Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by ScottD)
    I've heard that the last 2 questions of the higher maths calculator exam aren't being marked....anyone know of this or is it even possible?

I'm not believing it as it could be 100% wrong, heard it from a friend but she's rather relieable, im guessing maybe the teacher told her. Any heard of this? Also, it was mentioned the pass marks would be lower but i thought that was a great possibility.
    I don't think anyone outside of the SQA would really know. However, I very much doubt they would just "throw away" two questions. It's highly unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottD)
    I've heard that the last 2 questions of the higher maths calculator exam aren't being marked....anyone know of this or is it even possible?

I'm not believing it as it could be 100% wrong, heard it from a friend but she's rather relieable, im guessing maybe the teacher told her. Any heard of this? Also, it was mentioned the pass marks would be lower but i thought that was a great possibility.
    Well I've not heard about it but surely this can't be right.

Not marking the last two questions (and consequentially lowering total marks) would decrease the accuracy of the grade with respect to previous year's and be hugely unfair to those who sat their exam pre-2009.

The teacher may have told her to make her feel better as they were quite tough questions, you could argue.

SQA could however lower the pass mark though, (and with this exam, I'd be surprised if they don't) but I strongly doubt they will simply skip marking a question or two.

ReputationRep:
    If you're sufficiently interested, it would almost certainly be mentioned in the External Assessment Report sometime before Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    There would be mention in the marking scheme too? That will be out before then? Or the past papers on sale in shops haha!

Like i said, im just taking it with a pinch of salt, not believing it until said otherwise by the likes of the SQA. Only them truely know whats going on i guess...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    I would class the organic life form that you are currently as something biology related :p:
    I lol'd.

ReputationRep:
    k, more MIs added:

Geology Marking Instructions
    Mechatronics Marking Instructions
    Accounting and Finance Marking Instructions

AND

Standard Grade Ready-reckoner also.

ReputationRep:
    Haha wow, mechatronics :p:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Accounts
    I've totally messed that up man. Gutted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Accounts
    I've totally messed that up man. Gutted!
    I bet you haven't

ReputationRep:
    oh no !!
    clearing here I come by the looks of things
    i cant believe it's only like 4 days really now

ReputationRep:
    Quick glance at English suggests that I done fine, including on the Critical Essay when I, for Drama, considered different meanings of "Setting" (though they put Scene there)

ReputationRep:
    ok looked at the english, the one i misread the essay question for one of them and i ecjon ive got between 61-65 anyone know what the A cut off is likely to be it was 63 last year so i might might might sneak it, o well wednesday i shall wait.

ReputationRep:
    Mod Studs and Drama are both up, and are looking good for me, just need Maths now

ReputationRep:
    My French SG Credit reading mark is looking pretty good, and knowing they'll most likely have lowered the pass mark (Plasma screen, anyone?) for the listening is good. Feeling pretty confident about that
    For the Int 2 English close reading, though, I can hardly remember what I wrote at all. Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin D)
    My French SG Credit reading mark is looking pretty good, and knowing they'll most likely have lowered the pass mark (Plasma screen, anyone?) for the listening is good. Feeling pretty confident about that
    For the Int 2 English close reading, though, I can hardly remember what I wrote at all. Fingers crossed.
    Welcome to TSR :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Physics is up!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh! Now i'm really scared about looking for some reason

I was reasonably confident before...

ReputationRep:

Look! Or you know don't. It's up to you. I looked. Not that it really helped much given that I can't remember what I put for any of them.

You know there was a question in the general Physics that said something like 'Apart from visible light which member of the electromagnetic spectrum can be detected by a telescope?' They accepted any member of the electromagnetic spectrum apart from light.:mad: What's the point in even having that question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsty59)
    Look! Or you know don't. It's up to you. I looked. Not that it really helped much given that I can't remember what I put for any of them.

You know there was a question in the general Physics that said something like 'Apart from visible light which member of the electromagnetic spectrum can be detected by a telescope?' They accepted any member of the electromagnetic spectrum apart from light.:mad: What's the point in even having that question?
    I don't know, but I bet there were still people who got it wrong :p:

They might have well asked "apart from visible light, name another type of electromagnetic radiation" I think they might have intended it to be that actually, just a little dressed up :p:

ReputationRep:

Hahaha same, should I open it or not? Damn I'm feeling very nervous right now :p:

As I still got all my answers... well here goes nothing!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.