Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meliae)
    I've never ever come across an H&R thread in which someone compares their life to Skins. The closest is when someone has said the OP's problem sounds like a plot from Skins.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...e#post16753132

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...e#post19145522

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ighlight=skins

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ighlight=skins

ReputationRep:
    It's rubbish. I ******* hate Nicolas Hoult, he is such a posh ****. I hate it when the characters spend time staring into space supposedly in deep thought. I watch it for those sexy twins and that guy in it from Derby who was in This Is England makes it interesting.

ReputationRep:
    It's great. It's about teenagers being teenagers. Sure, it's more extreme than the lives of most teenagers, but I think that it's pretty obvious that this is more of a silly romp of a programme than one designed to show what our lives are really like. Anyway, I think it deals with some pretty big things, eating disorders, homosexuality and race issues, drugs and alcohol. It's a great programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    I don't know, but I think everyone in Skins is pretty sad - why would anyone want to be like them?

All they seem to do is get drunk/drugged up, go to the most unrealistic parties I've ever seen and sleep around (and yes, this isn't far off from the truth of teens today, but the point is it is all they do). They're all blatantly going to end up as tramps when they're older. Oh, except for Effy, who'll be a crack whore.
    Yeh but she will be a fit crack whore.

ReputationRep:
    Inbetweeners way more realistic/funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el scorcho)
    I've never watched it

the inbetweeners is good though
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    You said
    i've read many threads in and around H&R before I became a member of TSR full of anonymouses who are complaining that their lives are **** compared to those characters in skins.
    You've posted links to 3 posts - one is when someone says they went to a party which was like something out of skins, one is saying that the OP thinks Skins changed people at her school and the third is someone saying having a life like those in Skins would actually be crap. None of them are people complaining their lives are **** compared to characters in Skins. How does that equate to H&R being 'full of anonymouses who are complaining that their lives are **** compared to those characters in skins'? None of them are anonymous either.

Edit - I say 3 posts because the 4th link didn't work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecoolcat)
    Inbetweeners way more realistic/funny
    Yep. Despite being more of a comedy, it's a far better representation of the lives of 16-18 year olds. Or at least it's far closer to my experience of that age.

ReputationRep:
    OP is a pussy.

Man up. What would Cook do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Yep. Despite being more of a comedy, it's a far better representation of the lives of 16-18 year olds. Or at least it's far closer to my experience of that age.
    No offence but your teenage years must have been very socially awkward...

ReputationRep:
    I am Pandora, and I'm useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meliae)

None of them are anonymous either.
    yeah they were

ReputationRep:
    No one I know wants to be like anyone from Skins.

I wouldn't mind being someone from the Inbetweeners though as they are truely kickass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    No offence but your teenage years must have been very socially awkward...
    Yeah they were, but I think most people's teenage years are socially awkward to some extent. Ok the Inbetweeners is also quite exaggerated, so my life wasn't quite as awkward as it is for them:p:

ReputationRep:
    Skins is cool to watch IMO, but really, what teenager does all of that? seriously. It's just a bit made up slightly.

ReputationRep:
    People who watch skins are just sheep as it's seen as the cool thing to watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben77mc)
    I like it, but the new ones cannot act.
    Who are the new ones dude?

I like the show, merely becus I find that girl sexy ! O

But there is also "The Inbetweeners", I think that's the funniest show ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnx)
    Who are the new ones dude?

I like the show, merely becus I find that girl sexy ! O

But there is also "The Inbetweeners", I think that's the funniest show ever!
    True

I meant the new series, as opposed to the first two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thriller)
    yeah they were
    The posts you linked to were by Reue, Bubbles de Milo and made-up, none of them anonymous. In any case, they're still not people complaining their lives are crap compared to skins but you only chose to quote that bit of my post.

ReputationRep:
    I loved the first series, liked the second, and the third?
    I have never hated something shown on TV as much as I did that. Cook? Eurgh! He makes my skin crawl! I would rather live in a house made from the corpses of spiders, jellyfish and squids rather than watch that creature :|

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.