Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got 85/90 for H Physics (can't remember what I got according to answers on TSR)

How is it looking for those who did AH?

ReputationRep:
    want.chemistry.and.biology.up.no w.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    want.chemistry.and.biology.up.no w.com
    Saaaame

ReputationRep:
    *gulp*
    I only had the courage to check one answer for Physics (crashed it this year).
    At least I got it right.

ReputationRep:
    Checked one answer for physics and got what I expected from TSR. Flicked through the rest and recognized answers, so it looks like I'm not too crazy. And I think I put quantum mechanics, too. :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    I'll **** bricks if they do, that was one exam that went horribly for me
    I'm sure you will have done fine, Good luck for it

I did higher and have had a tutor since my estimates twice a week, so pretty under pressure to pass quite well

ReputationRep:
    I'm ragin, I cant find my exam paper for physics that I wrote all my answers on

ReputationRep:
    just checked AH Accounts, and lots of the numbers are familiar!! Would like Maths to go up but that probably won't be up until Wednesday...

ReputationRep:
    I threw out all of my exam papers so that I wouldn't look at them and be reminded of results day haha. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    see how if i get around 73% if my answers go to plan from the marking instructions, would that be a B yeh? its just maths was like 65% for a B last year and chemistry was 59% so i really can't tell with physics, what was the cut offs last year?

ReputationRep:
    cut off's for a B is usually between 58% and 66% for physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazoo.C)
    I just checked and a 1/2 mark is taken off if you have 3 or more sf too many or two or more figures too few.

You can see for yourself if you like:

http://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/Phys...structions.pdf

It is explained on page 7.
    Yeah I remember reading that, perhaps it was you who linked me it about 1-2 months ago. I lost 1 mark then altogether because of sf's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkraver)
    Yeah I remember reading that, perhaps it was you who linked me it about 1-2 months ago. I lost 1 mark then altogether because of sf's.
    I think I figured out that, the way that the marking was asymmetric (you're allowed 2 more but only 1 fewer than is desired?), it was often best to just err on the side of caution and stick with 2 or 3 sig figs. (You can also only lose a maximum of 3 marks per paper because of sig figs, I think.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    I think I figured out that, the way that the marking was asymmetric (you're allowed 2 more but only 1 fewer than is desired?), it was often best to just err on the side of caution and stick with 2 or 3 sig figs. (You can also only lose a maximum of 3 marks per paper because of sig figs, I think.)
    Ah well, I marked myself quite harshly (if my explanation/calculation was slightly wrong, I deducted full marks for that question), so in reality I'll have 78.5 marks or more out of 90. So I should have secured an A regardless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harveym)
    cut off's for a B is usually between 58% and 66% for physics
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    I'll **** bricks if they do, that was one exam that went horribly for me
    Did you do General/Credit? I remember everyone felt worried after the credit paper, but our teacher gave us a look at how she's marking it and it seemed okay. I'm sure you've done fine

ReputationRep:
    19 out of 20 for the multi choice aha !!
    thats all i know ...(PHYSICS)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigJohnston)
    That's pretty damn good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin D)
    Did you do General/Credit? I remember everyone felt worried after the credit paper, but our teacher gave us a look at how she's marking it and it seemed okay. I'm sure you've done fine
    Yeah Too much PS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigJohnston)
    I got that last year but a A for higher physics was 73% i think last year?

the advanced higher i got around 68% so if its 60% for a B then i need 75/125 so 7/25 for my investigation please haha:p: my marking is probably way off.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.