Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

official *SHY GIRLS,do boys like them or not?* Watch

ReputationRep:
    Shyness is all well and good, but if a girl's so shy she barely speaks then that's obviously going to be offputting. I like girls who are shy and then open up as they get to know me though.

ReputationRep:
    Shy with confidence will do me fine.

ReputationRep:
    me no like shy girls, mostly cos im quite shy and i dont know how we would hook up, get to know each other, etc. if we were both too shy!
    haha i had this problem!
    im very shy and i tend to fancy shy boys, hence it never happens.

buttt in answer to the OP! in a non big headed way im never short of male attention :P so they musttt like shy girls! think it makes em feel more in control.

(Original post by la fille danse)
    Guys always say that they like shy girls, but how many of them actually bother making an effort to get to know them? Not many.
    EXACTLY!
    adn they just give up form the 1st time they see them.
    wouldn't you give a 2nd chance or something?or just ask for her number to talk a bit through msgs after u meet up again?

ReputationRep:
    I like a shy girl more than a loud mouthy one. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'm madly in love my girlfriend, and she is definitely someone who would have been regarded as shy, or at least very quiet.

ReputationRep:
    Yes yes yes. Yes we do. Well, I do.

ReputationRep:
    Introverts that can handle themselves in a 1 on 1 conversation are as good as it gets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    EXACTLY!
    adn they just give up form the 1st time they see them.
    wouldn't you give a 2nd chance or something?or just ask for her number to talk a bit through msgs after u meet up again?
    I do. Well I try to but it is not always so easy.

If I was to strike up a conversation with a girl, it would at least be because I want to at least be friends. If I, for some reason think that she may not be interested, I'd rather not push it and ruin a possibly great friendship. A shy girl may be less likely to let her feelings be known. Of course the problem with this is that you can end up in the friend zone very easily.

ReputationRep:
    Short answer: Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I do :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh wow)
    Some do, some don't.
    [/thread]

The hotness factor affects it, majorly.

ReputationRep:
    I have no preference.

ReputationRep:
    im a bit shy but alcohol changes that, and i don't really care who the predator is as long as the action is available

ReputationRep:
    i'm fun and outspoken when i'm with people i feel comfortable around, like certain people i know, we'd stand in a street and shout "BOGEY" and i woudn't care what people thought
    but if i didn't feel comfy around the person i'd be shy and whatnot

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer a shy girl to a loud-mouth any day of the week.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like shy girls, but I'm not especially extrovert myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    i'm fun and outspoken when i'm with people i feel comfortable around, like certain people i know, we'd stand in a street and shout "BOGEY" and i woudn't care what people thought
    but if i didn't feel comfy around the person i'd be shy and whatnot
    I'm like that, around a hot girl I don't know I'm terrible.

Yet at the same time I used to play a game called Vaginal Discharge - a lot like Bogeys - in the college canteen. The idea being that the first person shouts "Vaginal!" and a second person shouts "Discharge!" even louder ... yes, the words were picked to be deliberately vulgar so as it would be even more embarrassing (in deliberate contrast to Bogeys, where shouting "bogey" is relatively tame by comparison) we also had a similar one called "Anal Leakage", you can probably work the rest out for yourself.

Yes, I realise how immature it was, the point is that I could play ridiculous, childish games like that, and get the entire canteen looking in our direction, yet I could barely even move my facial muscles around a hot girl :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkLight18)
    Im quite shy and would like to meet a shy girl, but it doesnt seem to be too easy.
    ditto

would you chose a quite shy girl who talks when necessary like not can't stop talking,quite funny when u get to know her better, more gorgeous,tall,lean, cute face,sexy curves,over one who can't stop talking/lauging and who thinks she is awesome,who had plenty of bf's though she is only 17,also who is available to everyone,a very very short like 5'1,not that great figure,who wears make up alll the time like a slut lol?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.