Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You just have to ignore the images in the adverts, you can't trust them anymore.
    And mascaras mentioned above are fab

ReputationRep:
    M.A.C. Zoom Lash is fabulous! Before, everything else I tried looked pretty flimsy but I love this one, the eye liner is amazing as well.

Yves Saint Laurent is supposed to be the best but IMO it's overpriced and pretty average.

ReputationRep:
    The telescopic one is amazing. I think it's by L'oreal.

ReputationRep:
    rimmel magnif'eyes is SO good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chez87)
    I got that sample of Badgal too and thought it was pretty poo.
    To be fair I have long thick lashes anyway, BUT it did enhance them alot. But it's obvious what works for some girls doesn't work for all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *River)
    I like Maybelline Great Lash for my student budget. I've used better, but this is cheap and cheerful and it does the job for me.
    Yeh I've tried this one and I have to agree. For the price (£5.99??) it does a surprisingly good job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chez87)
    I got that sample of Badgal too and thought it was pretty poo.
    I bought some yesterday, it's utterly rubbish.

(Original post by pina.Love)
    Does anyone recommend any cheap-ish (£10 and under) mascaras?
    I highly recommend L' Oréal Paris Telescopic Explosion Mascara :yep:

It's £8.80.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    The telescopic one is amazing. I think it's by L'oreal.
    i agree! one of the really good ones

also maybelline volume express mascara. around £8 i think
    not sure.
    but yeah i love it.

ReputationRep:
    I use yves saint laurent faux clis, it's quite good smells nice too, over your budget though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarMeKitten)
    I hate that! And the adverts in magazines are awful, some just look like cartoons.

I'd reccomend something by Bourjois, but if you're willing to spend a little more then Badgal by Benefit is amazing!
    I completely agree, Bourjois is great for mascara.

ReputationRep:
    rimmel glam eyes mascara is really good and its relatively cheap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz)
    Yeh I've tried this one and I have to agree. For the price (£5.99??) it does a surprisingly good job!
    I think it's about a fiver. I'm not so impressed with their waterproof version though.

ReputationRep:
    Max Factor. I had the one in the gold tube, can't remember for the life of me what it's called, got a yellow brush, you know what I'm talking about. It was the most amazing mascara ever. Once that ran out I got a free Boots No7 Lash 360 mascara, and it was just as good, if not better in the volumising stakes. Then I bought the newest No7 in the bronze tube, green brush (not the waterproof one) and it was good but not as good as the Max Factor. I then had a run of some awful mascaras (Rimmel, Maybelline Lash Stiletto), went back to Avon very briefly (alright but dried up far too fast and was a bit clumpy, I was a bit disappointed) and now I'm back on Max Factor False Lash Effect. It's good but I'm not convinced that the big brush helps at all tbh, prefer the Max Factor gold tube one with the normal applicator.

So I've tried a lot of mascaras, but a lot of the time, you get what you pay for (the exception to this rule is BadGal, don't buy it).

ReputationRep:
    I agree, it's stupid as you're not really seeing the real effect of the mascara.
    I have been using the High Heel mascara for a month now and I like that one... It's a black squareish tube with a red shiny bottom bit.

I curl my eyelashes first, then apply the mascara gently so it covers all the lashes but doesnt stick any together. Then when it's dry, I curl them again and cover them again... and so on. I do this a LOT and they stay looking good til I can get to another mirror to recurl :-D

ReputationRep:
    this is the one i mainly use - http://www.rimmellondon.com/UK/produ...ct.aspx?id=333

it never lets me down.

i did use the clubbing one that someone mentioned but tbh after like a few weeks it was crap and when i got a new one it was evn crapper. its really messy and clumpy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Same with shampoo adds - always added extensions and post production 'shine' - it's all a load of marketing bull.
    I love the smallprint on the head&shoulders adverts regarding their anti-dandruff formula: "claimed based on visible flakes from 2 feet away"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.