Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
    My mum would love me if I dressed like a prep. "Aw, you look so smart! And not like someone dragged you out of bed this morning and shoved you in a tumbler dryer" :facepalm:

I still prefer to put on a hoodie and some jeans! Although she tried her best to throw away all my 'normal' clothes! I now have a close to nothing wardrobe!

My mum did that to me too.. then I moaned I needed new clothes and went and bought more! XD

I have barely anything again though...

ReputationRep:
    I actually wear a fair bit of A&F. Not because I want to be part of a social group, but because I just like the clothes. They're comfortable and (mostly) look good :dontknow:

I don't wear polos at all though, I normally like to be able to throw a hoodie or jacket on and I think having a polo under something else looks odd.

Anyway out of all my friends I know 2 that actually wear A&F, so it's not like I'm trying to fit in. And I normally mix and match with other clothes.

I'm just saying that not everyone wears clothes to make themselves part of a subculture.

ReputationRep:
    Google Johannes Huebl, he does it perfectly in my eyes. Preppy, but classic. Oh, and not to mention sexy.

ReputationRep:
    A&F and Hollister aren't real prep though. The real preppy brands are like Lacoste and Ted Baker.

ReputationRep:
    A&F and Hollister aren't real prep though. The real preppy brands are like Lacoste and Ted Baker.
    Everyone hates my clothes:emo:

Lol I actually really like Ted Baker, I would say it's my favourite brand. It's different to a lot of high street menswear out there, and their clothes are just the right amount of quirky for me tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say Ted Baker is overly preppy at all, Ralph Lauren a lot more so (dependent on who and how the clothes are worn).

Then you've got stuff like Brooks Brothers, New and Lingwood and Crombie, with the latter two being more British (yet a bit older and more mature in comparison to JW, A&F etc etc)

ReputationRep:
    Em preppy is like us girls that dont dress out of a charity shop and can afford all the designer clothes. Daddy worked for us so we can aford to spend all his money and it pisses us off when commoners try to act posh we can see someone trying to act posh a mile away so dont bother. Also all the cute boys love us. Mwah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poshtottie)
    Em preppy is like us girls that dont dress out of a charity shop and can afford all the designer clothes. Daddy worked for us so we can aford to spend all his money and it pisses us off when commoners try to act posh we can see someone trying to act posh a mile away so dont bother. Also all the cute boys love us. Mwah
    And you don't have any friends because you're like the biggest tw*t on TSR. And if you do have friends, they probably hate you and b*tch about you behind your back.
    Mwah!

there are so many clueless idiots in this thread.

i want to go through replying to practically every post pointing out whats stupid. not yours though, stothel .

ReputationRep:
    And you don't have any friends because you're like the biggest tw*t on TSR. And if you do have friends, they probably hate you and b*tch about you behind your back.
    Mwah!
    Don't feed the troll!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)
    there are so many clueless idiots in this thread.

i want to go through replying to practically every post pointing out whats stupid. not yours though, stothel .
    Do you love him too? *drools* I'll have him on a silver platter, thank you very much..

Ps. Blog, for the clothes I have been telling you about, well some of them..LOVE the blazers, blah, penniless (until Friday). mmMm Zara spree...

ReputationRep:
    Chuck Bass in Gossip girl.
    http://gossipgirlnews.com/wp-content...uck-bass-1.jpg
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8mBxt1gK6h...69875135_f.jpg

ReputationRep:
    http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...mages&aq=f&oq=
    Bohemians that raided their grandparents' wardrobes?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else find the whole preppy look, a little um, gay??

Anyway, the French and Italian chic look is so much better!

ReputationRep:
    Someone told me I was 'preppy' I don't think it's just the domination of Jack Wills, american eagle and A&F, it's a whole personality thing lol. We're a race, the 'preps', like chavs and emos, but cooler :cool:

ReputationRep:
    and we don't look gay, tell that to all those skinny-jean wearing peoplings out there. Skinny jeans are a bad phase, like spandex, hairspray and Maggie Thatcher

ReputationRep:
    preppy is prty cool IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    I may sound like an idiot here but I'm not. What is this 'Preppy' style of fashion people are talking about? I don't get in. Can someone explain what it is for me. I'm not starting a thread for people to ***** about what style they like or hate.

Thanks.
    The American version of being posh. Clothes like Ralph Lauren and Brook Brothers (you can shop for them on Regent Street) and considered preppy. Examples of preppy people include Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf from gossip girl, Jackie O, and the band Chester French. It's a clean and classic look and IMO people actually need to be wealthy to pull it off because they'll just end up looking like complete posers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poshtottie)
    You attitude isn't exactly preppy tsk tsk.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.