Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What does Back to the Future have to do with anything?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone translate?

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe that text was for someone else but sent it to you by accident...otherwise I have no idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkspiders)
    What does Back to the Future have to do with anything?
    That's what I was thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dymphna)
    QFT?
    Quoted For Truth

@OP: If you think it's rude, it's rude. If you don't think it's rude, it's not.

But tbh, it's just a big WTF to me :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I think a rough trasnlation would be:

'I missed all of my English lessons at school, and can't really construct a coherent text. I'm a real catch '.

In other words - what the hell?!

ReputationRep:
    Sooo rude like!

What the flip?!

ReputationRep:
    wrong person maybe?

Sounds like he means:

"boyfriend, that's crap, got a story(blah blah). Meet at like 7 and smash your boyfriends cars and then we'll make a get away."

maybe he is texting a girl he knows?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    He has a story about going back to the future. If you want to hear it he will be leaving at 7 whilst he is telling you the story he will engage in a spot of violence, directed at your boyfriends/ best friends car. You will have to help him make a getaway as he will be hurt in the process which is where the whole limp comes in.

That is what I gathered from that text.
    Definitely a good explanation of what he meant.

Did the OP say that she has a boyfriend and he's taken inspiration from the storyline from Back To The Future.

The confusing bit was the "BF that's crap". At first, from the OP's post, it sounded like he was saying Back To The Future is crap but I don't think anyone refers to that film as BF, more likely as BTTF and clearly if he writes texts like that, he's more likely to be a huge fan of the trilogy.
    Clearly he's disappointed to hear that the OP has a boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    texting a boy i like, talking about Back to the Future, he says..

' BF thats crap, got a story about that, i'll defos be leaving at 7 like, i'll take you with me and smash your BF cars and then make our get aways, but with slight limps, oh good lord! x, if u know what i mean, x

is he referring to sex like my friend beleives, i dont have a clue what he is talking about.

any ideas much appreciated, thnxs x
    its actually a really lame back to the future reference. give him some slack!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Definitely a good explanation of what he meant.

Did the OP say that she has a boyfriend and he's taken inspiration from the storyline from Back To The Future.

The confusing bit was the "BF that's crap". At first, from the OP's post, it sounded like he was saying Back To The Future is crap but I don't think anyone refers to that film as BF, more likely as BTTF and clearly if he writes texts like that, he's more likely to be a huge fan of the trilogy.
    Clearly he's disappointed to hear that the OP has a boyfriend.
    OH!!! I think you've got!

So it's a good text! He's just upset the OP has a boyfriend! Well translated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so.simple)
    That's what I was thinking
    Well first you would need to know the plot of the film, it's all about cars being smashed:

A 17 year old, Marty Mcfly, lives a lousy life. His dad, George, a nerdy scaredy cat, and his mom, Larraine, is an alchoholic, who met George through pity, when her dad hit George with a car.
    Marty's brother is a fast food cook, and his sister isn't allowed to like boys. He loses at a guitar audition, and the car that he and his girlfriend were supposed to take into the mountains, was smashed up by his dad's bully, Biff. The only thing that he can do for fun, is hang out with the local scientist, Dr. Emmit Brown (Doc). Doc shows Marty a time machine that he built, using a DeLorean, and stolen plutonium from terrorists. The terrorists find doc, and kill him, but Marty escapes into 1955, the year his parents met. The Time Machine runs out of fuel, leaving him stranded. He follows his young dad (Who's a bullied high school nerd)to the place where he meets his mom. Marty saves his dad from getting hit, and gets hit himself. He wakes up in his young mom's room, and realizes that she's in love with him. He tracks down the young doc, and asks for his help. The doc says that only a bolt of lightning can power the machine, and they decide to use the lightning that will strike the town clock tower in 1 week. In the meantime, Marty struggles to get his parents to meet, and fall in love, so that he'll have a future to go back to. He repeatedly saves his mom from Biff, and she grows closer to him. He devises a plan to get his parents together. Marty asks his mom to the dance, where his parents kissed for the first time. He has to harrass his mother, and his George will see him in the car and tell him to get away from her, therefore proving to his mom that George is a loyal boyfriend. In the car, Marty sees that his mom drinks and smokes, and warns her about the effects of them. Biff pulls Marty out of the car, and attempts to force himself on Marty's mum. When George comes to the car, he finds himself face to face with Biff, the bully who keeps beating him up. George stands up for himself, and beats up Biff. He and Larraine go the dance, and kiss, while Marty plays some music for them to dance to. Marty leaves the dance, and he and the doc harness the lightning into the time machine, and Marty goes back to 1985. He finds that his dad is now a famous author, and is Biff's employer, no longer a nerd. His mom is sober, his brother is a businessman, and his sister is dating. The doc leaves for the future, but comes back to tell Marty and his girlfriend, Jeniffer, that they have to solve a problem with their kids. The three leave for the future, to find out what there problem is.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think that we've found the new Shakespeare.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still confused about the 'limp' part.

ReputationRep:
    :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :curious: :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I still don't know what that's supposed to mean

ReputationRep:
    I am so confused.

ReputationRep:
    OP if you ever find out from him what his text meant, please tell us! I'm done trying to decipher it but I'm curious to find out what on earth it means

ReputationRep:
    Chav alert!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.