Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

youtube copyright restrictions on massa crash Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi i was interested to see footage of the crash that Massa had in the Formula 1 in hungary, but all the videos say i can't watch them because of copyright restrictions in my country.

Surely the whole point of youtube is to allow people to watch anything regardless of what is posted and prevent this ****.

Why does youtube allow copyright restrictions based on your location. Surely this is just stupid??

ReputationRep:
    The right to broadcast F1 in this country is owned by the BBC no one else can broadcast or distribute the footage. Youtube allows people to upload videos provided they own the copyright to do so.

ReputationRep:
    It is getting really bad. You can't even view some music videos because of copyright restrictions lol. This has only happened in the last year and it is stupid because they have probably lost half of their viewers, I certaintly do not use it as frequently as I did a year ago!

ReputationRep:
    have you tried this one from french TV?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2dssDICDoA

Edit: Just noticed this is no longer working, though it was working fine last night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by project_natal)
    It is getting really bad. You can't even view some music videos because of copyright restrictions lol. This has only happened in the last year and it is stupid because they have probably lost half of their viewers, I certaintly do not use it as frequently as I did a year ago!
    The record companies have started to enforce their rights on behalf of the performers because when the videos are shown on Youtube they don't receive the royalty payments that would be due if the videos were being broadcast in any other regular way.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdzCS7jwHfk

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure the beeb took the short video down. It was on their site yesterday and is no where to seen now. You could probably find the replay in the iPlayer footage. It is on you tube loads of times, as people upload it and FOM block it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.