Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    just wondering.. do any of you ever go without a bra?
    its a smart casual backless dress.. so i was just wondering if i could wear it out without a bra, i'm A cup anyway so you literally won't notice on the front.. but is this just not right?

..or another option ..the sticky on ones ?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    STICK ONS DEFINITELY
    I was in line at customer services in Primark a while ago and the girl in front of me was wearing something like you described....talking on the phone, waving her arms about, even though she was prob an A cup too, she gave us all more than an eyeful. Its just icky.
    Guys prob will say go without, but just to save yourself (and me) the embarrassment, always have something to cover up, no matter how small.

seriously. ick factor counts for alot.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've been known to go bra-less, albeit in a more supportive sounding dress, but I'm a C cup.
    Go for it!

ReputationRep:
    I have a stick on bra for such dresses...

ReputationRep:
    well i know there are special bras designed for wearing with backless dresses, but if you're an A cup you could probably get away without one, depends if you feel you need the support or not.
    wish i could get away without a bra, they're a pain sometimes (strapless/backless dresses etc).

ReputationRep:
    I'm an A too (actually, that's a little big for me) and I do that often with backless and strapless things. Looks fine. (:

ReputationRep:
    Or you could try those strap things that you attach to a normal bra and they cross over to your front, quite low down. Theres a danger ithat a bit of strap shows though. If that doesn't work, go for stick on.

ReputationRep:
    I used to wear a backless dress on nights out (in my profile pic) without a bra when i was about an E cup and it hurt a little bit while dancing but apart from that there were no problems, so with an A cup I think going braless would be fine!

ReputationRep:
    I would go with the sticky option just to be safe - You don't want to accidentally be the girl that's shows off her boobs

ReputationRep:
    You can get bras that have changeable straps so that it hides the straps and the back bit..

ReputationRep:
    Just go without if your comfy - perhaps try it on and have a helpful mate watch you throw some shapes to check you won't be flashing. But worst comes to the worst you flash some flesh - no big deal really

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.