Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Retained current modules or add additional ones that have my interest? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well this year will be my last semester and i've just 4 subjects left but only 2 exams, the rest is my final project and the other one is just presentation based. I'm also in charge of organizing a tournament of a football matched which i'm quite excited about lol, so quite busy near to the end of the semester. Well, i'm really interested to add 2 additional subjects that i'm really interested in, but if i take it then it will be 6 subjects which will be 4 paper based exams.

Should i take it? Currently my grades are good. I think i will manage to get a first, but if i add the additional subjects, then perhaps i will decrease my chances of either a first or a high 2:1. Not to say i'm not confident with the additional subjects (really adore the lecturer who will teach me one of the additional subject. She can deliver the lecture well, and i think i can get good marks with her.) Well is just a matter of 'overall' what do you think? The final project and presentations will have more work to it but perhaps i can managed it.

Any suggestions, advice, tips, anything is really appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newman24x)

Should i take it? Currently my grades are good. I think i will manage to get a first, but if i add the additional subjects, then perhaps i will decrease my chances of either a first or a high 2:1. Not to say i'm not confident with the additional subjects (really adore the lecturer who will teach me one of the additional subject. She can deliver the lecture well, and i think i can get good marks with her.) Well is just a matter of 'overall' what do you think? The final project and presentations will have more work to it but perhaps i can managed it.

Any suggestions, advice, tips, anything is really appreciated
    During my final yea I took an extra ten credits (one lecture series) on something that intrested me more. I had a crazy first semester for my final year which was not good. In essence however i really enjoyed it and did not regret it. It helped me get to a PhD as well.

Its not as easy as you think sorting it all out mind you and you will have to bug a few people. You need to see the head of who makes the undergrad programme in your department if you want to get anything sorted out.

And finally remember you are going to have more exams to revise for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epoch)
    Its not as easy as you think sorting it all out mind you and you will have to bug a few people. You need to see the head of who makes the undergrad programme in your department if you want to get anything sorted out.
    This is true. Not only i've to go to the head, i also need to see the academic affairs department, and finally the lecturer. It's hard work but perhaps it's worth it to get those subject that have my interest..

During my final yea I took an extra ten credits (one lecture series) on something that intrested me more. I had a crazy first semester for my final year which was not good. In essence however i really enjoyed it and did not regret it. It helped me get to a PhD as well
    so, is it advisable? what's your opinion? Should i just retained my current modules and be done with it or get the extra subjects?

out of curiosity, what subject did you take as an extra subject?

ReputationRep:
    I did Geology so I took Basin Dynamics (a sort of advanced Geophysics) which I did very well in. Just depends on how intrested you are in the subject. personally I would just do one that is enough. It is an extra workload but if you enjoy it I dont feel like that matters

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.