Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does Anyone Find This (Foot Binding) Attractive? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sarah Jessica Parker of Sex and the City says "You have to learn how to wear his (Manolo Blahnik) shoes – it doesn't happen overnight... I've destroyed my feet completely, but I don't care. What do you really need your feet for, anyway?"

oh dear.....

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but comparing forcibly breaking several bones into a different position for the rest of your life is really not on the same level as wearing a nice pair of shoes and getting a bunion is it really?!

It's like saying that wearing glasses is on the same level as laser eye surgery. Or wearing chicken fillets is on the same level of having a highly invasive boob job.

There is a huge difference between external accessories and invasive permanent reconstruction!

Reading the op's post made me feel very sick but what people do to themselves these days makes me feel only slightly less sick because it's been normalised.

ReputationRep:

that's pretty gross :/

ReputationRep:
    Should be a torture method
    "If you don't get straight A's on your A levels you, young lady, are going to get your feet binded!!!"

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=romeos*****] It's like saying that wearing glasses is on the same level as laser eye surgery.

both wearing glasses and getting lazer eye surgery aid practicability, i..e being able to see better

wearing heals and feet binding reduce practicability; i.e. feet deformaty and reduced ableness to walk, especially for long distances without pain

i agree that feet binding is alot worse but both cause damanged and therefore are somewhat comparable

ReputationRep:
    That is DISGUSTING!

I only have size 3 or 4 feet anyways but ewwww!

Oh and girls wear heels because they make the legs more shapely by tightening the legs musicles, the make you taller and they make me more confident, but thats me personally. I prefer wedges because they have a little more support around the arch...ie i wore 4 inch wedges last night for a wedding reception, got tipsy and still stayed upright...i'm more comfortable in heels that i am in flats, but thats through years of over-use. It took me 2 years to be able to wear trainers all day because i always wore high school shoes...still cant walk as far as i'd like in trainers without getting pains down the beck of my calfs and in my achilles tendon x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophia.maria)

that's pretty gross :/
    It looks like the foot has been shaped into a shoe. I feel sorry for women who have had this done.

ReputationRep:
    WTF. Their feet look like hooves:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    Those large 10cm heels are really only for looks and not that practical and I don't know anybody who would really wear them.
    Those on the left are probably higher than 10cm firstly. Secondly, i have 12/13/14cm heels and I can walk comfortably in all of them. So considering the fact that I doubt you've ever tried them out yourself, I don't see what you're basing your opinion on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Those on the left are probably higher than 10cm firstly. Secondly, i have 12/13/14cm heels and I can walk comfortably in all of them. So considering the fact that I doubt you've ever tried them out yourself, I don't see what you're basing your opinion on.
    No since I'm a guy. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    No since I'm a guy. :o:
    Yeah, that's what I thought.

Also, for everyone going on about bunions and all this, that's when you literally wear them all the time. I've never had a single problem arising from wearing heels and I'm pretty sure none of my friends have either.

ReputationRep:
    I hate feet as it is...those, what the hell !?

ReputationRep:
    This can't be linked to foot fetishism... who'd want a footjob from those things

ReputationRep:
    its fricking gross i hate it

ReputationRep:
    Ouch and ewww.

ReputationRep:
    That is absolutely disgusting. Those Chinese men must be some freaky *******s!

ReputationRep:
    that looks horrible, whowould actually find that attractive?

ReputationRep:
    wow, oh dear.

this is so hot!

Why spend money on overpriced high heels when you can do this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.