Turn on thread page Beta

i need some advice/help - does anyone keep in touch with thier ex and when you do talk is it ever petty/spiteful? also, could you give me some insight to why he might be like that...thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    I do. And no, we're very rarely spiteful to each other. We're good friends.

The only reasons I can think of as to why he might be nasty to you is that he doesn't want to be friends any more, he misses you, he still likes you and he wants to move on and forget you or maybe he's got another girlfriend. Or if you have a boyfriend, he might be jealous?

Either way, if I were you I'd keep your distance from him and leave him alone.

The only reason I can think of is the amount of **** they went through for nothing. It's not spiteful per se but I know I feel incredibly uneasy around a certain girl I used to know.

I think staying friends with an ex is a good idea, it can lessen the pain of a relationship ending.
    Plus, you must have liked them to start dating anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I have a few i kept in contact with purely because we are good mates now, others i dont really talk to but i wouldnt say i have any bad feeligns towards them and i think it is the same back, it is just i dont have anything to talk to them about anymore.

If he is going to be spiteful to you i would leave him and not talk to him, he is not part of your life so much anymore so you dont need the extra hassel of dealing with him, it could be for any reason he is being awkward towards you, best just to leave him.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.