Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should the UK join the Euro? [please do the poll] Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right forum but it seems the most appropriate to me

But could everyone please do this poll for a project I'm doing:

http://www.micropoll.com/akira/mpview/631204-187670

Also, some general comments about whether you think the UK should join the single European currency would be brilliant.

Greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    100% no atm on the poll

ReputationRep:
    yep - though it seems im in the minority.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't think that Britain should join the Euro. I firmly believe that interest rates should be set on a country by country basis, also think that a country's currency represents a large part of it's sovereignty - I have no desire to see any more a Britain's sovereignty taken over by Brussels. Too many of our laws are dictated by people far removed from this country!

ReputationRep:
    No, I like the good ol' pound.

ReputationRep:
    i just made the poll even, i voted yes! it would make going abroad so much easier and importing and exporting with europe easier!

ReputationRep:
    No not at the moment. Even most of the pro Euro politicians are limited in their enthusiasm for joining at the moment. I can see the benefits which a single currency has, but it also places limitations on an economy, and so things have to be right before we take an irreversible plunge. I think we did right to stay outside.

ReputationRep:
    Surrender this?

NO

ReputationRep:
    No the UK does not have the same monetary requirements as most of Europe therefore joining the Euro would damage UK industry and the British economy.

ReputationRep:
    No, Britain should be in charge of its own interest rates, otherwise it could well end up in a Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain scenario.

I have heard serious discussions over here that the Spanish may revert to the peseta if their economy drops any further.

I am all for Europe but all for the pound.

ReputationRep:
    No, we need a better government though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    We'll trade you Gordon Brown for it.

ReputationRep:
    I said no, i've just been to Denmark where they use their own Kroner and it was fine, in-fact i thought it was better than changing to the Euro all the time (Barring one of my friends who changed his money to euros cos he's stupid lols). For sure the Danish Kroner is not very strong but whatever.

ReputationRep:
    No, because I generally disagree with what the EU stands for (and I'm actually a lefty).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KvBhasgotabigwilly)
    I said no, i've just been to Denmark where they use their own Kroner and it was fine, in-fact i thought it was better than changing to the Euro all the time (Barring one of my friends who changed his money to euros cos he's stupid lols). For sure the Danish Kroner is not very strong but whatever.
    Hahahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    40 mill a day to be in eu...dont think thats enough to justify being in there...
    EDIT: I thought we are in the EU? Just dont have the euro...

ReputationRep:
    no no no no no no no no no

Euros look crap - more like toy money tbh - so just no - this is Britain not Europe :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam92)
    Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right forum but it seems the most appropriate to me

But could everyone please do this poll for a project I'm doing:

http://www.micropoll.com/akira/mpview/631204-187670

Also, some general comments about whether you think the UK should join the single European currency would be brilliant.

Greatly appreciated!
    Its for your EPQ, right?

(I read an article on Wikipedia about the referendum that Brown had, it was a resounding no, I think this might be the same). :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.