Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Most girls take just a handbag... and then carry the folders/paper seperately

ReputationRep:
    i think that carrying your folders separately is a bad idea in case it rains or if you leave them somewhere! so just make sure it is big enough for an A4 folder and is waterproofish.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all of you for the advice
    I appreciate all of your comments

ReputationRep:
    They all look disgusting and virtually the same, given the subjects your doing i dont think any of those bags will last long. I do maths chemistry and biology, and a bag like that wouldn't survive in the first week, but then again, i dont have a massive bag, just like an average bag i put accross me so it goes down me diagonally.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's good for your back to carry around heavy books in a shoulder bag. At least for mine it isn't So I always go for backpacks. They are easier to carry around and you can fit much more stuff into them as well. This is the one I have and the only one I've had that I love enough to keep for longer than one school year:

http://www.sk8site.co.uk/product.asp?i_code=7505997270

Skateboarding stores usually have good looking and good quality backpacks and they are not that expensive, either.

ReputationRep:
    The third one.
    It would've driven my crazy not being able to put my bag over my shoulder (the 1st you can't get over your shoulder right?), and because I carried my huge lever-arch folders in my arms, having a bag hanging off my elbow would've made me scream by the second week :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think the bags you have looked at are a bit to small tbh, if you're gonna be carrying your folders round with you.
    But if you've got a locker and put your folders in there and just need to carry one or two at a time it might be ok.

ReputationRep:
    I had days where I had biology, chemistry, and maths all on the same day. And my chemistry textbook was a 400 paged A4 sized monster of a book, I doubt it by itself would fit in any of the things listed by you OP let alone with the other texts thrown in too.

Why don't you just bite the bullet and get a rucksack because those things you posted probably wont last longer than a month at best, besides it's not exactly like anyone cares about what bag you have anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I had a bag like this

http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/589563...gs,plaindaybag
    (there are similar ones in other colours) & it lasted like 2 years - and you can get textbooks in and one folder (although i carried mine & used carrier bags when it rained )

& i like the first one - but you might want a longer strap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    I had days where I had biology, chemistry, and maths all on the same day. And my chemistry textbook was a 400 paged A4 sized monster of a book, I doubt it by itself would fit in any of the things listed by you OP let alone with the other texts thrown in too.

Why don't you just bite the bullet and get a rucksack because those things you posted probably wont last longer than a month at best, besides it's not exactly like anyone cares about what bag you have anyway.
    I agree. I had a rucksack until I passed my driving test (cos then I didnt have to carry all my books to and from school).
    I always used to get a new rucksack for xmas (quite often they were Animal or Quicksilver ones) because they were good quality and lasted ages and I didnt care what other people thought because at the end of the day rucksacks are better for your back and posture.

And also, sorry, but I think all those bags you suggested are ugly. Georgie_Mc suggestion is much nicer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.