Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ever go through a period of listening to just one artist? watch

ReputationRep:
    Been going back to Regina Spektor a lot lately. Regina is my listening, and The Beatles make up my 'bass practice'. Though, I'm having a period of 'rediscovering childhood classics' - latest rediscovery: Architechs and Nana - Body Groove.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, every time I get into a new artist. I'd listen to their song(s)/album on reply until I get obsessed with a new artist ^^;

Happened with Coldplay, Big Bang, N.E.R.D...

ReputationRep:
    I'll have odd days where I just listen to a lots of albums by one artist and weeks where i'll listen to just a few artists repeatedly but never just one. This is probably as a consequence of being scared that over-listening to things may lessen my appreciation to them. <_<

ReputationRep:
    mj

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I go through those phases a lot. They normally last around 2 weeks. It's most annoying though when your listening to an artist/band and no-one's heard of them, so you can't talk about it and when you do, they're like 'WTF!' Gets me everytime.

At the moment, it's probably Drake.

ReputationRep:
    always have that ... my current obsession ts the ravonettes :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i have times when i just listen to one specific band/artist. I remember listening to Paramore quite a lot a while back.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It's so annoying. Afterwards I end up hating them because I've listened to their songs so much. :/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i done this with MJ just after his death... and that then led to Chris Daughtry... doesnt everyone listen to one artist for a time?

ReputationRep:
    All the time,recently I can remember Death Cab for Cutie,The Smiths,The Cure,Friendly Fires,Mystery Jets,Vampire Weekend... Normally I find one song that I really love,then I just go on to other songs by that artist and its takes off from there.Lasts a couple of weeks usually.

ReputationRep:
    Celine Dion.

ReputationRep:
    I hate to admit it, but I listened to Lionel Richie for about a year non-stop. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Dusty Springfield.

ReputationRep:
    daft punk, kanye west, jamie t... and Jay Z- Encore when it came out, I literally couldn't stop listening to it.
    And Lil Wayne of course

ReputationRep:
    I listened to Up The Bracket and pretty much nothing else for a solid month when I was 15.

At the moment I'm listening to a lot of Bombay Bicycle Club. They're not particularly fantastic (but still pretty good) but every time I open Spotify I end up listening to them. 'How Are You' is on repeat.

I tend to listen to a band a lot after I've seen them live and been really impressed. After I saw the Hives I listened to them every chance I got for about a week.

I try to stop myself though because I end up getting bored of what is a really good song just because I've listened to it too much.

ReputationRep:
    Now: Dananananakroyd is playing on my ipod/phone 24/7

I thinks its LOVE.

ReputationRep:
    yes, at the moment it is all pretty much Jon Hassell.

ReputationRep:
    Skepta over and over again!

ReputationRep:
    Done that recently with Coldplay.

ReputationRep:
    I've had this with The Beatles, Animal Collective, Radiohead, Arcade Fire and Pixies at various times.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.