Turn on thread page Beta

ever go through a period of listening to just one artist? watch

ReputationRep:
    I used to listen to nothing but Iron Maiden when I was younger. I still like them and have most of their albums but I think I "over listened" to them and don't much anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Currently a very long La Roux kick. Though before I've had random periods where I listened to nothing but Busted and old Britney Spears songs.

ReputationRep:
    Michael Jackson mostly.

The Killers and The Beatles can kind of be added where i listen to a lot of both at times and not much others but enough of other artists, whilst with Jackson i have got a week with him dominating everything. And also he's my top played artist from January through to June, so all year he's been on top for me

ReputationRep:
    what on earth is wrong with you
    prince is diabolical

were you suicidal at the time, but couldn't bring yourself to physically self harm so did this as an alternative?

ReputationRep:
    Yup, indeedy. I can listen to Panic Prevention again and again and again and again.

Slight obsession, but healthy.

ReputationRep:
    Jason Mraz, at the moment. It changes every couple of months or so, and then I find a new artist to listen to constantly!

ReputationRep:
    Curently going through a Wang Lee Hom phase. Am not listening to anything else at all.

ReputationRep:
    Muse, coldplay, MCR, Green Day, for months at a time. I always go back to muse, though. Absolution is the best

ReputationRep:
    I've had pretty much a year of solid Ben Folds. I know all his songs inside out and I'm still not bored of him.

ReputationRep:
    I once listened to Bullet For My Valentine's Hearts burst Into Fire for 7 hours straight. Don't ask me why, because I don't know :p:

ReputationRep:
    Went through a huge Dream Theater phase when I was writing up my thesis this year. Went from 50-ish plays on last.fm to well over 2,000 within the space of a few months!

ReputationRep:
    Coheed and Cambria were the main band I listened too a couple of years ago. I was mad into them. I still am, but not so much nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    Yer all the time.

I'm just coming out of my stevie wonder phase. It comes around every couple of years.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Bloc Party this past couple of months.

In particular Silent Alarm.

ReputationRep:
    I think I've passed my Sia phase and have moved onto Florence & the machine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownpleasures)
    I listened to Up The Bracket and pretty much nothing else for a solid month when I was 15.
    Same :rolleyes:

I'm currently bouncing back and forth between The Cure and Radiohead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGimpMan)
    what on earth is wrong with you
    prince is diabolical

were you suicidal at the time, but couldn't bring yourself to physically self harm so did this as an alternative?
    nonsense, prince is incredible

I love that tiny, funky man

ReputationRep:
    This happens to me every so often. It actually happened with prince for me a few months back, I would listen to Purple Rain every day as well as other prince albums, I still listen to him a lot now but its down to 2 or 3 albums a week. Over the past 3 or so years its happened with Radiohead, Aphex Twin, Animal Collective, Bjork, Prince, The Velvet Underground and Sun City Girls (In that order!).

ReputationRep:
    I do that alot, currently with pet shop boys. Since I saw them live back in june I just don't want to listen to anything else! They have such a lot of songs in varying styles I just haven't felt the need to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el scorcho)
    I downloaded a LOT of prince stuff a couple of weeks ago... I'd listened to a few of his albums beforehand, but I had no idea he had so much high quality stuff

so lately I've been listening to nothing but prince, working my way through his discography and loving it... prince has very much been the soundtrack to my summer so far

your turn
    I actually LOVE Prince! You have good taste my friend!

At the moment I'm a bit obsessed with Paolo Nutini, his new album is incredible and I still adore his old stuff, his voice is so lovely! Bon Iver is pretty much a soundtrack to my summer as well

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.