Turn on thread page Beta

I've been single for about 3 years now, I'm 20 and an alright looking, confident woman. But I've been single so long I've almost stopped looking for anything romantically. I have lots of male friends and I do often flirt with them but it never really enters my mind to take it further with them.

I don't know what to do, I need to reprogram my mind into taking things further with guys I like rather than just falling into the friend zone. Should I kiss a few frogs or just wait until it happens by itself?

ReputationRep:
    Continue flirting, but not with everyone or else that puts people off a relationship knowing you're a bit of a ****. Engage in a bit of physical contact and guys will quickly get the message. We always do :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    id suggest that waiting for it to happen and kissing a few frogs arent mutually exclusive. most people tend to find their newest other half by getting off with them randomly and then deciding to keep it up. Dont get together with anyone you dont particularly fancy but dont automatically rule out the suggestion because your out of practise so to speak,youve just got to learn to say "yeah why not" in your head more often.

oh and not getting with someone cos they are your "friend" is a terrible excuse, if youve got a lot of guy friends chances are one of them at least really fancys you.

ReputationRep:
    Also, a 20 year old woman...you've got to be pretty fugly for guys to not fancy you :yep:

ReputationRep:
    it depends if you're really that bothered about starting a realtionship really doesnt it? I'm 21 and single at the mo, and was thinking the exact same thing not too long ago, but reallised I'm really not too bothered anyway:lol:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.