Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Please help a fatty in need. watch

ReputationRep:
    I get the impression there's too much of a reliance on fruit - fruit is ok but try to put more vegetables in aswell as fruit contains a lot of sugar.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be extra healthy, skip carbs from dinner a couple of times a week, so there is no excess energy. (So like a grilled piece of fish with loads of veg)
    But don't go overboard on this--you still need the correct amount of calories per day to maintain a healthy lifestyle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    I get the impression there's too much of a reliance on fruit - fruit is ok but try to put more vegetables in aswell as fruit contains a lot of sugar.
    When I say fruit, I mean fruit + veg lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afro Sauce)
    Excellent, cheers for that

But honestly, I'm a really determined guy - whenever I have a goal, I work consistently hard to genuinely achieve it

What's bad with the diet?
    there's barely any protein and virtually no fat. it looks bare. i dont do diets but if i did i'd still be eating a lot more than you. as for goals i dont know what you goals are, certainly you are not overweight, i'm 75kg and smaller than you, so perhaps you should rethink your goals - having goals based on your looks is not very good. often you change so slowly that you dont even notice. my goals measured on ability. i'd definitely advise you do to use your ability (not your looks) as the goal. e.g. start by running 20 mins a day and soon months later who knows you may surprise yourself. with a weights program i think it's good to write down the weights you can do and see your strength increases over time. your choice.

i would really suggest trying to get into a long term form of fitness. i've done a fair few. as a teenager i used to swim, then i started in the gym at 17-20 (mainly cardio, a bit of weights) and now i've done running for the last three years. i've definitely found since joining a club is the only time i've really pushed myself at sport. i really think the secret of getting into long term exercise is to start a form that is linked with a social aspect (e.g. team sport or even one where you go with a friend or relative). you are much more likely to keep at it than with a solitary activity such as the gym. i stuck at it for a few years but i was never a member and regularly went once or twice a week. if you go a lot as you are suggesting you may find that the novelty quickly wears off and you'll lose interest. i think this is why you find so many people with expensive gym memberships that never go to the gym.

if you want to try a new sport and feel a bit nervous, dont be. the clubs are normally very good at making you feel welcome. it may be very hard to start the first time as it takes you out the comfort zone (perhaps not for many of you but i know with me i found it tough when you've come from epically failing at sport in school). i really think that you uni students should make full use of the legendary range of clubs you have on offer. it'll be a massive shame to go through uni to not at least try one club.

long epic :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe how IDENTICAL your body type and diet is to mine... Great minds think alike, I suppose

I'm doing the same as you - Good luck with it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.