people understood what I was saying. I wasn't (at least, not intentionally) trying to be overly PC. Just pointing out that those who may have a different skin colour, but are second or third-generation Brits and may feel completely British still often feel the way kat2pult described - as a minority in their own country. But I guess that's the way things are.

ReputationRep:
    OP just venture out to meet girls not a black one or a white one or you will quickly find that your intentions influence your behaviour and backfires

On another note all my black and mixed race female friends only date black guys. I am the only one who has dated outside my race and I am considered strange by my friends

It is also wise to note that different types of black girls hang out in different locations

ReputationRep:
    Black girls don't hang around outside chicken shops.
    It was a joke.

Stereotypically, black people like their chicken.

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    It was a joke.

Stereotypically, black people like their chicken.

:getmecoat:
    I understood the joke.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.