Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ever go through a period of listening to just one artist? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I downloaded a LOT of prince stuff a couple of weeks ago... I'd listened to a few of his albums beforehand, but I had no idea he had so much high quality stuff

so lately I've been listening to nothing but prince, working my way through his discography and loving it... prince has very much been the soundtrack to my summer so far

your turn

Yeh I do tend to have fads on a particular artist or genre too =D

Had a massive stint of blasting Motörhead about a month back, and now I find myself playing lots of blues and jazz tracks. If iIget a good new album, that usually gets killed because I've played it for about 3 weeks none stop too lol, so I don't listen to it again for a year or so. XD

Yes...

Debut albums(Keane + Coldplay + Above and Beyond + Pendulum)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Jack Johnson.

ReputationRep:
    Florence + The Machine's Lungs Deluxe Edition For Me =D

ReputationRep:
    yh i had a ladyhawke obsession back in about may! and listened to the album over and over!

ReputationRep:
    Placebo, The Smiths, Elliott Smith

ReputationRep:
    Had a period of downloading all of The Streets albums.

About 6-7 months ago it was Madonna, no idea why, as tbh she is bloody awful.

ReputationRep:
    Currently I'm only listening to Elliot Smith and Neutral Milk Hotel.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, started listening to Guns N' Roses about a year back and got into their albums real quick and i went like 2 months just listening to GN'R atleast 5 hours a day. Still listening to the but not as much as i used to

ReputationRep:
    Paramore lol

ReputationRep:
    You don't want to know my weird obsessions..

ReputationRep:
    Can't stop listening to Belle & Sebastian at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    last week all i played was ladyhawke, but im now listening to a lot of ska.

ReputationRep:
    Bombay Bicycle Club

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Recently there's been a lot of days where I've only listened to one band, convinced myself that they're my favourite and the best ever,then the next day I'll listen to someone else and realise I like them even more.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.
    I listened to Frightened Rabbit for about 2 months straight, then about 3 months of The Virgins. Finally back to my whole library now.

ReputationRep:
    I got hooked to John Legend for a couple of months back. Was going through a difficult period then (relationship-wise), can't bear to listen to any of his songs now.

ReputationRep:
    im litterally just listening to chris brown. like only him, its rather strange. i will get over it, but this has been going on for a while :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I switch every week. Last week was all about QOTSA, this week has been won back by Faith No More. Before that Soundgarden had a week and Fu Manchu had a week.

:awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.