Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapsLocke)
    I had bad acne, but a couple of weeks ago I went to the doctor and he prescribed me Zineryt and it has worked wonders. It has really calmed down my spots, and they're hardly visible now.
    I LOVE ZINERYT!!..I thought I'd never get rid of my spots but this thing is fab..even though it smells like some industrial chemical that would burn through your skin if you touched it...it does the job pretty well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoddy24)
    I LOVE ZINERYT!!..I thought I'd never get rid of my spots but this thing is fab..even though it smells like some industrial chemical that would burn through your skin if you touched it...it does the job pretty well!
    How long have you been using it?

Don't get too excited, it's murderous after 3 months

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when spots create holes in the beard area.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have incredibly bad acne but since being on antibiotics for around 3 months , I am literally spotless now just give it some time the dermatologists know what they are doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afro Sauce)
    I'm a silly fagot, I know

I dunno, whenever moisturising cream was finished, I'd just use oil and urgh, I ******* hate myself now, clogging up all my pores

I used bio oil a bit too, but that just made my face look super greasy and had all this yucky inflammation

Aaah, that's where I go wrong :o: Whenever I see improvement I just ... dunno why....have to touch to feel the proof lol, making everything bucketloads worse.

Cheers

Hmmm, on roaccutane, I've considered it, but it just seems to risky to get rid of only a few odd spots I get now, it's mostly the blemishes/scars that infuriate me the most

Meh, I'll just ride it out :-/
    Well if it's blemishes/scars you're worried about then only time can heal them. We've established bio oil is bad, so just do nothing to your face but moisturise. I know it sounds harder than it is to say just stop touching your face. But every time you're about to just think 'this will make it worse, for a longer time'.

If you're on medication then finish it obviously, as long as it's not making it worse. It depends if spots annoy you enough to warrant roaccutane. To me it was very important, I had a dosage that was half my weight allowance, but for longer, and it worked. By having a lower dose I was treated with a lower risk, and even though it was uncomfortable, at least I saved myself from having to be on double the amount. I would have felt ********.

Don't worry though dude, just be smart and you'll be ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beatleboar)
    I used to have incredibly bad acne but since being on antibiotics for around 3 months , I am literally spotless now just give it some time the dermatologists know what they are doing.
    Wow, really? I've been on oxytetracycline tablets for about 5 weeks now and zineryt for about 8... rapidly reduced no. of spots (by about 60-70% i'd say), but still blemishes/scars :mad:

How long for you to see the differences? What were you on?

ReputationRep:
    I had really bad achne, well I still have it, but it isn't as bad now. Clearasil has been doing brilliant for me. It's 75% gone, and this is in 6 days. Mine got really bad when exams came up and it stayed the same even after the exams. Then I got Clearsil and I used it 3 or four times a day, and most of it is gone now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ∑ Я ĩ k ė s ħ ξ)
    I hate it when spots create holes in the beard area.
    Tell me about it! I really hate it when hairs are trapped in zits. That's the thing i hate about shaving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kashim91)
    Tell me about it! I really hate it when hairs are trapped in zits. That's the thing i hate about shaving.
    LOL, they dont grow back in ages either haha. I had one massive patch once...:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kashim91)
    I had really bad achne, well I still have it, but it isn't as bad now. Clearasil has been doing brilliant for me. It's 75% gone, and this is in 6 days. Mine got really bad when exams came up and it stayed the same even after the exams. Then I got Clearsil and I used it 3 or four times a day, and most of it is gone now.
    DON'T touch clearisil, honestly. It's just so harsh and will dry out your skin, producing excess oil + eventually more spots

DON'T use any oils/over the counter meds

DO go to your GP urgently and just ask for antibiotics and drink lots of water and fruit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arteta)
    Well if it's blemishes/scars you're worried about then only time can heal them. We've established bio oil is bad, so just do nothing to your face but moisturise. I know it sounds harder than it is to say just stop touching your face. But every time you're about to just think 'this will make it worse, for a longer time'.

If you're on medication then finish it obviously, as long as it's not making it worse. It depends if spots annoy you enough to warrant roaccutane. To me it was very important, I had a dosage that was half my weight allowance, but for longer, and it worked. By having a lower dose I was treated with a lower risk, and even though it was uncomfortable, at least I saved myself from having to be on double the amount. I would have felt ********.

Don't worry though dude, just be smart and you'll be ok.
    Aww, thanks alot man - honestly, very helpful indeed

I'd pos you if it were worth anything

ReputationRep:
    Wow, really? I've been on oxytetracycline tablets for about 5 weeks now and zineryt for about 8... rapidly reduced no. of spots (by about 60-70% i'd say), but still blemishes/scars :mad:

How long for you to see the differences? What were you on?
    I can't remember but I will find out for you, yeah it was along time before mine actually did anything infact they were getting worse but on the last month I could actually notice day by day I was making really good progress, there was the side effect however of being regurarly depressed. But now I have never had a single spot since so for about 8 months. I did have sl scaring however bio-oils and all things like that really honestly do work, so I am really happy now

ReputationRep:
    I was really bad when I was younger, they put me on Erythromycin (spelling?) and some cream which didn't do much, then they put me on the pill and I've been okay since then, not brilliant but it got rid of the ones on my back and most of my face, I still have a little breakout every now and again though. I missed a month off my pill last month through forgetting to take a new packet away with me though so now I'm right back to square one arrrgh.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, thanks alot man - honestly, very helpful indeed

I'd pos you if it were worth anything
    What meds you on for acne?

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember but I will find out for you, yeah it was along time before mine actually did anything infact they were getting worse but on the last month I could actually notice day by day I was making really good progress, there was the side effect however of being regurarly depressed. But now I have never had a single spot since so for about 8 months. I did have sl scaring however bio-oils and all things like that really honestly do work, so I am really happy now
    Wow, 8 months?! Amazing, well done!

Hmm, were they tablets? Or a lotion? Or both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    What meds you on for acne?
    Zineryt lotion (8 weeks now), and oxytetracycline tablets (5 weeks now). They've been working quite well so far, but I need to finish the course (I think it's about 3/4 months for each one?

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh, you were probably on roaccutane methinks

ReputationRep:
    Zineryt lotion (8 weeks now), and oxytetracycline tablets (5 weeks now). They've been working quite well so far, but I need to finish the course (I think it's about 3/4 months for each one?
    I'm taking oxytetracycline now..how long did it take for your acne to clear?
    Zineryt worked for me for like 2 weeks :mad:

ReputationRep:
    My sister had acne until her late 20s. She's very scarry now actually... not a very optimistic post. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, 8 months?! Amazing, well done!

Hmm, were they tablets? Or a lotion? Or both?
    Just tablets , yeah I do know that it was like one of the stronger antibtioitcs so possibly could have been that. I do think its worth it though only in the extreme circumstance , which mine was.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.