Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, this might be a little early, considering I haven't got my results yet. If I get in, I was hoping to find a part-time job. So I was wondering if any one could tell me what kind of jobs (even at the SU), is available. I hear that Imperial has its own radio, can you work there? I would basically like tech / music related.

Also, can you find jobs at HMV, John Lewis and places like that? I'm sure they're not as flexible as the SU, but what kind of hours will I have to work?

ReputationRep:
    IC Radio is a club and the people who run it are volunteers - I wish I got paid for the various committee jobs I've done over the years :tongue:

There are plenty of jobs available at the Union: bar staff, stewards, SAC monkey etc, but it's not common for freshers to do these jobs if I'm honest. Regarding jobs in London - if you can find one. Those jobs are usually very inflexible and you'll be expected to work far more hours than you would at the Union.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man. Anyone else got anythin else to chip in?

ReputationRep:
    Have you currently got a job in a chain store? If not, you could try and get a summer job in one, and then ask if you can transfer to a London one for the weekends or something.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, don't have a job right now. Hmm... volunteering at the radio might be fun though.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.