Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, this might be a little early, considering I haven't got my results yet. If I get in, I was hoping to find a part-time job. So I was wondering if any one could tell me what kind of jobs (even at the SU), is available. I hear that Imperial has its own radio, can you work there? I would basically like tech / music related.

Also, can you find jobs at HMV, John Lewis and places like that? I'm sure they're not as flexible as the SU, but what kind of hours will I have to work?

ReputationRep:
    IC Radio is a club and the people who run it are volunteers - I wish I got paid for the various committee jobs I've done over the years :tongue:

There are plenty of jobs available at the Union: bar staff, stewards, SAC monkey etc, but it's not common for freshers to do these jobs if I'm honest. Regarding jobs in London - if you can find one. Those jobs are usually very inflexible and you'll be expected to work far more hours than you would at the Union.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man. Anyone else got anythin else to chip in?

ReputationRep:
    Have you currently got a job in a chain store? If not, you could try and get a summer job in one, and then ask if you can transfer to a London one for the weekends or something.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, don't have a job right now. Hmm... volunteering at the radio might be fun though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.