Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

does anyone know any really low calories foods or meals Watch

ReputationRep:
    cuz even some meals that appear healthy still add up to quite alot of calories.
    i want something to eat when im hungry but that doesnt have loads of calories in and gives me a boost. also any main meals that are low in calories

ReputationRep:
    Cucumber.
    Go crazy.

ReputationRep:
    celery, with celery coulis.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcVZg2tVswk

ReputationRep:
    a low cal snack that i find very nice is chive & onion cottage cheese with oatcakes.

big leafy salads with some chopped tomato, raw onion, maybe a bit of mozzarella, cucumber, and some salt is another favourite

ReputationRep:
    *Margery Daws from Little Britain* Try a bit of dust

I really failed at that, huh?
    Anyway, when I want a low cal boost I have a cup-a-soup. Or I find a Coffee fills me up too, which only has around 100 cals.

ReputationRep:
    Any meal consisting of lean protein, lots of veg, moderate amounts of unrefined carbs and a small amount of unsaturated fats.

ReputationRep:
    Surely it shouldn't matter about the calories so much. If the food is healthy that is. What really bumps up the calories is fat, not all fat is bad but on a weight basis it does carry alot more calories. Even if you are trying to loose weight you still need the calories to live and be healthy.

I haven't explained what I mean very well but meh ... sounded right in my head :yes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Smash mashed potato. Really fills you up and has very few calories.
    Some brands of soup are very good too. But make sure you don't get the ones that are 'Cream of ....' soup. Check the back.
    Dry fry things. They taste just as good and aren't all gross and oily.
    Non-sugary cereal eaten dry or with low fat milk
    Fish and lean meats.
    Low fat subs for tasty things, e.g. sorbet instead of ice cream, no sugar versions of drinks etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Damn I was just about to say this! :p: DUST!

I usually have low fat yoghurt, broccoli, lentils etc

ReputationRep:
    Soup! Watercress soup is a good'un. Soups fill you up really well.

Large salads, vegetable crudites (perhaps with a slice of wholemeal toast, maybe houmous), cous cous, chickpeas and salad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)

I really failed at that, huh?
    Anyway, when I want a low cal boost I have a cup-a-soup. Or I find a Coffee fills me up too, which only has around 100 cals.
    Anybody? No? DUST!

Maybe try a homemade veg soup? Easy to make and it's at least one of your five a day!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.