Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    I don't know, but I bet there were still people who got it wrong :p:

They might have well asked "apart from visible light, name another type of electromagnetic radiation" I think they might have intended it to be that actually, just a little dressed up :p:
    Probably. We hadn't really been taught that so I just put down Ultraviolet because it was next to Visible. I went home and asked my dad and he told me that you can detect them all using telescopes. At least that's an easy mark. Though they hopefully wont even be marking my general.

Did you look?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkraver)
    Hahaha same, should I open it or not? Damn I'm feeling very nervous right now :p:

As I still got all my answers... well here goes nothing!
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Okay I just looked! I got 78.5/90 for Higher Physics. I think I worked it out before to be 81/90 through TSR answers etc. So 87.2% isn't bad at all!

I messed up 3 explanation questions =( I did exactly the opposite, ie I said impulse decreases, whilst impulse increased and so on.

ReputationRep:
    Okay I just looked! I got 78.5/90 for Higher Physics. I think I worked it out before to be 81/90 through TSR answers etc. So 87.2% isn't bad at all!

I messed up 3 explanation questions =( I did exactly the opposite, ie I said impulse decreases, whilst impulse increased and so on.
    Well done! What level are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsty59)
    Well done! What level are you doing?
    Higher as stated in my post :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha! There's a question here, and the answer was quantum mechanics, but not quantum physics! Me and a friend are the only ones in our class who got that

I'm still fairly sure of an A, i'm hoping high 80's percentage wise depending on investigation. Embarrassed about where I messed up obvious questions XD

ReputationRep:
    Higher as stated in my post :p:
    Oops. In my defence it's early in the morning.

So was the exam of an average standard. Do you reckon that'll be an A?

ReputationRep:
    It'll definitely be an A, well done darkraver!

ReputationRep:
    Well done then!

ReputationRep:
    Oops. In my defence it's early in the morning.

So was the exam of an average standard. Do you reckon that'll be an A?
    The exam was quite easy if you ask me, compared to other years. I wouldn't be surprised if they increase the A grade boundary.

But that should definitely be an A though.

It'll definitely be an A, well done darkraver!
    Well done then!
    Thanks =)

ReputationRep:
    I seemed to have got all the explaining questions correct, whether I explained them good enough, I don't know.

I am not quite sure how to mark some questions as I have the correct answer but have written 3 significant figures instead of 2.

Hopefully the grade boundaries wont go up too much compared to last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazoo.C)
    I am not quite sure how to mark some questions as I have the correct answer but have written 3 significant figures instead of 2.
    Yeah same here, I messed up my significant figures for like 2-3 questions so I've taken 1/2 marks off each question just to be on the safe side. If I recall correctly, you can have 2 sf more or 1 sf less than the data provided in the questions. Otherwise 1/2 a mark will be deducted.

ReputationRep:
    I take it you've all discovered physics then lol

ReputationRep:
    Art and Design Marking Instructions

ReputationRep:
    Hmm..I wonder if they'll put Biology up before wednesday, maybe not such a good idea looking if they do seeing as I'm pretty nervous about it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same here, I messed up my significant figures for like 2-3 questions so I've taken 1/2 marks off each question just to be on the safe side. If I recall correctly, you can have 2 sf more or 1 sf less than the data provided in the questions. Otherwise 1/2 a mark will be deducted.
    I just checked and a 1/2 mark is taken off if you have 3 or more sf too many or two or more figures too few.

You can see for yourself if you like:

http://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/Phys...structions.pdf

It is explained on page 7.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Art and Design Marking Instructions
    Added

ReputationRep:
    I always find art and design marking instructions for Higher really pointless, they are so brief and basically just say any valid point is worth marks. Well that's great as long as the marker thinks your point is valid.

ReputationRep:
    Haha! There's a question here, and the answer was quantum mechanics, but not quantum physics! Me and a friend are the only ones in our class who got that

I'm still fairly sure of an A, i'm hoping high 80's percentage wise depending on investigation. Embarrassed about where I messed up obvious questions XD
    Go me, i was watching the discovery channel on the morning of the adv physics exam about Cern, 1 mark for me!

Cant remember much but a few things were certainly coming back to me so lets hope...looking at answers on here i was getting 75% for the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachely)
    Hmm..I wonder if they'll put Biology up before Wednesday, maybe not such a good idea looking if they do seeing as I'm pretty nervous about it!
    I'll **** bricks if they do, that was one exam that went horribly for me

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.