Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by ScottD)
    ENGLISH is up!

Have fun guys looking, glad i did it last year lmfao. Why am i excited haha!
    I don't think I've done well at all in the close reading uhoh

ReputationRep:
    Same for me last year....on the countryside. I want to be a pilot and this year it's on aviation!

Anyways, i didnt recognise any of their answers but i got a B overall and 34/50 in the close reading which was just an A....don't read too much into it....

ReputationRep:
    I forgot what i wrote :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well I've probably failed english... no surprise there...

ReputationRep:
    Ahh just looked at SG English. I don't know, all the answers I kinda recognise from the passage, I just don't recognise them from me writing them! I remember writing some of it. Blah. I'll just wait and see, I usually do pretty well in reading and I never think I have done.

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what I'm like! I'm looking at the SG reading paper and I know the general idea of the answers related to mine but I always worry incase I've missed stuff out!

It was a long time ago anyway... I think I've got a low 1 or something.

EDIT: FRENCH IS UP GUYSS!!

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember what I wrote for English.
    I wish they would just upload them the night after the exam when my answers are fresh in my head.

ReputationRep:
    Added all the recent MIs to the first post. Now, I'm going to go see if I passed the close reading or not...

EDIT: Can't really remember, but it looked like I lost a lot of marks...another surprise for results day

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember any of my answers. I don't know whether to be pleased or not.

ReputationRep:
    I know my writing was good, so if I've failed the reading, I can probably get a 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    I know my writing was good, so if I've failed the reading, I can probably get a 4
    I'm sure you'll do better than that.

Say you got a 1 for both parts of your folio and the writing exam.

What's your talk grade?

ReputationRep:
    well can safely say i've failed french

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsty59)
    I'm sure you'll do better than that.

Say you got a 1 for both parts of your folio and the writing exam.

What's your talk grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura2222)
    well can safely say i've failed french
    How horrible was the listening? I don't even know the french for Plasma TV or make-up.

Still remember they might lower the pass mark.

ReputationRep:
    That's a 2 for talk, a 1 for writing and at the absolute worst (Probably not likley) a 4 for reading. That's an overall 2. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    That's a 2 for talk, a 1 for writing and at the absolute worst (Probably not likley) a 4 for reading. That's an overall 2. :yes:
    But I remember ******* up the general epically, and coming out, it seemed to obvious :rolleyes:

I'll just tell myself I've got a 2. Gah, I hate all this waiting.

ReputationRep:
    How horrible was the listening? I don't even know the french for Plasma TV or make-up.

Still remember they might lower the pass mark.
    I don't know plasma TV.
    Isn't make up maquilage or something? Thats spelt wrong but if I heard it, I know what it was.

Man I miss french I can't fit it in my coloums this year. I could if I dropped maths but to be a nurse, I would think maths is more important than french.

ReputationRep:
    But I remember ******* up the general epically, and coming out, it seemed to obvious :rolleyes:

I'll just tell myself I've got a 2. Gah, I hate all this waiting.
    But remember half your folio counts for reading too. All the critical essays on Macbeth or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    I don't know plasma TV.
    Isn't make up maquilage or something? Thats spelt wrong but if I heard it, I know what it was.

Man I miss french I can't fit it in my coloums this year. I could if I dropped maths but to be a nurse, I would think maths is more important than french.
    I don't have a clue.

I wanted to do french too but the columns didn't work because I took an apparently weird set of subjects this year.

ReputationRep:
    But remember half your folio counts for reading too. All the critical essays on Macbeth or whatever.
    It does?

Thank jesus for the flawed exam system ^^

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.