Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wardrobe Essentials/Clothes to bring to Uni Watch

ReputationRep:
    Can you not take some stuff you already own? that way you cut down the amount you spend now which would mean when your there if you find there is something you really need then you can buy it after all where ever you are the normal high street shops will be around....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatt)

OptomBee, I'd say another pair of bottoms, maybe a pair of nice skinny black trousers or something which can easily be dressed up or down? Or maybe a pair of black shorts of something. Then maybe something more casual like a pair of tracksuit bottoms, even for just a day slopping around working in your room.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

Not with these size 12 thighs:eek3: , sorry!
    ....but you made me smile, though!

ReputationRep:
    4/5 scarves???????? I'm guessing your a fan. I only wear the wooly kind when it's cold though lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye333)
    4/5 scarves???????? I'm guessing your a fan. I only wear the wooly kind when it's cold though lol.
    not woolly, the other kind

I wear them cos I dress rather demurely-I throw one around my neck if i'm wearing a low cut top, and they're good to add colour/interest to an outfit!

kinda work like an oversize necklace...this post is making less and less sense as I write...just cant seem to stop typing.

What i mean is: they look cute, add colour, and to put it crudely, "hide what my mama gave me"

see?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OptomBee)
    not woolly, the other kind

I wear them cos I dress rather demurely-I throw one around my neck if i'm wearing a low cut top, and they're good to add colour/interest to an outfit!

kinda work like an oversize necklace...this post is making less and less sense as I write...just cant seem to stop typing.

What i mean is: they look cute, add colour, and to put it crudely, "hide what my mama gave me"

see?
    Lol , I'm just not a scarfy person.

ReputationRep:
    I like knotting light scarves together to make a chunky necklace, wearing them normally just irritates me because they always get blown out of place!

ReputationRep:
    Ive still got loads to buy

Black linnen pants, red short cardigan, black trainer socks, Pj bottoms, waterproof coat, long black cardigan, short black cardigan, black flats, white wooly jumper, pink cardigan, fleeces, black leather boots, brown leather boots... and thats just the clothing :P ive got cuttlery & stationary to buy once i know i'm in! x x

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand why you need to make a list of clothes to take, just take everything you usually wear :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Take some plain clothes that you can dress up and down for any occasion.
    *Black and white skinnies.
    *Black/white/grey tshirts and vests.
    *Some brighter coloured tops.
    *Long cardis, theyre great for day.night wear.
    *You can get great denim mini skirts from topshop (i know you said you didnt wear skirts) i wear them alot and they go with anything and everything.
    *Denim shorts.
    *Flat shoes, boots, winter boots and a pair of heels.
    *A couple of bags (clutch, uni bag for books etc, everyday handbag and one to go out with)
    *Some warm clothes (a winter jacket and a lighter one too.
    *Lazy day clothes lounge bottosm etc, hoodies.
    *Couple pairs of everyday jeans.
    *Scarves, gloves and hat.
    *Pjs (dont forget them hehe)
    *Some sports clothes and trainers.

ReputationRep:
    oh i forgot accesories! to dress up any outfit you have. Accesories make the outfit. I can go out in my clothes fom the day (skirt and tshirt) and dress it up with a nice chunky necklace and bangles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimoso)
    Is anyone else not going to even go near jeans for uni?!!?!?! I hate jeans, worst thing ever! Hoodies too, I just wouldn't.
    :O i live on jeans and hoodies! Do you just wear skirts & dresses all the time? x

ReputationRep:
    ^ I tend to avoid the jeans and hoodie look. it's not something I really see a lot around campus anyway, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    ^ I tend to avoid the jeans and hoodie look. it's not something I really see a lot around campus anyway, tbh.
    Too cold to wear anything else in edinburgh :P
    Plus i'll be spending time on farms/ in stables during my time at uni.
    I do wear cardigans/ think wooly jumpers too.... so i wont be wearing the same outfit just diff colours/ styles everyday.... i'll mix it up with variations in what shoes i wear too. E.g boots one day, flats one day, uggs one day.... you get the picture I have a couple of pairs of combats too.

What do you wear? Dresses and skirts? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PawPrints91)
    Too cold to wear anything else in edinburgh :P
    Plus i'll be spending time on farms/ in stables during my time at uni.
    I do wear cardigans/ think wooly jumpers too.... so i wont be wearing the same outfit just diff colours/ styles everyday.... i'll mix it up with variations in what shoes i wear too. E.g boots one day, flats one day, uggs one day.... you get the picture I have a couple of pairs of combats too.

What do you wear? Dresses and skirts? x
    My best friend's in Glasgow, and she wouldn't dream of purchasing a hoodie! Don't think she owns any jeans either - it can be done, if you wanted to (not that you should or anything, if you don't want to).

Yeah, I wear dresses, skirts, trousers, leggings, shorts...I do have one pair of jeans, though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexxxx)
    I dont understand why you need to make a list of clothes to take, just take everything you usually wear :lolwut:
    I was thinking the same. Is it really necessary to have a specific list of clothing you're planning to buy specifically for uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *CottonCandy*)
    Take some plain clothes that you can dress up and down for any occasion.
    *Black and white skinnies.
    *Black/white/grey tshirts and vests.
    *Some brighter coloured tops.
    *Long cardis, theyre great for day.night wear.
    *You can get great denim mini skirts from topshop (i know you said you didnt wear skirts) i wear them alot and they go with anything and everything.
    *Denim shorts.
    *Flat shoes, boots, winter boots and a pair of heels.
    *A couple of bags (clutch, uni bag for books etc, everyday handbag and one to go out with)
    *Some warm clothes (a winter jacket and a lighter one too.
    *Lazy day clothes lounge bottosm etc, hoodies.
    *Couple pairs of everyday jeans.
    *Scarves, gloves and hat.
    *Pjs (dont forget them hehe)
    *Some sports clothes and trainers.
    i wish i could wear denim skirts, they sound so useful and versatile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    i wish i could wear denim skirts, they sound so useful and versatile.
    How come you cant wear them>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *CottonCandy*)
    How come you cant wear them>
    i have narrow hips but big thighs so they never fit right and they also look really weird on me. high waisted skirts are the only ones that suit me.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe you guys have so many clothes lol

ReputationRep:
    DONT BRING WOOLY HATS AND GLOVES TO EDINBURGH!!!!! it rains here - rain and wool don't mix AT ALL

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.