Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Mascara ads annoy me so much, I do not know what mascara to buy as they always advertise them with false eyelashes.
    and they think by having a small print "used with lash inserts and enhanced in post production" they are not doing false advertisement.
    So all the mascaras look good but do not look like that!! ARGH:mad:

sorry I had to rant!

Does anyone recommend any cheap-ish (£10 and under) mascaras?

ReputationRep:
    I hate that! And the adverts in magazines are awful, some just look like cartoons.

I'd reccomend something by Bourjois, but if you're willing to spend a little more then Badgal by Benefit is amazing!

ReputationRep:
    2000 calorie by maxfactor is amazing and £7.99, you can use loadsa coats for huge lashes and it annoys me too with those adverts! like theres always at the bottom of the screen *filmed with lash inserts - in other words false lashes :p:

ReputationRep:
    Most definitely go for Bourjois Volume Clubbing Ultra Black mascara. It costs about £8 and is the best mascara I have ever tried. If they stop making it I will be gutted.
    Also Bad Gal Lash by Benefit is kinda alright.

ReputationRep:
    I used Badgal by Benefit up until it ran out a few weeks ago and I had to resort to Avon Supershock which I found floating around in my makeup bag. It actually surprised me - non-clumpy, lengthens and volumises with a few coats! I'm sure it's under a tenner but I haven't checked the catalogue.
    When I wanted something cheap-ish though, I used to use Max Factor mascaras. They're the best drug-store make for mascara in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisa.Marie)
    2000 calorie by maxfactor is amazing and £7.99, you can use loadsa coats for huge lashes and it annoys me too with those adverts! like theres always at the bottom of the screen *filmed with lash inserts - in other words false lashes :p:

:ditto:

ReputationRep:
    At least the adverts now state exactly what has been done to enhance the lashes apart from mascara!

I like Bourjoir's Volume range too (I don't have the clubbing one, I think mine's called Volume Glamour), it's good for a <£10 high street brand. No clumpy spaider lashes, but good length and volume.

BadGal's rubbish, Bourjois is way better and much cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    My tip is to always buy mascara from personal recommendation. I'll try a mascara if someone I know uses it and recommends it.

I always see those mascara adds as nothing but a load of bull because they're not at all realistic. Same with shampoo adds - always added extensions and post production 'shine' - it's all a load of marketing bull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    My tip is to always buy mascara from personal recommendation. I'll try a mascara if someone I know uses it and recommends it.

I always see those mascara adds as nothing but a load of bull because they're not at all realistic. Same with shampoo adds - always added extensions and post production 'shine' - it's all a load of marketing bull.
    Omg yeah That pisses me off! I am just like how am I suppose to choose you bloody shampoo if its all fake!

ReputationRep:
    tinted and permed eyelashes ftw, you'll never have to worry about mascara again :borat:

ReputationRep:
    I know, I was watching the advert and I was like COME THE **** ON she has feathers on her eyes ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    I know, I was watching the advert and I was like COME THE **** ON she has feathers on her eyes ¬_¬
    I saw you pic on you profile and I had 2 say u look really pretty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pina.Love)
    I saw you pic on you profile and I had 2 say u look really pretty!
    thank you mate!

another thing I hate is anti-aging skin cream adverts, I mean....get someone who actually looks like they need it, not ******* andie mcdowell or whatever her name is!loool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    thank you mate!

another thing I hate is anti-aging skin cream adverts, I mean....get someone who actually looks like they need it, not ******* andie mcdowell or whatever her name is!loool
    Lol I know...ffs most of them are 25 years olds or 50 yr old women that use botox! Wt is the point in that!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh it annoys me so much! :angry:

I recommend this from Rimmel, http://www.rimmellondon.com/UK/produ...ct.aspx?id=273

I use it all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Maxfactor mascaras tend to be pretty good! I'm using their Volume Express one at the minute, as it was all I could afford at the time (was about £5 I believe), but its working out pretty well! Best one i've used was a Clinique one (I had a tester, but the full size one is £14.. urk), and I have tried BadGal but can't say I rate it much! Does it's job okay but doesn't do it particularly well for £14, in my opinion.

Edit: Just realised the Volume Express one is Maybelline, still great regardless, and I do hear good things for MaxFactor!

ReputationRep:
    Max Factor 2000 calorie or False lash effect.

ReputationRep:
    I have been using BADGAL by BENEFIT for the last few weeks, I got it free in a magazine and I WILL be purchasing it when I get paid, non clumpy, makes you lashes really long and thick. Also fibre rich lash by MAC Cosmetics is a winner, top of your budget though xx

ReputationRep:
    I like Maybelline Great Lash for my student budget. I've used better, but this is cheap and cheerful and it does the job for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mango24)
    I have been using BADGAL by BENEFIT for the last few weeks, I got it free in a magazine and I WILL be purchasing it when I get paid, non clumpy, makes you lashes really long and thick. Also fibre rich lash by MAC Cosmetics is a winner, top of your budget though xx
    I got that sample of Badgal too and thought it was pretty poo.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.