Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been accepted to both strathclyde and Glasgow to do business and management and it looks like business technology and marketing at strathclyde. Last year I went to Glasgow and did computing science and loved everything about the uni except the course I was doing!

I'm having a really hard time deciding which uni to choose - I know strathclyde's business school has a much better reputation than glasgow but I think that glasgow has the better reputation as a university on the whole. I really like glasgows location and all the buildings and everything, whereas strathclyde's campus didn't impress me that much.

What's everyone's opinions, because I badly need help deciding!

Sorry if there's many typos, i'm on my phone!

ReputationRep:
    From your post alone it sounds like you would rather go to Glasgow..

ReputationRep:
    Sounds to me like you'll enjoy Glasgow a lot more than Strathclyde...

ReputationRep:
    I do think I'd enjoy Glasgow a lot more, I'm just really worried incase I make a mistake in choosing a uni this time again.

Would the better reputation strathclyde's business school have actually do much outside of Glasgow (or Scotland). Surely more people will have heard of Glasgow, being a more prestigious uni, therefore making a degree from there still quite impressive, despite the business school not being as good as strathclyde?

ReputationRep:
    Well if you had to leave before because of the course, imagine having to leave because you didn't like the uni this time! You already know you like Glasgow so I would say that this is much more of a safe bet! And you alreadu know you're not keen on the other choice so it sounds like you could regret it if you don't go to Glasgow.

Imo, forget reputations and go to the uni that you feel you would fit in better at. This would probably lead to better reults anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Go to Glasgow since you are already fitted in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark-lg)
    did computing science and loved everything about the uni except the course I was doing!
    May i ask why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newman24x)
    May i ask why?
    It just wasn't for me, I couldn't really do it at all tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow you obviously sound happy there why change that

ReputationRep:
    If I accept a UCAS offer can I pull out after I've accepted?

I'm already a student at Glasgow so I just have to submit a form to say that I'm going back to Uni and everything, but the problem is the adviser of studies isn't in his office til Monday, so I want to accept this offer incase I can't get into Glasgow (I should though)

Can I do this?

ReputationRep:
    You have 8 minutes to make your decision :P

ReputationRep:
    sounds like u made ur decision in ur post

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.