Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I started weight training two weeks ago and am currently doing a three day spilt chest/tricep, back/bicep and shoulders/legs. I'm going with someone who is knowledgeable aswell.

Im starting training to improve my physique and overall stamina but these two are secondary to improving my strength for rugby and for myself.

So I was wandering is starting strength all its meant to be, surely doing spilts will benefit as much if not more due to it having big compound lifts and then isolation lifts.

So is starting strength worth it?

Discuss

ReputationRep:
    yes, proven to gain excellent amounts of strength and size, provided you're eating enough

splits overrated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batman 1991)
    Discuss
    For 20 marks...

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Starting strength is great. You can do it in about 3 hours a week, and it will definitely make you stronger. Simple, easy to follow and effective.

ReputationRep:
    You HAVE to eat right on it. I'd say eating enough while doing it is more important than the routine itself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.