Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting to hear what accommodation I've got but have been following posts from those who've heard. Just interested to know if anyone has been given Fairfield, Lambert or Victoria Hall yet? Don't remember these being mentioned by anyone. I don't think I'll be lucky enough to get any of these, but it would be good to know someone from here has!

ReputationRep:
    ive applied for them too. Not heard yet which one i've got maybe because i havent got my results yet

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for victoria hall.
    It's in the nicer of the three locations.

ReputationRep:
    Fairfield and Lambert are really massive dives.
    Victoria is the better of the three.

Fairfield and Lambert are fine and a great location for the city centre. I don't really see the attraction of Victoria Hall - one side is close to campus but it is very dodgy out the back.

ReputationRep:
    i've just been offered a place at victoria hall! are you going in spet 09?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maddieseager)
    i've just been offered a place at victoria hall! are you going in spet 09?
    congrats! was it your first choice? and have u alredi got ur results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazzzzz)
    congrats! was it your first choice? and have u alredi got ur results?
    no it wasnt any of my choices and i dntthink its a very gd one!
    i got my results cos i did the international baccalaurate so im in!

ReputationRep:
    I went to see Lambert and Fairfield on the accommodation open day and personally I thought they were horrible. I thought they'd be really nice from what I read but to be honest they were pretty grim and just a bit depressing. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure there's a lot of people that like them! I haven't seen Victoria but I can't imagine it would be any worse than the other two....:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbabydeex)
    I went to see Lambert and Fairfield on the accommodation open day and personally I thought they were horrible. I thought they'd be really nice from what I read but to be honest they were pretty grim and just a bit depressing. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure there's a lot of people that like them! I haven't seen Victoria but I can't imagine it would be any worse than the other two....:p:
    Lambert's my first choice. Now I'm worried. Everyone really seems to like Weston which is my second.

Just met my conditions. Havent heard anything about the accommodation yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undertaky)
    Lambert's my first choice. Now I'm worried. Everyone really seems to like Weston which is my second.

Just met my conditions. Havent heard anything about the accommodation yet
    Please don't worry from what I've said, that's just my opinion!! Personally, Lambert wasn't my sort of accommodation but apparently it's quite popular so there must be loads of people who love it there!!
    Plus, there's no point worrying yet anyway, it's meant to be oversubscribed which means theres a good chance you might not get put there anyway! I got my third choice for accommodation so you never know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbabydeex)
    Please don't worry from what I've said, that's just my opinion!! Personally, Lambert wasn't my sort of accommodation but apparently it's quite popular so there must be loads of people who love it there!!
    Plus, there's no point worrying yet anyway, it's meant to be oversubscribed which means theres a good chance you might not get put there anyway! I got my third choice for accommodation so you never know
    Haha thank you. I've heard a lot about how Lambert and Fairfield are really awful. But then I guess worrying about accommodation is pointless right now. I'm more concerned about getting my visa letter. Although I just hope I get a decent sized clean room. With closet space. Thats all I need =P

ReputationRep:
    i have also applied for the accomodation but didnt get any result of it i didnit know when will be they provide a good accomodation for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markwaugh008)
    i have also applied for the accomodation but didnt get any result of it i didnit know when will be they provide a good accomodation for me.
    Hi,

A few questions so that we can help you better
    - are you referring to an application for university owned halls? Bear in mind that Lambert & Fairfield is now private halls.
    - are you an undergraduate or postgraduate?
    - are you a UK, EU or international student?
    - did you apply for accommodation before or after August 31st?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.