Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Katie*)
    I'm still confused about the 'limp' part.
    I think I remember Marty having a limp after being hit by the car in the first film.
    It's all a bit confused really, unless there's a scene where Marty smashes Bíff's car? I can't remember..

(Original post by GregHouse)
    OH!!! I think you've got!

So it's a good text! He's just upset the OP has a boyfriend! Well translated!
    Yep, he's upset about the OP having a boyfriend and is making a slightly awkward and confusing reference to Back to the Future. Rather than being a guy trying to sound like he's tough, he's more of a geek who imagines that people know Back to the Future as well as he does. For someone who has just seen BTTF (I haven't), I'm sure the text makes quite a lot of sense. To anyone else, it's more or less gibberish as it mixes up the plot of the film anyway.
    That's the problem with cultural references and just communication in general, if you both know what you're referring to and get all the subtext, it can be really pleasant but it can so easily go wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Is he drunk/on meds/on drugs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I think I remember Marty having a limp after being hit by the car in the first film.
    It's all a bit confused really, unless there's a scene where Marty smashes Bíff's car? I can't remember..

Yep, he's upset about the OP having a boyfriend and is making a slightly awkward and confusing reference to Back to the Future. Rather than being a guy trying to sound like he's tough, he's more of a geek who imagines that people know Back to the Future as well as he does. For someone who has just seen BTTF (I haven't), I'm sure the text makes quite a lot of sense. To anyone else, it's more or less gibberish as it mixes up the plot of the film anyway.
    That's the problem with cultural references and just communication in general, if you both know what you're referring to and get all the subtext, it can be really pleasant but it can so easily go wrong.
    I've seen BTTF but jebus talk about random.

Aww the guy seems quite sweet now after your explanation. At first it seemed v inarticulate (and possibly sexual :redface: ). SamTheMan you saved the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BitOfAnAlchy)
    Was it just me, or did that just seem like hed picked words at random and put them together?

i think this too :|

ReputationRep:
    I've seen BTTF but jebus talk about random.

Aww the guy seems quite sweet now after your explanation. At first it seemed v inarticulate (and possibly sexual http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...es/redface.gif ). SamTheMan you saved the day.
    I might have saved the OP's admirer? You're not the OP though are you?
    It does sound quite geeky and hopelessly romantic indeed as he knows she's got a boyfriend, yet he's still trying to charm her.

ReputationRep:
    I might have saved the OP's admirer? You're not the OP though are you?
    It does sound quite geeky and hopelessly romantic indeed as he knows she's got a boyfriend, yet he's still trying to charm her.
    I meant saved him from a fate worse than death - being dissed on TSR. And saved TSR from a massive thread fail. So basically, saved the day :p:

He does seem like a typical hopeless TSRian. He'd better start a thread now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccielatte)
    Why would you like a person unable to construct a simple, coherent message.

Ask him what it means - it was with him you were talking, after all!
    Maybe he likes to be mysterious? lol, and if it was referring to sex, then it would be pretty ackward if she asked him to explain what it meant. You never know, they might end up having a :fight: or going or the :jerry:-emy (?) Kyle show.

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    lol, this tickled me. Why would anyone text like that.

ReputationRep:
    I meant saved him from a fate worse than death - being dissed on TSR. And saved TSR from a massive thread fail. So basically, saved the day http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif

He does seem like a typical hopeless TSRian. He'd better start a thread now.
    I'd like to meet him.. but it's very likely that he's not on TSR

ReputationRep:
    :wtf:

If it is a rubbish, but very specific, yet random BttF reference, then the guy in question sounds like some sort of weird chav-geek combination. Yeah, good luck with that... :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star_5)
    Maybe he likes to be mysterious? lol, and if it was referring to sex, then it would be pretty ackward if she asked him to explain what it meant. You never know, they might end up having a :fight: or going or the :jerry:-emy (?) Kyle show.

:ninja:

Yeah, but tbf it doesn't read like it refers to sex... You'd find more innuendo. Men tend to be explicit about sex, even in text form - deffo don't want any misunderstanding!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to meet him.. but it's very likely that he's not on TSR
    He will be if she texts him the link to this thread :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    texting a boy i like, talking about Back to the Future, he says..

' BF thats crap, got a story about that, i'll defos be leaving at 7 like, i'll take you with me and smash your BF cars and then make our get aways, but with slight limps, oh good lord! x, if u know what i mean, x

is he referring to sex like my friend beleives, i dont have a clue what he is talking about.

any ideas much appreciated, thnxs x
    sounds like he hasn't got a clue what he's talking about. Just ask him to be a bit clearer

ReputationRep:
    Does he have the literacy skills of a 6 year old?

ReputationRep:
    He said if you know what i mean x, so he probably did mean sex.

I dunno what the rest is about,

He may be dyslexic.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.