Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

whitch has more skill Watch

• View Poll Results: whitch of these takes the most skill to master?
    COD 5
    14.08%
    Fifa 09
    23.94%
    Halo 2
    12.68%
    Killzone 2
    8.45%
    other
    40.85%

ReputationRep:
    i was just wondering witch game do people belive takes more skill to master.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can compare Fifa to Halo or other FPS's in terms of skills.

ReputationRep:
    Spelling. Takes a lot of work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    :p:

I'd say other: CS:S (I can't play it at all xD)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    Lol

(Original post by King Pieb)
    I don't think you can compare Fifa to Halo or other FPS's in terms of skills.
    Yep, agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    I'd say other: CS:S
    :yes:

Much harder than COD or and other FPS becuase people have been playing it for sooooooo long and have got so good on it.

I also thing stratgey games are hard to master and things can change by you making just one small decision.

ReputationRep:
    other: CS 1.5/1.6/Source, they have been around for yonks and the professionals on CS/S have been playing for at least 7 years, the tactics on CS are also among the hardest to get good at, StarCraft/WC3 is pretty hard too though.
    Halo is not a hard game, it's good game but too easy to kill.

ReputationRep:
    well considering cod4 along with counterstrike source are generally the only games played at a high competetative level for big cash, it would have to be cod5 because its just cod4 with a new skin and crappy maps. cod4 and CS/S are difficult to master because like jackbourne said people have been playing them a long time...much much longer for counterstrike and have developed certain tactics for each map and know where people will be within seconds of the game starting and know all the little nooks and crannys to aim through to get people who think they're safe.

plus im a cod4 addict

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, Lee90.
    When you go on the most played maps eg Valve maps, then after YEARS of playing them you get to know the exact timings.
    Its like anything, it takes about a year to become good at something, a bout 2 more years to become very good and a lifetime to master.

ReputationRep:
    COD 5 followed by Killzone 2 then Halo 2, and right at the back of the pack is Fifa 09.

Fifa 09 does require some skill, but absolutely nothing compared to the shooters. Need to keep your eyes peeled at all times with those. Fifa 09 you don't, as such.

Blink on those shooters, and you will end up with a sniper's bullet in your head.

:borat:

Blink on Fifa, and you won't miss much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Blink on those shooters, and you will end up with a sniper's bullet in your head.
    blink on any fps and you have a sniper's bullet in your head... depends who you're playing against, nothing to do with paying attention at all

If anything, i'd say racing sims take the most skill and then FPS games

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kflynn)
    Gears of War 2 :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee90)
    well considering cod4 along with counterstrike source are generally the only games played at a high competetative level for big cash

MLG last event -

cod4 top prize 8,000 $
    halo3 top prize - 60,000 $

There are no cod4 pro's contracted to MLG. There are 8 teams contracted to MLG for halo. The top 4 teams have 4-year contracts of 250,000$ a year, per player.

(Original post by Solid_Snake_100)
    Gears of War 2 :yes:
    Gears 2 is all about connection. And since you can force yourself host, many players have gone to other games, or gone back to gears.

ReputationRep:
    Poll: whitch of these takes the most skill to master?
    • COD 5
    • Fifa 09
    • Halo 2
    • Killzone 2
    • other
    Even neglecting the obvious spelling mistakes, there...umm...wasn't a lot of thought that went into this thread, was there? I'd be worried if too many people seriously think any of the named titles require more skill than all other games on the market.

The amount of skill required for FPS games I'd say varies quite significantly, but that a much larger factor is the user's reflexes - if you can react to things quicker than your opponent(s), you've got a better chance of surviving, end of story. Those (like myself) with slower reflexes have to compensate for this by having more skill and more awareness of our surroundings...but you can know all the tricks of the game and still get wasted because someone jumps round a corner and gets you with a headshot or throws a grenade that happens to bounce off a wall into the area you're about to walk into and you just don't have the reaction speed to shoot or change direction quickly enough.

Strategy games, and particularly well-balanced strategy games like Starcraft, require much more skill - not for something like a zergling rush, but once the game's been going for a little while

ReputationRep:
    I'll take DotA. Couldn't come close to beating the easiest AI 1v1

ReputationRep:
    cod4 and halo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Even neglecting the obvious spelling mistakes, there...umm...wasn't a lot of thought that went into this thread, was there? I'd be worried if too many people seriously think any of the named titles require more skill than all other games on the market.

The amount of skill required for FPS games I'd say varies quite significantly, but that a much larger factor is the user's reflexes - if you can react to things quicker than your opponent(s), you've got a better chance of surviving, end of story. Those (like myself) with slower reflexes have to compensate for this by having more skill and more awareness of our surroundings...but you can know all the tricks of the game and still get wasted because someone jumps round a corner and gets you with a headshot or throws a grenade that happens to bounce off a wall into the area you're about to walk into and you just don't have the reaction speed to shoot or change direction quickly enough.

Strategy games, and particularly well-balanced strategy games like Starcraft, require much more skill - not for something like a zergling rush, but once the game's been going for a little while
    spelling isnt my strong point. also a only really put games that i play to see what people think, other than the ones listed i dont really play any others, so counldnt list them. from this thread its quite clear that the games i play arnt skilled atall. =)

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kflynn)
    wizard perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    I'll take DotA. Couldn't come close to beating the easiest AI 1v1
    Seriously? o_O
    I've never played vs AI, but I'd imagine them to be quite easy. Mehh - I'll give it a try sometime and let you know!

As for 'hardest' games;

Counterstrike
    Starcraft
    Warcraft 3 (both DotA and regular ladder)

Are three games which are played competitively with big prizes. The "pro" players in those games are way way above your average pub player - the gap is much bigger, I would imagine, than in a game like Fifa09 which has a relatively small "pro scene".

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.