The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Took a brief look at the Credit physics and the answers look familiar although obviously I can't remember every single digit and stuff... it was a hard paper remember..
LuhLah
Yeah :s-smilie: Too much PS.

Mhm, I agree. Generally, though, KU is worth more. I guess they just had to make up the marks.
Reply 202
Vitamin D
Mhm, I agree. Generally, though, KU is worth more. I guess they just had to make up the marks.

Is it not 60% ps 40% ku? :s-smilie: That paper was solid though, the only thing I was confident with, was the inheritance thing. (I got 3:1!)
LuhLah
Is it not 60% ps 40% ku? :s-smilie: That paper was solid though, the only thing I was confident with, was the inheritance thing. (I got 3:1!)

Assuming you're talking about Biology SG it's a 1-1-1 ratio with KU,PS and the Practical thing you do in class.
Meteorshower
That's pretty damn good! :biggrin:

Thanks man:p:
I need an A !!

I got a D for higher physics last year :frown:..

44/90 :frown: ..

so hopefully i'll get an A this year !
my section B looks good aswell :woo: .. oh yesss!!
LuhLah

Not sure, but I've been told that people with a higher KU mark than PS are more likely to pass Higher Biology in 5th year.
Vitamin D
Not sure, but I've been told that people with a higher KU mark than PS are more likely to pass Higher Biology in 5th year.

That is correct.

KU is more important than PS.

PS can easily be improved, it's just simple math. KU is all the actual theory which needs to be understood and memorised then applied.
ScottD
I got that last year but a A for higher physics was 73% i think last year?

the advanced higher i got around 68% so if its 60% for a B then i need 75/125 so 7/25 for my investigation please haha:p: my marking is probably way off.

Oops disregard my previous post about an A being 75/90. Wtf was I thinking :p: What I meant, however, was that an A band 1 will probably be 75/90 (last year it was 74/90).

A band 2 was 66/90 last year, which works out to be 73% as you said. It'll probably be 68/90 this year, tops.
Reply 208
i looked at the grade boundaries for adv physics last year and it was 68% for an A. now past papers and the exam i sat i think it will be around the same so about 68% or slightly above/below....i looked at the investigation marking scheme and a safe bet for me is around at least 10 which combined with my exam mark i got from the answers will give me a B. again im taking this with a pinch of salt as i cant fully remember my answers yet there is some stuff i i know i got right and some stuff i know i got wrong and then the bits that i certiainly recognise numbers/working so not bad.

wednesday will surely confirm everything!
ScottD
i looked at the grade boundaries for adv physics last year and it was 68% for an A. now past papers and the exam i sat i think it will be around the same so about 68% or slightly above/below....i looked at the investigation marking scheme and a safe bet for me is around at least 10 which combined with my exam mark i got from the answers will give me a B. again im taking this with a pinch of salt as i cant fully remember my answers yet there is some stuff i i know i got right and some stuff i know i got wrong and then the bits that i certiainly recognise numbers/working so not bad.

wednesday will surely confirm everything!

I'm sure you'll have gotten more than 10 for your investigation, unless you neglected it pretty severely!
Reply 210
Vitamin D

Yeah.
Meteorshower's right. I think, if you add up the marks, you can get something like 12 simply by actually having the right pages in the right order with numbered contents and so on.
Haha yeah, 12 of the marks technically don't require you to have done anything :p:
Reply 213
Meteorshower
Haha yeah, 12 of the marks technically don't require you to have done anything :p:

well i hope so:P our teacher took them in and marked them as he would have marked someones from the SQA and then filled out a feedback sheet. I covered all the criteria. I only completely missed out the graphs/uncertainties section due to me being a complete idiot and not handing them in but got them sent off to the SQA in plenty of time, handwritten to but neat.:p: the only other bit was the underlying physics, i didn't explain the physics enough for the bits i was investigating (width, curvature and angle of attack a aerofoils) doing properties of aircraft wings. I took it back and changed it and i felt i did a good job. So lets hope....:wink:
Physics just got posted, Politics as well. Happy reading :smile:
lol pointlessness of that post was legendary :spam:
Reply 216
TimmyVermicelli
lol pointlessness of that post was legendary :spam:

:h: :p:
TheUnbeliever
Meteorshower's right. I think, if you add up the marks, you can get something like 12 simply by actually having the right pages in the right order with numbered contents and so on.

I can't believe your conditional is made up of band 1s, that's cruel :frown:
ArcadiaHouse
I can't believe your conditional is made up of band 1s, that's cruel :frown:

I have to concede, it was a bit of a kick in the teeth because I really wasn't expecting it. It's annoying that I won't know as immediately as other people, but I've got the direct number for a lovely lady in the school office so I should be able to get my bands promptish.

On the other hand, I was happy to have an offer. :p:
Reply 219
Looking back at my investigation I've realised I've missed out a page title:o: (stupid mistake I know:mad: ). How many marks do you think that will that be off the 12 for doing not much?

Latest

Trending

Trending