Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are people who are argumentative on forums the ones who are pushovers in real life? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Some will be, some won't.

ReputationRep:
    I think this is true alot of the time

ReputationRep:
    I'll argue on the internet if I disagree with something and I do the same in real life.

ReputationRep:
    Well I am a competitive & argumentative tosser IRL and I'm the same on TSR so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glutamic Acid)
    Maybe they are, maybe the aren't. It's difficult to tell, and irrelevant to know.
    This was a waste of a post, do not reply to me.

(Original post by reems23)
    This was a waste of a post, do not reply to me.
    Why?

(Posts needed until I leave - decreased by 1.)

ReputationRep:
    lol. I'm no pushover, on here or in real life. Sorry :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glutamic Acid)
    Why?

(Posts needed until I leave - decreased by 1.)
    :shifty: You break my heart, you really do.

ReputationRep:
    im argumentative here or anywhere, and i push girls back over so i can slot and get a jacpot, living my life is alot

If it wasnt for the internet, Id be in prison.

ReputationRep:
    I'm argumentative. I'm not a pushover. I don't take **** anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's just something I've been wondering. I recently came across someones posts on a forum, who I know in real life. On the forum, this person was really confrontational and argumentative but in real life she is known to be a pushover and far too nice for her own good. Do you think in general people who are pushovers are only confident enough to express their opinions on the internet where they don't have to really face anyone?
    Alter-ego's thrive here :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I can be a push over but not all the time. But I can also get rather argumentative as well in real life. :awesome:

I wasn't trying to imply that everyone who's argumentative on forums is a pushover in real life. I'm just wondering if a lot of pushovers feel they can have an argument be opinionated online because they feel they can't in real life.

ReputationRep:
    I'm arguentative in real life...can't be bothered arguing over the internet at all, to me its sad and pointless, you'll never win and therefore is just a waste of time.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Well for me it really depends on my mood. If I'm feeling mellow in real life I tend to be feeling mellow online as well, and don't argue. If a situation is annoying me I'll just let it go and bite my tongue.

If I'm feeling particularly hormonal and argumentative in real life, I'll likely find myself arguing about something online as well - something or other will get my hackles rising and I'll snap.

ReputationRep:
    I AM NOT A F#CKING PUSH OVER IN REAL LIFE.... I'M NOT... I'M NOT.. I'M NOT..

Oh by the way, can someone help me with this bullying problem I have and there's this girl I like.........

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think I come across as very argumentative on this forum. The fact is, I'm VERY strong-minded, and I come onto this website to have deliberate debates. I have some very controversial views, and I've no problem with voicing and defending them.
    Saying that, I'd be the same offline too were similar occasions to arise - but debates don't tend to happen to the same extent offline. However, I did have a debate with my best friend last week when he saw me posting my opinions of soldiers on here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's just something I've been wondering. I recently came across someones posts on a forum, who I know in real life. On the forum, this person was really confrontational and argumentative but in real life she is known to be a pushover and far too nice for her own good. Do you think in general people who are pushovers are only confident enough to express their opinions on the internet where they don't have to really face anyone?
    You saying i'm a ******* pushover and arguementative! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthejubileeline)
    Not always; I'm a pushover in real life and I'm a push over on here too. You could knock down any of my arguments with a feather on here and in real life.
    You are not a pushover now be quiet.

[spoiler] See what I did there? [/spoiler[

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.